Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Having trouble with foreign neighbours at the moment noise rubbish etc but got me thinking why so many Aisan people in Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

bigpink wrote: »
    Having trouble with foreign neighbours at the moment noise rubbish etc but got me thinking why so many Aisan people in Limerick?

Why not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought it was hard to get into Ireland for Non Eu citizens unless for skilled work or trades.Was wondering why so many living in Limerick so must be in university or college i guess.Just find them very rude and aggressive when bought up issues so leaving it to the landlord now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone go to the Air display in Shannon today?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I was there with my son today. Went out early to avoid the traffic (successfully), but it didn't really start until half one. Loads of stuff for the kids there in fairness (queues for some of the bouncy castle things were long), and plenty of food stalls.
    The army had a nice display of vehicles, artillery and weapons, good stuff for the kids as well.
    There was all the normal morning transatlantic traffic to get out, which is why the airshow started later than I thought it would (my fault for not checking).
    By the time it got going, my 6 year old was wrecked, and I wasn't far behind him! Was a quite enjoyable day though, loads of people there. Some very impressive acrobatic displays, but didn't see all the airshow stuff. Just checking how the photos look and will try to add a few to the Aviation forum later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Was out at it too, very good set up. The traffic management on the way out was brilliant.

The displays were awesome, loved almost every minute of it.

Legs were killing me by 4pm so had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

source wrote: »
    Was out at it too, very good set up. The traffic management on the way out was brilliant.

The displays were awesome, loved almost every minute of it.

Legs were killing me by 4pm so had to leave.

I thought the 5 euro to get in was the best thing about it, meant you could leave if you had enough and not feel cheated. Far too many of events like this are overpriced.
    A lot of walking on rough ground makes the legs tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I thought the 5 euro to get in was the best thing about it, meant you could leave if you had enough and not feel cheated. Far too many of events like this are overpriced.
    A lot of walking on rough ground makes the legs tired.

Nah that part was grand, it was the standing still for hours in tarmac that screwed my already screwed up legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Arrived at the place at 10:20, walked a fair distance to where the entrance was where I waited until 11:00.
    The attractions there didn't really interest me, I looked at the army stuff for five minutes and I'm obviously too old for the children's attractions. The amount of food vans was great, offering a wide variety of food for everyone.
    But the main letdown was that the air display itself did not start until around 2:30, after waiting around for hours and hours I was just slightly fed up by the time it started and then the stunts that the planes did didn't really make me go "Wow!" with the exception of one. I was gone by 3 O'Clock as the show was just boring me and seemed to be getting repetitive. I hope I don't come off as a hard to please cúnt but I just wasn't really entertained.

^^^
    To be fair, if I wasn't there with a kid, I'd have felt the same, it was a long wait for the actual air show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

I was out in the other direction at the soapbox race in Abbeyfeale, now that was a great day. Here's a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDyZmAKuHWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone see the LGBT pride parade in town on saturday?

pity it had to be hijacked by SF and the AAA crowd

thought these parades were supposed to be non political and just about fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

fryup wrote: »
    anyone see the LGBT pride parade in town on saturday?

pity it had to be hijacked by SF and the AAA crowd

thought these parades were supposed to be non political and just about fun

Were Labour and FF not there as well..? Not sure on FG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The parental units want to head off for the day tomorrow. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Anyone know who I should contact about a blown street light near my house?
    Road is fair dark without it

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone know who I should contact about a blown street light near my house?
    Road is fair dark without it

Thanks

Are you listed in this?

http://www.airtricitysolutions.com/Content.aspx?key=report-fault

If not contact the LCC roads dept.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Yeah, thanks. I am after sending it to them now. See what happens. Thakns for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Yeah, thanks. I am after sending it to them now. See what happens. Thakns for that

You're very welcome.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Anyone know where I can get q replacement keyboard for a HP laptop in town? Had to change out a harddrive in a laptop for someone and the ribbon cable seems to be damaged (not sure if it was my fault! :P don't think so though) as a few keys aren't working at all

The Snipe wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get q replacement keyboard for a HP laptop in town? Had to change out a harddrive in a laptop for someone and the ribbon cable seems to be damaged (not sure if it was my fault! :P don't think so though) as a few keys aren't working at all

There's a couple of PC repair shops on Parnell street, you might get lucky there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can anyone tell me where i might get a case for a xperia Z3 in town/crescent tomorrow?

dashoonage wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where i might get a case for a xperia Z3 in town/crescent tomorrow?

I got a case for mine in the phone accessory shop in Arthurs Quay. I think it's called Fun Tech.

EDIT: it's open 12:00AM - 6:00PM tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Excellent thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Is there anywhere i could play badminton (with a friend & our own racquets etc) in the city?

I just want to play - i dont want to join a club or anything!

Parchment wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i could play badminton (with a friend & our own racquets etc) in the city?

I just want to play - i dont want to join a club or anything!

Not the city, but some friends used to rent courts in delta (where the indoor soccer is). Mary I might also be an option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Not the city, but some friends used to rent courts in delta (where the indoor soccer is). Mary I might also be an option...

Great thanks! i had forgotten about that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Anyone knowledgeable on the birds of prey to be found in the general West of the city region.
    Saw something interesting flying today near Patrickswell, no idea what it was but was too big to be a kestrel or sparrowhawk.

Anyone knowledgeable on the birds of prey to be found in the general West of the city region.
    Saw something interesting flying today near Patrickswell, no idea what it was but was too big to be a kestrel or sparrowhawk.

Kess73 is your man for that

Kess73 is your man for that

He is but he's as often seen these days as the wildlife he knows about!

• Advertisement

Buzzard I think. If anyone can say if there are buzzards in the locality, or definitely not and it must have been something else...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement