Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I went for a run tonight and past by Vistakon. There was a windmill close by. Anyone know who owns the windmill and its power rating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

YFlyer wrote: »
    I went for a run tonight and past by Vistakon. There was a windmill close by. Anyone know who owns the windmill and its power rating?

Vistakon owns it, I don't know the power output though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

h3000 wrote: »
    Vistakon owns it, I don't know the power output though.

Thank you.

Brilliant idea. There should be more of them set up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

YFlyer wrote: »

A 3MW turbine was refused on the basis that it was too big so it must be less than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Red King wrote: »
    I wouldn't use Zip Yard ever again. Ruined a coat of mine a while back. Rip off prices too.
    panda100 wrote: »
    I use Zip Yard all the time and have never had a problem with them. I agree though that they are a bit more on the pricey side.

Joe Clancy on Hartstonge Street is probably not any cheaper than the zipyard but he is a proper old-skool tailor and highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I didn't win the euromillions last night...... But on the bright side its SNOWING

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Anyone know if/where I could get Pastrami in Limerick? Tesco don't sell it, don't think dunnes do either. Google says lots of artisan type shops/delis in Dublin sell it but there's not much along those lines here. Any help?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'd say the "Real Olive Company" who work out of the Milk Market might have something like that. I can't say for sure, but it's worth a shot. I think they might be open at lunch time today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'd say the "Real Olive Company" who work out of the Milk Market might have something like that. I can't say for sure, but it's worth a shot. I think they might be open at lunch time today.

Yeah worth a shot. I guess la cucina might?

Lidl are selling carved spiced beef. The shelf label has "spiced beef / pastrami" written on it.

Cured irish beef coated in ground pimento.

The few times I've had pastrami it was in with a load of other stuff in a roll, so can't compare it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dunnes in jetland definitely does a prepacked pastrami and it's not too bad either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

Can you still get your car tax in city hall? I had thought it had moved to the dooradoyle office but now I'm not sure.

Can you still get your car tax in city hall? I had thought it had moved to the dooradoyle office but now I'm not sure.

Nope, only in Dooradoyle. They'll help you do it online or help with queries but you can't get a tax disc in City Hall

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For the musicians of the forum:

I have a semi-acoustic guitar that needs to be repaired (input jack has been falling out for ages after the tiny little screws fell out). Could do with having a strap fitted too. I also have an old electric guitar that needs new strings. Could probably fix that myself, but was thinking of getting both done together.

To whom/where should I bring my guitars?

I haven't used him (i'm not playing much these days), but the lad in steamboat music on steamboat quay comes highly recommended for guitar repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've a few guitars myself that I was thinking of getting fixed up. FSV on the top of William street always popped into my head as a place to go. They are very knowledgeable in the music section so I'd imagine they'd either fix it themselves or give good advice on where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

I haven't used him (i'm not playing much these days), but the lad in steamboat music on steamboat quay comes highly recommended for guitar repairs.

+1 for Marcus in Steamboat Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Another +1 for Marcus.

On a side note, that shop is awesome. Massive improvement in the quality and quantity of stock over the past couple of years. Good enough to rival some of the shops in the Big Shmoke. And ze Germans. Cool to see that there's always demand for music gear in Limerick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thanks, guys. I'll pop in there in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

rwmmnl.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/limerickhistorygazette/

I'd like to invite you all to a fantastic new site, it's on facebook and we are responsible for seeking previously UNPUBLISHED images from limerick. There have been many published and well-known photos on many sites but for us we are endeavouring to build a vast non-profit archive of your images.

I would like also to thank Clareman (Mod) for directing me here and for allowing me to post the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Although I have enjoyed the content of the pages mostly it's strange where people keep posting pictures of their relatives. I was expecting more historical pictures than peoples families.

I understand as an open group that's just the way it is but by last night I unfollowed the page. I'm still in the group and I'll still enjoy going in but the frequency of , in my opinion, unrelated pictures was overcoming my feed so quickly it got annoying.

Berty wrote: »
    Although I have enjoyed the content of the pages mostly it's strange where people keep posting pictures of their relatives. I was expecting more historical pictures than peoples families.

I understand as an open group that's just the way it is but by last night I unfollowed the page. I'm still in the group and I'll still enjoy going in but the frequency of , in my opinion, unrelated pictures was overcoming my feed so quickly it got annoying.

I did the same. Great page but far too many family photos of people I don't know popping up.

Berty wrote: »

Morning Berty

thanks for your message. It's replies like this I am looking for and it does help us a lot.

I do know you can adjust the setting your settings so you don't get as many in you personal page.

Again Berty i want to thank you for your feedback. :)

Tony

I did the same. Great page but far too many family photos of people I don't know popping up.

Hey there Snotaul Goodman

Big thank you also for your imput.

I will pass it along to ger.

I genuinely appreciate your imput.

regards

tony

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hey there Snotaul Goodman

Big thank you also for your imput.

I will pass it along to ger.

I genuinely appreciate your imput.

regards

tony

Its a great page Tony. Nice to browse through it. I added my mother to it because there are probably a few faces she'd know. She's originally from Hyde Road so she'd love it and might have a few photos to share too.

Its a great page Tony. Nice to browse through it. I added my mother to it because there are probably a few faces she'd know. She's originally from Hyde Road so she'd love it and might have a few photos to share too.

tahts fantastic i am glad she is loving the photos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Is this the group people were complaining about for uploading photos from published books like those Memory Lane books by Sean Curtin?

Red King wrote: »
    Is this the group people were complaining about for uploading photos from published books like those Memory Lane books by Sean Curtin?

At the start, we did have some teating problems with folk uploading some copyrighted stuff but we removed the offending items/ However as soon we deleted 1 photo, 2 more would pop up.

So as we didn't know what was belong to whom we invited those whose pics were uploaded to come in and guest mod for a day or two and remove any photos they owned and didn't want ao the site/

We are just an archiving site posting previously unseen photos of limerick in its normal everyday life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Had the misfortune to have to drive through the city centre while it was moderately busy today. O Connell street is like a whole load of bewildered people were spun around until they were dizzy, then made drive someone else's car. I think you could train seagulls to make a better job of driving a few hundred yards in a straight line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Had the misfortune to have to drive through the city centre while it was moderately busy today. O Connell street is like a whole load of bewildered people were spun around until they were dizzy, then made drive someone else's car. I think you could train seagulls to make a better job of driving a few hundred yards in a straight line.

Drove through town twice this evening, collecting someone and dropping them back, don't know where all the cars where in town for. The best was the car doubled parked on O'Connell St, hazard lights on and no one in it. It was outside abra.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement