Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

cronin_j wrote: »

1 pedestrian.
    3 stories about 1 driver who veered into the path of an oncoming truck.
    Until we have a doctor to certify us fit for every journey, an engineer's inspection for the car before every journey and a man with a red flag walking in front of our horseless carriages, road deaths are inevitable.

Not saying you're wrong to support the 50kmph limit, but it's not exactly damning evidence of the dangers of that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Rant about 123.ie Car insurance Jesus they are dear feckers Quote just to see how much it would be.1104 v 1180 nearly 100e in the difference just because i drive a honda instead of a focus everything same only name What a crowd of scamming feckers they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Different cars have different loadings the same way as Shannon banks is cheaper than the Irish estates because ones in another county. Doesn't mean the crime rate is lower. Loading is done on the basis of risk and yeah a Honda Civic is a little higher on the risk list than a focus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

~6% variance in 2 quotes isn't bad though, I was quoted from €280 up to over €800 last time I was up for renewal.

How about this?

I only had one company willing to quote me on a 1.6 Mini after having a full license since 2001. Have been driving company vehicles for years and the last time I had Insurance in my own name was 2006 so they treated me like a new driver. Disaster. Best quote I got was €580 TPFT and worst was €2,500 from one of them and they all wanted letters from every insurance company my employers were ever with and letters from all my employers(to prove I've never had an accident on any policy). :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

hahaha my insurance is going to be fun so when i renew it. only driving as civic saloon as run around car due to unfortunate circumstances (crash with my last car).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

My insurance has gone up from €429 to €665 with same broker/insurer.

I rang Aviva on Friday for a quote and with their "new customer discount" they offered me a quote for €775. :eek:

3 drivers insured on car, all full licences and all over 25. No penalty points and 7 year NCB. The car is a Ford Focus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

phog wrote: »

I rang Aviva on Friday for a quote and with their "new customer discount" they offered me a quote for €775. :eek:

3 drivers insured on car, all full licences and all over 25. No penalty points and 7 year NCB. The car is a Ford Focus.

Insurance is very strange in Ireland. I can insure 2 drivers, one with 2 points, on a subaru turbo petrol for less than that (Allianz). At the same time others refuse to quote at all.

I rang Aviva on Friday for a quote and with their "new customer discount" they offered me a quote for €775.

It was the same with me 630e 5yrs ncb full comp 2.0 Mondeo Nononsense &covered for bear attacks in Cavan area haha
    Insurance is very strange in Ireland. I can insure 2 drivers, one with 2 points, on a subaru turbo petrol for less than that (Allianz). At the same time others refuse to quote at all.
    I know what u mean very strange tried it myself before as a test to see.
    Usually 2/3 p points make no difference with insurers. cause it always for the same thing people have 2 pts for speed vans.(although its 3 pts now)

Just a rant
    A new car wouldnt last long today with all the fools driving on the road who cant park properly. Between banging the car doors of other peoples cars when they are getting out & scraping peoples front bumpers when they are trying to reverse u be nearly mad to get a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Anyone spot three large washing machines in the car park of costcutters in Ballinacurra?
    passed there this morning and had a bit of a WTF moment. They had prices and max weights displayed, but was driving so couldn't see any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Anyone spot three large washing machines in the car park of costcutters in Ballinacurra?
    passed there this morning and had a bit of a WTF moment. They had prices and max weights displayed, but was driving so couldn't see any more.

Probably for the new garage been constructed across the street where the old texaco garage was

steveon wrote: »
    Probably for the new garage been constructed across the street where the old texaco garage was

Could be. Would've thought it'd be a risk leaving them out like that though. Will have a look next time I pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I assumed they were some outdoor launderette for the Mary I kids who can't be bothered to drag the bags of washing back to mammy on a Friday night.

I assumed they were some outdoor launderette for the Mary I kids who can't be bothered to drag the bags of washing back to mammy on a Friday night.

Kinda wondered about that as well, but outdoors...
    On that topic, is Punch's hotel full of students now?

Those machines are in lots of locations and I've never ever seen anyone using them. I mean who's gonna sit around doing security on their own washing for such a long time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Berty wrote: »
    Those machines are in lots of locations and I've never ever seen anyone using them. I mean who's gonna sit around doing security on their own washing for such a long time?

I think there is security built into then so you need a pin number or something to use it, I know someone who used 1 recently to clean some duvets and they thought it was a great job.

****.Could have done with one of them:D:D, my washing machine is fecked.not draining.:mad::mad:

Well, I for one won't be airing my dirty laundry in public. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anywhere places in limerick one could have a few games of pool or snooker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anywhere places in limerick one could have a few games of pool or snooker?

Funworld on the Ennis road (just past the Gaelic Grounds heading out of town) has both snooker and pool, there's a club in town but it can be a bit daunting going in there

I was at the shop in Greenpark/Balinacurra last night, and sure enough, it's two washing machines and a dryer. €4 for a 4kg wash, €8 in a larger machine that can take 8kg, and the dryer.
    Some of the locals were sheltering there and getting in to the machines... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any offers/best value at the moment for heating oil, anyone?

An File wrote: »
    Any offers/best value at the moment for heating oil, anyone?

Someone in work spent an hour or so today ringing around and said that Corrib Oil was the best offer going, sorry I don't know price or quantity but if they say it's cheap it's cheap :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sweet! I've to order it in tomorrow before a pair of students from near-tropical regions freeze here. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

A guy at work ordered kerosene at 0.60c per litre from East Clare Oil

Sweet! I've to order it in tomorrow before a pair of students from near-tropical regions freeze here. :pac:

Poor students, what ever happened to wearing extra jumpers :D

A guy at work ordered kerosene at 0.60c per litre from East Clare Oil

According to http://www.corriboil.com/ they are 61c per litre but I think they give an extra discount over the phone.

Try Estuary too. Ordered €500 worth toady. Looking at last Novembers receipt here and that was 625L. I think your one on the phone said 830L for this year. So about 60c a liter. Big difference from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Tropical regions eh?

Did you tell them the ancient Irish tradition of sleeping together naked in a big sleeping bag. Great for warding off the cold.*

*Only works with hot single birds :D Otherwise they can feck off and freeze

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement