Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

Berty wrote: »
    I've had a look at other similar pieces of old electrical stuff around the house and most seem to be a 7.5amp. This is only 2.5amp so I'll check out Maplin. They have similar time delay fuses on their website but not the amp I'd like. Maybe they will in store.

Are you anywhere near the ballysimon rd? Im in work till 11 and just dug a few out of my toolbox. Have one 2.5A here if you want it. PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Are you anywhere near the ballysimon rd? Im in work till 11 and just dug a few out of my toolbox. Have one 2.5A here if you want it. PM me

Missus works on the Ballysimon road and I drop her off/collect her everyday. Where are you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Might want to take it to PM folks

Clareman wrote: »
    Might want to take it to PM folks

Done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm not being a mod or giving out or anything, just that you mightn't want to share details such as work places or where you'll be at a certain time, there's a lot of crazies on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm not being a mod or giving out or anything, just that you mightn't want to share details such as work places or where you'll be at a certain time, there's a lot of crazies on the internet

Says you....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Anyone watching A Sporting Chance on rte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone know anywhere around Limerick that I could get a cable for a recliner chair for a reasonable price as opposed to the daylight robbery price I was just quoted .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Catherine street, right between akasaka and the information office always smells like human ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Catherine street, right between akasaka and the information office always smells like human ****.

I think it's coming from those vacant houses down from Daffy's. It's been like that for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I stumbled across this on youtube maybe past pupils of Sexton Street CBS in the late 80's/early 90's might find it intresting but i found it to be an amusing enough video for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Does anyone else notice a big increase in amount of People calling to the door looking for money/ sign up to direct debit forsome charity/organisation..??

Does anyone else notice a big increase in amount of People calling to the door looking for money/ sign up to direct debit forsome charity/organisation..??

You get a lot of students doing this type of work for the summer I find.

You get a lot of students doing this type of work for the summer I find.

one today was a student i say, but it can get very annoying nearly 3 a week that are calling now. U be broke if u signed up for them all. u be nearly doing ur own collection to fund them

one today was a student i say, but it can get very annoying nearly 3 a week that are calling now. U be broke if u signed up for them all. u be nearly doing ur own collection to fund them

I wouldn't dream of giving them the time of day let alone my bank account details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

UNICEF were around my place today. It's bad enough trying to avoid them in town.

UNICEF were around my place today. It's bad enough trying to avoid them in town.

**** i probally have them next so.i am broke d/debits declined:eek::eek::):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

There's a lot of people up the top of Wolfe Tone street today. Looking at the newly renovated but unfinished buildings. Anyone know why?

I assume they are looking at sites for new houses but there's absolutely nothing to show up there and Joe public has taken an awful interest.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

There's a lot of people up the top of Wolfe Tone street today. Looking at the newly renovated but unfinished buildings. Anyone know why?

I assume they are looking at sites for new houses but there's absolutely nothing to show up there and Joe public has taken an awful interest.

It's a last tour today of the old Tait's clothing factory I believe before building starts for the social housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's an open day for people to come and see the old factory that was there. A piece in the post about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

this? http://www.limerick.ie/living/whatsnew/2015-06-22-final-glimpse-of-historic-tait-clothing-factory-in-limerick-before-its-transformation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I expect very little support here and I admire the man greatly as a sportsman but this thankspaulie thing is the biggest pile of crap I've seen in a while. Is it Limerick council looking for good PR or what. He's a professional sportsman who has been well paid all throughout his career, he has never played for Limerick and now he's heading off to feather his nest. A feckin banner covering the primest location in the city, I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it was done for the PR. They got it trending all over the world so I suppose it was job done. I don't think they hid that it was for PR either.

How can he play for Limerick? We don't have a county rugby team. That's not how it works here. He did however play for Young Munster, Munster, Ard Scoil in his school days and of course Ireland. I think he has represented Limerick fairly well. It's a great gesture to a great Limerick man.

How can he play for Limerick? We don't have a county rugby team. That's not how it works here. He did however play for Young Munster, Munster, Ard Scoil in his school days and of course Ireland. I think he has represented Limerick fairly well. It's a great gesture to a great Limerick man.

It's all true but I still think it's a bit over the top. I've never seen a similar tribute to anyone else from any field anywhere else. The strangest thing of all is that he isn't even retiring, are we just putting out how open minded we are compared to English soccer thugs or something.

As I said I have huge admiration for him so I don't want to get involved in a slanging match, just giving an opinion on this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's all true but I still think it's a bit over the top. I've never seen a similar tribute to anyone else from any field anywhere else. The strangest thing of all is that he isn't even retiring, are we just putting out how open minded we are compared to English soccer thugs or something.

Steven Gerrard got a huge send-off from Liverpool and Henry Shefflin's retirement got massive attention in Kilkenny.

Gerrard did cross my mind after my last post. Shefflin actually retired but I don't think Kilkenny would carry on like this with the huge banner etc. I think Gerrard is a little different though in a way because he actually turned down a lot more money and chances to win more trophies to stay with his hometown club. In some ways O'Connell is jumping off a sinking ship after many years of success.

BoD got a house wrapped in his image in Dublin last year, PoC gets someone saying he doesn't deserve it, can't please everyone I guess.

BoD got a house wrapped in his image in Dublin last year, PoC gets someone saying he doesn't deserve it, can't please everyone I guess.

I guess not.
    I'm not sure what your post means though, I would be equally displeased if Dublin city council had erected that banner and not some publicity seeking private business. And again I will point out that BOD retired, he could certainly have made more money by playing a few years in France at the end of his career.

I'm kinda sorry I brought this up, he seems like a good bloke and he's been a great player, I think this is a bit silly though.

• Advertisement

I guess not.
    I'm not sure what your post means though, I would be equally displeased if Dublin city council had erected that banner and not some publicity seeking private business. And again I will point out that BOD retired, he could certainly have made more money by playing a few years in France at the end of his career.

I'm kinda sorry I brought this up, he seems like a good bloke and he's been a great player, I think this is a bit silly though.

Limerick is getting some good press and a local guy who captained the Lions, Ireland, Munster and a local club is being wished well in his next job, I guess you're the kind of guy that doesn't wish a colleague well when their off to pastures new.

By the way, I think he swam for Limerick so that could count as a local representation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement