Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Just want to say fair play to the owner of the newsagents on Davis St I was in there earlier getting a couple of bits and as I was heading away down the road he came running up after me waving a 50e note I had dropped out of my pocket..a gentleman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is there any place in Limerick that prints names on La Liga jerseys? Specifically Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Buzzard I think. If anyone can say if there are buzzards in the locality, or definitely not and it must have been something else...

Could well have been a Buzzard...there's not many around, but there are some around.
    Could also have been a Goshawk/Harris Hawk/ anything else that people have lost while out hunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Is there any place in Limerick that prints names on La Liga jerseys? Specifically Barcelona.

No all you'll be offered is the premier league numbers. JJB sports used to do other leagues but they are closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Where is the best place to get i phone repaired in limerick. long time since i got phone repaired ?? Cracked screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Where is the best place to get i phone repaired in limerick. long time since i got phone repaired ?? Cracked screen

Got an IPhone screen fixed in the Cresent branch of the lads in Arthur's Quay. The phone was in a bad way and it only took an hour to have it back to brand new condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abba5

so about these waffles who making them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Glad I didn't book tickets and flights home for the Andy Lee fight in Thomond park! So much for wanting to fight in your home city... http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/andy-lee-s-world-title-defence-postponed-1-6900898

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Costello's got a new carpet/s in today.

Not sure what part of the pub got the makeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phog wrote: »
    Costello's got a new carpet/s in today.

Not sure what part of the pub got the makeover.

Did the local authorities / emergency services use it as some sort of hazmat emergency drill?

• Advertisement

Did the local authorities / emergency services use it as some sort of hazmat emergency drill?

Surely, you mean the old one.

phog wrote: »
    Surely, you mean the old one.

I was assuming that the old one was disturbed from its slumber and brought into the outside world. Although except for the done deal photo it would have been believable that it was deemed too risky and they just put some kind of containment membrane over it and put the new one straight over it.

Curious, is there any shop or individual who roots/jailbreaks phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Curious, is there any shop or individual who roots/jailbreaks phones?

It's very easy to do both and their are loads of guides online. But I'm sure most of the screen repair and unlocking places do both.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    (the ad, not the carpet)
    :pac:

Louche Lad wrote: »

Live 95 reported it during the week too. I think I'm going to Costello's tonight actually for the first time in ages. I'll get a gawk at this new carpet :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Driving home this evening I noticed a lot of smoke coming from Coonagh direction, was there something happening does anyone know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Clareman wrote: »
    Driving home this evening I noticed a lot of smoke coming from Coonagh direction, was there something happening does anyone know.

Tis the time of the year that farmers are burning anything and everything around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was burning Wednesday evening also behind a house in Coonagh

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was burning Wednesday evening also behind a house in Coonagh

I'd say the fire this evening was towards Delmege's Estate, on the Limerick/Clare border near Moyross. I could see it from the stand in Thomond Park.

Live 95 reported it during the week too. I think I'm going to Costello's tonight actually for the first time in ages. I'll get a gawk at this new carpet :P

Forgot about the carpet/wasn't in the right mindset to notice new flooring last night. Apologies :pac:

Bust water main in Caherdavin.

Road works on Thomond Bridge from tomorrow until October 9th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Berty wrote: »
    Tis the time of the year that farmers are burning anything and everything around them.

It's illegal, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

zulutango wrote:
    It's illegal, isn't it?

I think there are certain allowances when clearing land.

Has anyone here eaten in WokMania in Arthur's Quay? Awesome grub for a fiver!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Has anyone here eaten in WokMania in Arthur's Quay? Awesome grub for a fiver!

I'm a fan, especially for lunch time, pretty good value (I thought it was 5.95 for a chicken dish including rice).

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    It's illegal, isn't it?

Burning of anything and everything is illegal but there are exceptions
    Temporary agricultural exemption

There is an exemption under the Waste Management (Prohibition of Waste Disposal by Burning) Regulations, 2009 and Waste Management (Prohibition of Waste Disposal by Burning) (Amendment) Regulations 2013 that allows farmers to dispose by burning untreated/uncontaminated wood, trees, trimmings, leaves, bushes or similar materials generated by agricultural practices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement