Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I would've z with a bit more notice :pac:

I'm in my jimmyjams and it would take a very good looking guy to get me to move .... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For those who are interested. 75 people on benefits were brought before a 4 person review team in The Strand today.

They were brought before them because they were all visited by an investigator after being reported by somebody.

It just goes to show that the system does try to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Berty wrote: »
    For those who are interested. 75 people on benefits were brought before a 4 person review team in The Strand today.

They were brought before them because they were all visited by an investigator after being reported by somebody.

How fcuking dare they! Coming in our Country Hotels and stealing our jobs binifits and our Wimmen Jacintas.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I would've z with a bit more notice :pac:

I'm in my jimmyjams and it would take a very good looking guy to get me to move .... :D

ah u didnt miss much, we went to a very quiet mickey martins, i did get to do some hypno though, fun fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

That deserves its own thread, why are the doing it in the strand, why not dole office or fas office. There is 25,000 unemployed, it will take a long time to find the fiddlers at 75 a day. In a hotel with tax payers money.
    Also i noticed i have never once been asked for ID collecting dole or signing on.

• Advertisement

I was wondering the same when I was told it was held in the Strand. Im convinced there are cheaper and better value locations out there to use.

I was never asked for ID collecting my dole either, just my PPSN card or whatever its called. Fair enough in the city people could wander it with their brothers or cousins or whatever(subject to being the same sex) but outside of the city you have to visit your post office who would likely know you anyway.

zuroph wrote: »
    ah u didnt miss much, we went to a very quiet mickey martins, i did get to do some hypno though, fun fun.

ooh that sounds fun.... you'll have to do me some time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

...you'll have to do me some time!

:rolleyes:

Feck off! you're just jealous! :pac:

Thats clearly it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thats clearly it :P

Get a room ye two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The poor scummy mummies losing their dole, thats terrible how will they pay for their passats now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

If the winner wants to share the steak prize with me... Im still around until Monday :D

If the winner wants to share the steak prize with me... Im still around until Monday :D

I'll buy you a steak dinner but only on one special day each year.

Do you know what day it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Good Friday?

amiable wrote: »
    Good Friday?

March the 14th. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'll buy you a steak dinner but only on one special day each year.

Do you know what day it is?
    steak and bj day obviously

That sounds like one good day :pac:

That sounds like one good day :pac:

When Hallmark figure this out it will be a great day. Cards, balloons, chocolates, steaks and blowjobs.

WHAT A DAY!

Thats not really an offical day, Im afraid Berty.... :p so Ill take the steak thanks :)

• Advertisement

Thats not really an offical day, Im afraid Berty.... :p so Ill take the steak thanks :)

Well you know who to ask? Phil or Raiser. :cool:

Two miserable sh*ts to be honest so good luck with that. :p

Haha... might just skip it :p
    Well done guys .. nice prize in fairness to Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Greetings folks, I'm back from Iceland :D
    Jaysus I'm tired. I highly recommend the place though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Car stolen in Newport with baby in back.

Isn't Berty from Newport? Hmmm.... just admit you are the culprit Berty and we'll go easy on you.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0917/breaking16.html
    A man in his 60s is due to appear before Nenagh District Court in Co Tipperary this morning after a car with a baby boy in the back seat was stolen yesterday.
    The car was taken from Newport village in Co Tipperary at 3pm yesterday. A four-month old baby was in the car at the time.
    Gardaí recovered the car and baby in Nenagh a short time later, and the baby was reunited with his parents.
    The man was arrested on the outskirts of Limerick at about 4pm and detained at Nenagh Garda station under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.
    He was charged in relation to the incident yesterday evening. The baby was unharmed in the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Jaysus there are some right thick ignorant argumentative people in this forum lately !!!!!!!!!:(

kilburn wrote: »
    Jaysus there are some right thick ignorant argumentative people in this forum lately !!!!!!!!!:(

you talking to me? cause it looks like your talking to me?

whats your problem? mmmm

bring it!

* this post is meant in a humorous manner--just in case

kilburn wrote: »

Who's buggin ya?

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Car stolen in Newport with baby in back.

Isn't Berty from Newport? Hmmm.... just admit you are the culprit Berty and we'll go easy on you.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0917/breaking16.html

Not me but I was in Birdhill when they were nabbing him. I was mistaken for a Detective at the time as well which was funny. Anyway they had stopped a bus further along towards Limerick and searched for me but to no avail and 2 squad cars came thundering into Birdhill and stopped asking me(Detective :D) had I seen him?

Quickly they figured I was simply just a bum and gave me a description. I had only seen him seconds before hand sitting on the bench of the bus stop and then climbing into a van. They tore off after the van and thats all I know.

I didn't take NO CHILD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Not me but I was in Birdhill when they were nabbing him. I was mistaken for a Detective at the time as well which was funny. Anyway they had stopped a bus further along towards Limerick and searched for me but to no avail and 2 squad cars came thundering into Birdhill and stopped asking me(Detective :D) had I seen him?

Quickly they figured I was simply just a bum and gave me a description. I had only seen him seconds before hand sitting on the bench of the bus stop and then climbing into a van. They tore off after the van and thats all I know.

I didn't take NO CHILD! :D

Your alibi sounds plausible, you're off the hook so ;)

• Advertisement

WOW. Did I really just say that they searched the bus for me. :confused:

Too late to edit it now as I have been quoted. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement