Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Clareman wrote: »
    Limerick is getting some good press and a local guy who captained the Lions, Ireland, Munster and a local club is being wished well in his next job, I guess you're the kind of guy that doesn't wish a colleague well when their off to pastures new.

By the way, I think he swam for Limerick so that could count as a local representation.

Ah Jesus, he swam for Limerick, they should have put that old picture of him in is budgie smugglers on Brown Thomas.:pac:

Look, I take it all back, I love him really, I remember his first cap for Ireland and cheered my heart out for him when I was in NZ for the 05 Lions tour. It's a pity that a similar fuss wasn't made in Cork for ROG

Ah Jesus, he swam for Limerick, they should have put that old picture of him in is budgie smugglers on Brown Thomas.:pac:

Look, I take it all back, I love him really, I remember his first cap for Ireland and cheered my heart out for him when I was in NZ for the 05 Lions tour. It's a pity that a similar fuss wasn't made in Cork for ROG

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

I think Paul has been given the highest honour available to Limerick people, Begrudrery!

Ha ha, no love for Swiper on this one,:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago. They removed a taxi rank for a crepe stall. :D

• Advertisement

I was out cycling a while ago along the river bank to UL and I spotted some activity in the Park on Clare Street, could hear the Stone Roses 'She bangs the drums' blaring so stopped for a look. It appeared to be an AAA family fun day of some type. I have no problem with these people or their policies but I don't think children and radical politics are a good mix, kids don't give a shít and shouldn't be used for publicity or PR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

It's amazing how many shops aren't open on a Sunday. How they expect us to want to shop in town instead of the Cresent is beyond me.

It's amazing how many shops aren't open on a Sunday. How they expect us to want to shop in town instead of the Cresent is beyond me.

Well is suppose there's six other days in the week and it's probably a waste of time to compete with the Crescent on Sunday given it's apparent status of being the top family venue in County Limerick on a summer Sunday, :(

UP TOWN:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Im just back from Germany where shops (except food shops) close on Sunday and it was refreshing to see families spend time together, see people being out and being active rather than shopping.

The Crescent is like Zombieland on a Sunday. People drinking mega-sized Costa coffees, wandering around buying stuff they probably don't need.

Parchment wrote: »
    Im just back from Germany where shops (except food shops) close on Sunday and it was refreshing to see families spend time together, see people being out and being active rather than shopping.

The Crescent is like Zombieland on a Sunday. People drinking mega-sized Costa coffees, wandering around buying stuff they probably don't need.

When I lived in Paris it was the same. No where open on a Sunday. Took a bit of getting used to but it was great. People actually did things and spent time together or relaxed for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

There's a lot to be said for it. I think there are a lot of social areas that we should be looking more towards Europe than the US for inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone go to the Munster Food & Garden show an the weekend??

any good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

There's a lot to be said for it. I think there are a lot of social areas that we should be looking more towards Europe than the US for inspiration.

For sure - but we seem to go the way of The UK unfortunately and be heavily influenced by consumer culture. Im not saying all the European countries such as Germany, France etc are perfect but they have many admirable qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

fryup wrote: »
    anyone go to the Munster Food & Garden show an the weekend??

any good??

I was going to head out but at €15 a ticket I decided not too. I really think €15 per adult was a bit much.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Photo film development - so where is the cheapest place to get this done in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

jmch81 wrote: »
    Photo film development - so where is the cheapest place to get this done in limerick?

Usually it's 50 for a fiver on Friday beside boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Anybody have an experiences with the newest jewellery shop on cruises street. Silvver wood I think. Want to pick something up tomorrow but I hate small shops.

West fest have upped their game this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Anybody have an experiences with the newest jewellery shop on cruises street. Silvver wood I think. Want to pick something up tomorrow but I hate small shops.

I was in there the other day for a browse, lovely selection of silver jewellery with varying prices, plus a few local crafts (pottery, prints) to the downstairs bit. Lady serving was very pleasant.
    Why do you hate small shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There was some talk before about the honor for Paulie from LCC - well I was in Toulouse during the week and on their Capitole they had a similar tribute to Guy Noves, also who hasnt retired so I dont think it is out of place if a similar if not bigger city could do the same for their legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

West fest have upped their game this year
    Jaysus, looks great! When you consider that The Coronas headlined it last year, it's a serious step up.

Jaysus, looks great! When you consider that The Coronas headlined it last year, it's a serious step up.

Should be a good weekend. Hopefully they'll move it out of the square this year. It's too small.

Should be a good weekend. Hopefully they'll move it out of the square this year. It's too small.
    To where though? Also, an idea me and a friend of mine had was that maybe one of the days could be entirely DJs playing and that the square would just be a big party atmosphere. It's not for everyone obviously but it would be great.

To where though? Also, an idea me and a friend of mine had was that maybe one of the days could be entirely DJs playing and that the square would just be a big party atmosphere. It's not for everyone obviously but it would be great.

The demesne. 5 minute walk from the square. Perfect location for an event like this because its huge. I heard it is going there and all the pubs and businesses will have their own marquees. I'd be first to give you the thumbs up for the dj idea too.

The demesne. 5 minute walk from the square. Perfect location for an event like this because its huge. I heard it is going there and all the pubs and businesses will have their own marquees. I'd be first to give you the thumbs up for the dj idea too.
    Great idea actually and the marquees will make it even easier for Teens to get drink haha.

Mc Love wrote: »
    There was some talk before about the honor for Paulie from LCC - well I was in Toulouse during the week and on their Capitole they had a similar tribute to Guy Noves, also who hasnt retired so I dont think it is out of place if a similar if not bigger city could do the same for their legend

That was me and while I didn't really begrudge him the honour I just felt it was over the top.
    Is this what you saw in Toulouse?

355199.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was me and while I didn't really begrudge him the honour I just felt it was over the top.
    Is this what you saw in Toulouse?

355199.jpg

yeah that was it, however it wasn't over the top but a similar gesture all the same. The Toulouse public are as mad and passionate about rugby as us and it was nice to see the same sort of honor being bestowed on a man that is considered a rugby legend in their part of the world.

McDermott's Gala in Patrickswell have fair nice deli food. Went to them for the second time yesterday and bought a packed roll.

Ticket Prices for the Westfest 2015, opinions?
    Tickets on sale at 9am Thursday Morning in the link below
    Earlybird Weekend Tickets :€39 ( available till August 8th)
    Weekend tickets : €49 (after August 8th)
    Nightly Tickets from €15- €25
    Children’s tickets, 3 – 12 years old: €5 Weekend Ticket
    Children’s tickets cannot be purchased in advance and must be paid for at the box office on the night by a Parent or Guardian holding a ticket.
    Minor tickets, 13 – 17 years old: €10 per night
    All minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian holding an adult ticket. Minor tickets cannot be purchased in advance and must be paid for at the box office on the day by a Parent or Guardian.
    Sign in system will be in operation and ID will be required.

• Advertisement

Speaking of tickets, the tickets for Andy Lee's fight versus Billy Joe Saunders are on sale now on Ticketmaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement