Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

jmch81 wrote: »
    Drove through town twice this evening, collecting someone and dropping them back, don't know where all the cars where in town for. The best was the car doubled parked on O'Connell St, hazard lights on and no one in it. It was outside abra.

I've never made it the length of O'Connell street without encountering the "abra hazard" or several more like it dotted at random locations. They may as well paint a parking space or two there in the driving lane outside abra or supermacs.

On a more positive note, had a coffee in Bake1 on Denmark st. Mmmmm Lavazza.
    Proper americano, not the overheated, scaldy, watery dishwater some places serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Proper americano, not the overheated, scaldy, watery dishwater some places serve.

Bake1? Is that the place opposit Papas?

Red King wrote: »
    Bake1? Is that the place opposit Papas?
    That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Looking to get in about two pizza's delivered for around 12 tonight for WWE pay per view. Realized I don't have much experience ordering pizzas outside of dominoes and apache. Dont want to go much higher than 25 quid so whats the call here folk? Anywhere that I've been missing out on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Looking to get in about two pizza's delivered for around 12 tonight for WWE pay per view. Realized I don't have much experience ordering pizzas outside of dominoes and apache. Dont want to go much higher than 25 quid so whats the call here folk? Anywhere that I've been missing out on?

I've heard (never used them) good things about the place near Fine Wines in Thomondgate. Can't remember their name :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

phog wrote: »
    I've heard (never used them) good things about the place near Fine Wines in Thomondgate. Can't remember their name :o

Oh yeah, house pizza? They seem pretty popular on justeat so that might be me sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Frances4019

Students Corner Old Cratloe Road is the best.. My grandson says its better than Dominoes.... They deliver too. Look them up online.. good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

house pizza, e10 for 14 inch, chips and two cokes via marvin or e12 via justeat

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Frances4019

uote:
    Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBull View Post

Munster Meal deal
    16" Pizza with 3 toppings, chicken dippers, 2 chips, garlic bread & a bottle of Coca-Cola €18
    My usual order at The Students corner, Old Cratloe Road.

• Advertisement

As I said in a previous thread about House Pizza:

That place was served with a closure order over concerns about food safety. Food Safety Authority ordered it to be shut temporarily for two days.

They were also separately fined for serving a pizza containing plastic.

I'd avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I know of three people that have gotten pizza and meal deals in there and been sick that evening or the next day. Has put me completely off going near them.

Might try that one on Cratloe road though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'll have to try Bake1 this weekend, I haven't been in there since it was BB's.
    My personal favourite is a Chocolate Macadamia latte from Gloria Jeans in Thomas street, it's gorgeous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah, the first day of March. Spring!

And alas! It's still only miserable here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Arthurs Quay today. Other lift wasn't even working. :D

20160301_143949_zpsublv6rh7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

An File wrote: »
    Ah, the first day of March. Spring!

And alas! It's still only miserable here.

Indeed, I'm silently raging here, and it's not over the weather:(:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Indeed, I'm silently raging here, and it's not over the weather:(:rolleyes:

Yup, I know the feeling! Feels like time for airing things out and doing some spring cleaning. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

That was some lightning strike over the south side last night , took out my UPC and killed my computer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I thought it was the end of the world! Couldn't sleep at all after that thunder. I'm like a zombie in work right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

panda100 wrote: »
    I thought it was the end of the world! Couldn't sleep at all after that thunder. I'm like a zombie in work right now

The thunder woke me around 2, then the sky lit up with a lightning strike close to 3 followed by a hail storm.

phog wrote: »
    The thunder woke me around 2, then the sky lit up with a lightning strike close to 3 followed by a hail storm.
    Plus rattling slates, then the sound of something sliding down the roof. Uh-Oh!

Plus rattling slates, then the sound of something sliding down the roof. Uh-Oh!

Santa coming early/late?

jonski wrote:
    That was some lightning strike over the south side last night , took out my UPC and killed my computer

Killed my next door neighbours PC as well :(

jonski wrote: »
    Killed my next door neighbours PC as well :(

Got a shock when I first read your post:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Them surge protection leads u should get stop stuff like that happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I genuinely thought there was a gas explosion or a plane crash. Our house alarm and car alarm both went off.

That was some lightning strike over the south side last night , took out my UPC and killed my computer :(

How does that happen exactly?

Them surge protection leads u should get stop stuff like that happening

Have one and used it when I had ADSL from eircom but the coax from UPC doesn't go into it .
    Red King wrote:
    How does that happen exactly?

The surge from the lightning came in through the UPC cable and passed through the modem and into the PC , probably fried the motherboard .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Have one and used it when I had ADSL from eircom but the coax from UPC doesn't go into it .

The surge from the lightning came in through the UPC cable and passed through the modem and into the PC , probably fried the motherboard .

are you for real or kidding?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement