Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Red King wrote: »
    *Only works with hot single birds :D Otherwise they can feck off and freeze

That would only work if I were single too! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Does anybody know if any of the Dunnes in Limerick are stocking the Paul Galvin range of clothes?
    No smart comments please, I've seen them online and some of the pieces look nice, they haven't it in Jetland or Childers road, at least not last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Does anybody know if any of the Dunnes in Limerick are stocking the Paul Galvin range of clothes?
    No smart comments please, I've seen them online and some of the pieces look nice, they haven't it in Jetland or Childers road, at least not last week.

I'd imagine if any of them was going to have it, it would be those two.

I'd imagine if any of them was going to have it, it would be those two.

I'd have thought so, it seems a bit strange considering the fanfare there is around this new range. I'm actually raging (slight exaggeration:pac:) because I saw them in Dunnes in Cork a few weeks ago and didn't pay much attention as I was with the kids and I just figured I'd see them in Jetland as I find myself in there around once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I thought the advertising campaign was a bit low budget, dunno about the clothes
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The junction of O'Connell street and Roches street is a massive pothole. It's in really really bad condition. Mind yourselves if your driving, cycling or crossing the road there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Spotted that yesterday, it's a mess. Were there works there or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The junction of Glentworth and O'Connell Street is another pothole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

There were evening works at both of those junctions over the last couple of weeks, come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Beware , childers road retail park internal traffic plan is active.

They make everything worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah, Childers Road. I worked in one of the places in that retail park for just over a year. The build-up to Christmas was insane, and the January sales were almost as bad. I was happy to cycle there and back, no matter what the weather was like, just to avoid the traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So very poorly planned! Only one exit ffs... The missus works there and I don't envy her having to deal with that chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Hi This is an honest Question
    Has anyone every gone up to armagh before ?
    Be going around here Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon. Just wondering is it rough around there. ? Heard stories like in belfast certain places u dont go with an irish reg cause u will get ''killed'/beaten up.
    Is armagh like that too ??
    Never up the north before see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Hi This is an honest Question
    Has anyone every gone up to armagh before ?
    Be going around here Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon. Just wondering is it rough around there. ? Heard stories like in belfast certain places u dont go with an irish reg cause u will get ''killed'/beaten up.
    Is armagh like that too ??
    Never up the north before see.

being a member of her majesty's secret service , i'd say you'll have no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The Crescent one is terrible, so bad it is unbelievable. You've seen the photo, a few years ago we went to see him and were in McDonalds beforehand, you will not believe this but he was in there without the beard and hat and he was loudly having a cigarette with some mate of his.
    When my daughter tried to tell him about her list he stopped her abruptly and said that there's no need to tell him, its all in the list, she even said later on that that Santa wasn't a bit nice.

Mod edit to fix (what I hope was) an auto-correct error
    Dying to know what the typo was...

Dying to know what the typo was...

The mod changed slag (verb: to slag, banter, having a laugh at the others expense) to cigarette, is slag not used in Limerick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

The mod changed slag (verb: to slag, banter, having a laugh at the others expense) to cigarette, is slag not used in Limerick?

Yes it is. My mates are always slagging me as in taking the p**s out of me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Having a slag is an unusual way to use the word. It was used more as a noun than a verb. In that context it could be interpreted as meaning they had sex with a loose woman.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Having a slag is an unusual way to use the word. It was used more as a noun than a verb. In that context it could be interpreted as meaning they had sex with a loose woman.

That's the way I took it and figured that it was fag that was autocorrected, oopsie :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Figured there was no point in keeping my stupid mistake in the other thread and figured others might want to see my stupidity so moved them here.

Back story, I read a post of "having a slag with a mate" and thought some "adult" type activity and reading the post that slag was an auto-correct for fag (i.e. cigarette), so I edited the post, turns out it wasn't

• Advertisement

Santy Claus??? In McDonalds:eek::eek::eek:, in the middle of the day:eek:

Feckin hell, I thought he was bad enough anyway, if he had been spit roasting a young lady with his pal I don't think we would have went to see him in the grotto afterwards at all, even if the kids would have been a bit dissapointed:pac:

Santy Claus??? In McDonalds:eek::eek::eek:, in the middle of the day:eek:

Feckin hell, I thought he was bad enough anyway, if he had been spit roasting a young lady with his pal I don't think we would have went to see him in the grotto afterwards at all, even if the kids would have been a bit dissapointed:pac:

Now just think of being a mod and thinking that someone is alluding to Santa being shared in the middle of the day in McDonald's in the Crescent, quick edit :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

what'd be the best cinema to see star wars ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

philstar wrote: »

Probably between showtime and omniplex. Will be going for showtime personally. Screen 2 there has excellent quality and sound. The seats seem to be an issue of contention though. I find them comfortable, some people don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

philstar wrote: »
    Was at the odeon the place is really rundown armrests missing very loud ac. I'm thinking showtime or the maxx in the omniplex

Hello Can u hear Me ?:D:D:D:p:p

Does anyone know where u can get solder paste in limerick??, Tried B&q & halfords no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Maplin.

I didnt see any on the shelf on Maplain. must check website
    No they dont have any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Christmas Tree Recycling

Plus three FREE additional one-day collection points:

Musgraves Car Park, Park Road - Friday 8th January from 9am to 3pm
    Watch House Cross Complex - Saturday 9th January from 9am to 3pm
    Our Lady Of Lourdes, Childers Rd​​​ - Saturday 16th January from 9am to 3pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Berty wrote: »
    Mulgrave Street earlier. Inbound cars, spotted 11 Parking Fines on Windscreens. There might have been more before I started to spot them. :eek:

Did Leonards Motors illegaly parked cars have any tickets or fines? Of course not. :rolleyes:

Still love to know how they are getting away with that. Between them and the Savoy hotel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement