Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

More bad economic news for Ireland - Apparently investor confidence has continued to drop in recent times and our cost of borrowing is steadily climbing as a consequence.

- I keep reading that if things continue as is then our Governments Economic Advisers will have no option left but to call in the EMF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

you talking to me? cause it looks like your talking to me?

whats your problem? mmmm

bring it!

* this post is meant in a humorous manner--just in case

Ya, im talking to you ! I will see you outside in 5mins.

Battle of the martial arts. mmmmmmm Your going down !

*no violence or ruthless aggression is neither implied or requested by this message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

eh im in dublin...how does sunday night suit?

*no challange to violence or ruthless aggression has been accepted by this message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

oooh what's going on in dublin?

oooh what's going on in dublin?

Half marathon in the morning!
    Fitness forum training session and beers tomorrow night
    hangover and wondering where my legs are sunday :D

• Advertisement

what a weekend! enjoy :)

Thinking about maybe moving to Dublin.... any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thinking about maybe moving to Dublin.... any thoughts?

Don't unless you have to for a job or a loved one.

I hate Dublin. My office is in Dublin and I rarely go there. Dublin people do not have any personality like people outside of the city. There are no "local shops" whereby the owner is working there to make idle conversation. Nobody looks at each other in the street and if you bump into someone on the street early in the morning(going to work) and say hello they would jump out of their skin.

The accent. Well that speaks for itself. Removing the letter "T" from certain words seems to be the play of the day.

Traffic. LARGE SIGH*

Cost of Fuel

Cost of Parking

Cost of Rent / Houses

_____
    Pro's

The 02 Arena
    Vicar Street
    Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
    Dundrum Shopping Centre
    Dublin Airport links
    Great reliable bus service where you pay for the length of your journey and not like Limerick where to go 10 miles costs the same as going from one bus stop to the next.
    Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Ballsbridge :D
    You also get to listen to the weather and traffic and not have to wait till the end to hear about Limerick because they always refer to Dublin first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Well since none of ye made an effort to have a bit of a going away party for me. . . .im not inviting any of ye to the one tonight :p

Well since none of ye made an effort to have a bit of a going away party for me. . . .im not inviting any of ye to the one tonight :p

Where you going?

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Where you going?

Canada, for 6 months working. Flying out monday!

Sunday night ? hmmm Ya ok i accept your challenge.

We battle at dusk at poormans kilkee.

Your going down !!!

*Reality and facts may be incorrect

Im up for a party. Im home alone right now. :D Let's celebrate together. I might even spoil you for a steak dinner at Kens place. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh-q8RNLr3Q

Im up for a party. Im home alone right now. :D Let's celebrate together. I might even spoil you for a steak dinner at Kens place. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh-q8RNLr3Q

i cant watch that youtube vid berty, using my phone but thats a very nice offer. . . . I do like the prime cuts of meat personally ;) and since you didnt know i was going away, ill invite you :)

i cant watch that youtube vid berty, using my phone but thats a very nice offer. . . . I do like the prime cuts of meat personally ;) and since you didnt know i was going away, ill invite you :)

You know, they have the internet in Canada as well!!! :pac::pac:

You know, they have the internet in Canada as well!!! :pac::pac:

yes i do know thanks for reminding me.

ah good luck limerick_lass make sure you check in on us once in a while!!
    kilburn wrote: »
    Sunday night ? hmmm Ya ok i accept your challenge.

We battle at dusk at poormans kilkee.

Your going down !!!

*Reality and facts may be incorrect

Im fooked after the half ill just give ya the win :D

I forfeit, I have the flu :(

What kind of time, did you run?

Don't unless you have to for a job or a loved one.

I hate Dublin. My office is in Dublin and I rarely go there. Dublin people do not have any personality like people outside of the city. There are no "local shops" whereby the owner is working there to make idle conversation. Nobody looks at each other in the street and if you bump into someone on the street early in the morning(going to work) and say hello they would jump out of their skin.

The accent. Well that speaks for itself. Removing the letter "T" from certain words seems to be the play of the day.

Traffic. LARGE SIGH*

Cost of Fuel

Cost of Parking

Cost of Rent / Houses

_____
    Pro's

The 02 Arena
    Vicar Street
    Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
    Dundrum Shopping Centre
    Dublin Airport links
    Great reliable bus service where you pay for the length of your journey and not like Limerick where to go 10 miles costs the same as going from one bus stop to the next.
    Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Ballsbridge :D
    You also get to listen to the weather and traffic and not have to wait till the end to hear about Limerick because they always refer to Dublin first.

I don't have a car so those things aren't a problem. I've been looking into rental prices and so far it seems I could get something decent for near enough the same price as in Limerick, which is a shocker.

I don't like people knowing me and saying hello every two steps down the road so that doesn't bother me at all. Can't stand people in my home village waving at me and saying hello, it gets tiring, especially when I don't even know them.

Besides the job chances, I just thought there's more places to go, things to do, things are open later etc etc.....

Can't see a bad point to it really..... except trying to move up there.

I forfeit, I have the flu :(

What kind of time, did you run?

2hr 3 min...

my origional aim was 2;10 but some of the a/r/t heads convienced me to aim for 2hr...nearly had it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well done today. Back to lifting now?

well done not so bad.
    what kind of training do you do?
    I do the tae, cycling and use the arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Don't unless you have to for a job or a loved one. I hate Dublin. Dublin people do not have any personality.There are no "local shops" Nobody looks at each other in the street. The accent.

Seeing as we're making bullsh|t generalisations here, I'd say the exact same about Limerick and Limerick people Berty.

oooohhhhhhh you have started it now Berty:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Stupidusername - go for Dublin if you want it. I know 6 people in the last year who got minimum paid work up their and are up there and are really liking it. If you don't mind standing in a squashed luas, public transport is grand out there. Its amazing how i never have any trouble getting from one side of dublin to the other quicker thn if i was getting 2 buses from caherdavin to castletroy here in Limerick. then again, i am a real city lad (and limerick is not really cityish at all)

Once you can cover all your expenses and done your homework, if you want it - go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Seeing as we're making bullsh|t generalisations here, I'd say the exact same about Limerick and Limerick people Berty.

Yeah, but Berty is like, totally right, and you are so wrong.

Dublin is a fine place for a few years, would be hellish to have to live there knowing you'd be stuck there.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Stupidusername - go for Dublin if you want it. I know 6 people in the last year who got minimum paid work up their and are up there and are really liking it. If you don't mind standing in a squashed luas, public transport is grand out there. Its amazing how i never have any trouble getting from one side of dublin to the other quicker thn if i was getting 2 buses from caherdavin to castletroy here in Limerick. then again, i am a real city lad (and limerick is not really cityish at all)

Once you can cover all your expenses and done your homework, if you want it - go.

I'm quite into the city way of things myself so i think an upgrade would suit me fine.

I think I would like to secure a job before moving up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Dublin is a fine place for a few years, would be hellish to have to live there knowing you'd be stuck there.

And I suppose that's a fact is it? Yeah I always think Limerick should be the capital when it clearly has so much more to offer than Dublin :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

And I suppose that's a fact is it? Yeah I always think Limerick should be the capital when it clearly has so much more to offer than Dublin.

Don't talk nonsense, Dublin is a fine place.

I personally would hate to raise a family there though, the grey estates of west dublin are my personal idea of hell. Hell, I feel Castletroy and Annacotty are too suburban.

• Advertisement

ULstudent wrote: »
    Well done today. Back to lifting now?

yip...ill be under a barbell first thing tomorrow....s*it strong time again...ive missed it so much
    well done not so bad.
    what kind of training do you do?
    I do the tae, cycling and use the arena

jujitsu
    running
    the odd bit of cycling
    strenght and conditioning training ( mainly strenght though...have too tip the balance a bit soon...the old power belly is sneaking back) :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement