Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Jack Fitzgerald might take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Parchment wrote: »
    anywhere in the city that would take an old kettle for WEEE recycling? Preferably tomorrow!

Argos or Jack Fitzgeralds Electrical??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Thanks guys - will give them both a call in the morning!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

anywhere in the city that would take an old kettle for WEEE recycling? Preferably tomorrow!

http://www.weeeireland.ie/consumers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What is going on with the City Centre car park? Noticed they upped their prices again, wtf?! It's probably the best car park garage in the city, cant understand the increase! Maybe they should get rid of their feckin wifi and put the prices back down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Went Ice skating with the GF last night and was in the queue for tickets, a woman saw us in the queue and asked us had we tickets booked. We said "no" and she handed us 2 tickets she wasnt using.

If you're reading this, thanks very much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Town was awful messy last night. Situation outside Costellos was a joke. Practically a rugby scrum at the door with people trying to get in. Garda car outside and talk of someone having been bottled (don't know if this was inside or outside) then the minute the Guards left a big brawl breaks out at the door and 5-6 guys throwing punches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Limerick/Neneagh band Silent Noise Parade have a song that Sky Sports have apparently selected for a new ad campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJUm4R_8MU

Hopefully this will give the band the exposure they deserve, these guys are ones to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Any good cribs / carols worth visiting in the in the city /county tomorrow evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Does anyone know if its possible to get a city bus out to the tesco in a place that I think is called coonagh cross? Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The 302 will take you from Henry Street to Caherdavin which brings you within walking distance of Tesco in Coonagh. You'll want to be getting off at the stop by Mace in Caherdavin. Ask the bus driver to let you know when to jump out.

I moved to Limerick in September for college and I was going home last Friday and I have to say Limerick was looking absolutely beautiful under a blue sky. Was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

I moved to Limerick in September for college and I was going home last Friday and I have to say Limerick was looking absolutely beautiful under a blue sky. Was lovely.

you were pretty tanked, right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Went to smyths pub night before last.

Place is great. Good atmosphere, good mix of ages in there and drinks promotions/offers
    They've also got the best looking bargirl I've ever seen in any country! Kudos to her and the guy in charge of hiring staff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is there fireworks tonite in limerick ? 31 dec 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I don't think there is.

Some people seem to think there is fireworks at 8 but I haven't seen any official mention.

Anyone know of a pub in limerick that would be good for a group of 18/19 year olds. Hate nightclubs so would prefer a pub or even a nightclub that doesn't be too busy all the time. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where could I get a spray bottle of sugar soap in the city centre? Preferably a cheap one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Where could I get a spray bottle of sugar soap in the city centre? Preferably a cheap one !

Not sure but try Barry's on High St., or try the paint/wallpaper shop on Parnell St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

On the direction of the mods... Repost here

Unusual request but here goes...

Does anyone know of any business or property owner/manager in limerick that would have some space available for vehicle storage for a local limerick charity

Large secure yard used by a bus or truck company for example or anything similar.... any have any contacts with any large vacant warehouse owners or indeed any contacts with any large multinationals

Insurance would be covered by ourselves of course. We would be able to offer some financial contributions in return.

• Advertisement

On the direction of the mods... Repost here

Unusual request but here goes...

Does anyone know of any business or property owner/manager in limerick that would have some space available for vehicle storage for a local limerick charity

Large secure yard used by a bus or truck company for example or anything similar.... any have any contacts with any large vacant warehouse owners or indeed any contacts with any large multinationals

Insurance would be covered by ourselves of course. We would be able to offer some financial contributions in return.

How about the industrial estate on the Dock Road, in where An Post have their depot or out further here Dennehy's are, both have gates for lockups at night time.

phog wrote: »
    How about the industrial estate on the Dock Road, in where An Post have their depot or out further here Dennehy's are, both have gates for lockups at night time.

Wouldn't have finances for high rent to be honest.

Hoping for a bit of leftover good will from Christmas to allow us park vehicles for free or minimum rent. Corner of someone's yard or shed.

Wouldn't have finances for high rent to be honest.

Hoping for a bit of leftover good will from Christmas to allow us park vehicles for free or minimum rent. Corner of someone's yard or shed.

I didn't mean rent a spot, I meant ask for permission to park in the "public" areas of the locations.

Would Limerick Council be able to provide a parking spot in one of their depots?

Who owns Cahill May Roberts old place or the yard at the end of the laneway off Ruthland St?

phog wrote: »
    I didn't mean rent a spot, I meant ask for permission to park in the "public" areas of the locations.

Would Limerick Council be able to provide a parking spot in one of their depots?

Who owns Cahill May Roberts old place or the yard at the end of the laneway off Ruthland St?
    You could try in by clondrinagh motors, think they lock the gates at night

Nice few ideas there. I'll chase them up.

Keep them coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The irish red cross used to park over by the old milk place over by the "new bridge". Nobody parks there anymore. Wherever they park now could be a choice because obviously they need it to be secure and free/cheap also for their ambulances.

Could of been st Johns ambulance but I'm sure it was the Red Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Red cross have a garage in the lane behind their building on Upper Henry Street.

You could try asking at the bus depot or even out in Shannon Transport if they have free space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

The city looked well in the backround during the report from Limerick on UTV Ireland .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    The city looked well in the backround during the report from Limerick on UTV Ireland .

Nice backdrop alright. Where's the utv studio? Live95fm building?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement