Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

tonyheaney wrote: »
    are you for real or kidding?

UPC were checking the lines this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

tonyheaney wrote:
    are you for real or kidding?

I don't kid about my PC . I only rate my kids above it..........and that's not even all the time 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Friend of mine had his telly and ps4 fried. Said he had them plugged into surge protectors too so was very strange. His brother electrician was even miffed by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Surge protectors are generally for a surge in power, a direct lightning strike will jump the surge protector. As well as that, the surge protectors age generally fitted as the 13amp plug but if your sky dish, TV aerial, horizon or telephone connection is hit the lightning can run into your house and equipment thru that connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I think the lightning knocked off my laptop. My microwave is no longer working since the storm either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Anyone know when the double deckers are coming into service? Still seem to be on test runs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Anyone know when the double deckers are coming into service? Still seem to be on test runs.

They have to cut down low branches and things before being brought into service. Shouldn't be long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I think this is an excellent idea.I spoke about this on another thread and it look's like there has been no improvement since.But i think any attempts at revitalizing Limerick city centre will always be undermined so long as anti social youths continue to cause havoc in the city centre.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/204311/Limerick-city-traders-call-for-garda.html

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I think this is an excellent idea.I spoke about this on another thread and it look's like there has been no improvement since.But i think any attempts at revitalizing Limerick city centre will always be undermined so long as anti social youths continue to cause havoc in the city centre.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/204311/Limerick-city-traders-call-for-garda.html

Henry Street is literally one street over from O'Connell Street what we need is just more Gardaí and Garda presence some special kiosk isn't going to magically solve the problem. Just put gardaí from Henry Street out on foot or bike patrols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Those scum are everywhere now for some reason. The areas outside McDonalds/Costa and up near Burger King seem particularly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Will they fit under the railway bridge on the Ballysimon Rd just at the roundabout?

Was there ever chatter about realigning the Golf Links Rd at the Ballysimon end? 2 disasterous bridges that hold up traffic constantly

marno21 wrote: »
    Will they fit under the railway bridge on the Ballysimon Rd just at the roundabout?

Was there ever chatter about realigning the Golf Links Rd at the Ballysimon end? 2 disasterous bridges that hold up traffic constantly

The old bridge on the Ballysimon Road was removed over 10 years ago. It's now 4.95m which is taller than the Limerick tunnel. The new double deckers are 4.4m.

As for the Golf Links road, there was supposed to be a road going from the Groody Link road up to the Schoolhouse Road junction on the Golf Links Road but it never happened. Absolute madness if you ask me. That junction by O'Shea's pub is a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I was at that meeting and the article doesn't do it justice at all. One person spoke from the floor about a need for a Garda kiosk and this is what the journalist took from the meeting :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The old bridge on the Ballysimon Road was removed over 10 years ago. It's now 4.95m which is taller than the Limerick tunnel. The new double deckers are 4.4m.

As for the Golf Links road, there was supposed to be a road going from the Groody Link road up to the Schoolhouse Road junction on the Golf Links Road but it never happened. Absolute madness if you ask me. That junction by O'Shea's pub is a nightmare.

Ah no issue with them so. I'm too young to remember the old Ballysimon bridge although oversized vehicles would've been restricted before they came to that one with the still in existance railway bridge on the old N24 near Morrisons (now L1171).

Yeah, I read about that 'Towlerton Road' on a SmarterTravel document somewhere. Regardless of that being built (it would only be a few hundred metres), the end of the Golf Links Rd could do with realigning, 2 ramshackle bridges creating an absolute mess.

marno21 wrote: »
    Ah no issue with them so. I'm too young to remember the old Ballysimon bridge although oversized vehicles would've been restricted before they came to that one with the still in existance railway bridge on the old N24 near Morrisons (now L1171).

Yeah, I read about that 'Towlerton Road' on a SmarterTravel document somewhere. Regardless of that being built (it would only be a few hundred metres), the end of the Golf Links Rd could do with realigning, 2 ramshackle bridges creating an absolute mess.

They were training the drivers on the double deckers today on the 304. Shouldn't be too long now.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    They were training the drivers on the double deckers today on the 304. Shouldn't be too long now.

They've been training them since January so I hope it's soon! There are approx. 140 drivers in the Limerick depot so the majority if not all of them will have to get the training.

The cousin is a trainee bus driver in Galway for Bus Eireann. He more or less said the same thing. The double deckers here should be in service soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

anyone know if clarkes shoes on bedford row is open tomorrow ?

dashoonage wrote: »
    anyone know if clarkes shoes on bedford row is open tomorrow ?

They open 1-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Cheers!

• Advertisement

The double deckers here should be in service soon.

They are going into service tomorrow morning. All 4 of them.

UL students are off for the week, so they have a week to be bedded in.

They are going into service tomorrow morning. All 4 of them.

How exciting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon a bollard in a street of Limerick and, maybe because I am a foreigner, I have no idea what it's for. Picture : LINK

Does anyone know what this 'T' is about :confused:? I'm very curious. Very.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fredo1664 wrote:
    I stumbled upon a bollard in a street of Limerick and, maybe because I am a foreigner, I have no idea what it's for. Picture :

This was done as part of a project between the Limerick School of Art and Design and local kids from the Island. Paul Tarpey, a lecturer from LSAD was involved and spoke about it in his street art culture night tour last year.

I think the bollards go all the way up to Thomand park and spell out thomand. It's something like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

panda100 wrote: »
    This was done as part of a project between the Limerick School of Art and Design and local kids from the Island. Paul Tarpey, a lecturer from LSAD was involved and spoke about it in his street art culture night tour last year.

I think the bollards go all the way up to Thomand park and spell out thomand. It's something like that anyway.

That makes perfect sense, thanks! Next time I go for a run/walk, I'll try to find them all :)

They start at the back of King John's castle on Thomand bridge. I know they spell out something leading up to Thomand Park. Not sure if it is Thomand as I think the first letter is an S!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hope it's not Thomand! :eek:

(It's supposed to be Thomond :P )

An File wrote: »
    I hope it's not Thomand! :eek:

(It's supposed to be Thomond :P )

Off to the spelling and grammar nazi forum with you!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    Off to the spelling and grammar nazi forum with you!:pac:

There actually is one of those, but it's very quiet these days. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement