Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Any supermarkets open today, I've nothing in for the dinner��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I don't think the bigger chains are open(I may be wrong), you're best bet would be one of the bigger spars/centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Coonagh Tesco is open 10am - 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I noticed over the weekend the old top oil station on the dock road is to become a Topaz making 3 of those sites on the same road. Bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Berty wrote: »
    I noticed over the weekend the old top oil station on the dock road is to become a Topaz making 3 of those sites on the same road. Bit weird.

You'd wonder how they can justify splitting the business between three different stores. Always seemed a bit mad to even have two of them so close together on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

But different brand of shops

bigpink wrote: »
    But different brand of shops

That I wasn't sure of. Couldnt picture there being two Re Stores but different shops is different I guess as there's little margin in fuel anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The topaz in the middle will do grand anyways as they have the contract with emergency services and garda, as far as I'm aware. The other topaz does very well due to proximity to Mary I. Always students stocking up on booze, food and supermacs when I'm there.

There's not that many convenience stores where the new station is being built. If it has a decent shop then it will do well. Gleesons spar does a roaring trade as it's only shop around that area.

To be fair there was a larger spar on Henry Street which closed but it really needed a lot of money spent on it. Guess they couldn't justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

panda100 wrote: »
    The topaz in the middle will do grand anyways as they have the contract with emergency services and garda, as far as I'm aware. The other topaz does very well due to proximity to Mary I. Always students stocking up on booze, food and supermacs when I'm there.

There's not that many convenience stores where the new station is being built. If it has a decent shop then it will do well. Gleesons spar does a roaring trade as it's only shop around that area.

Garda contract is with topaz not a particular garage. The one by the docks used to be used most but when it closed the business moved down to centra.

Most Gardai note tend to go to centra as there is more there and they can go into the shop 24/7 as opposed to the one by the docks where you have to use the hatch after 23:00.

• Advertisement

source wrote: »
    Garda contract is with topaz not a particular garage. The one by the docks used to be used most but when it closed the business moved down to centra.

Most Gardai note tend to go to centra as there is more there and they can go into the shop 24/7 as opposed to the one by the docks where you have to use the hatch after 23:00.

Yup. I've seen the emergency service discount used in Topaz in Roxboro too. Garda, ambulance service, fire brigade etc. Dock rd Centra have a fresh deli at around 2AM so no surprise that the emergency services frequent the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Done anyone know whats happening in Mungret with the road between the N69 and the r859 ? It seems its getting an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I think it is to do with connecting the Mungret sewage system to the Waste Water Treatment Plant off the Dock Road

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

dashoonage wrote: »
    Done anyone know whats happening in Mungret with the road between the N69 and the r859 ? It seems its getting an upgrade?

The road is being upgraded to include cycle lanes( shared surfaces in places) new led street lights, resurfacing of existing road network and signalized junctions at both ends. This will tie into a new road for the development of the new schools.

click on documents when you open the link below and you can download the plans.
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=94992&HL=0&PS=1&PP=transactions.asp

where to find after opening:
    click on:
    Information Pack
    Instruction to Tenders
    Volume A
    Book 2
    Drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Limerick91 wrote: »
    I think it is to do with connecting the Mungret sewage system to the Waste Water Treatment Plant off the Dock Road

Mungret has already been connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

wtf! a set of traffic lights on the N69...jesus wept lads....another tail back for the commute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I'm looking for photos of the Desmond arms Pub Cathrine street limerick. Anyone seen any?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Why isn't there a dedicated freeflow left turn slip from the Dock Rd outbound to the N18E?

The Dock Rd & Dublin Rd are jammed in the evening, not because they are under capacity but there's delays at the stupid roundabouts plonked at the motorway interchanges on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

marno21 wrote: »
    Why isn't there a dedicated freeflow left turn slip from the Dock Rd outbound to the N18E?

The Dock Rd & Dublin Rd are jammed in the evening, not because they are under capacity but there's delays at the stupid roundabouts plonked at the motorway interchanges on both.
    As several posters here will tell you, limerick does not have traffic problems. The council agree with them.
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/2015/06/19/council-rejects-dock-road-traffic-study/

10 minutes will do you to travel dock road at peak times. LOL!

Me? I'd rather pull my fingernails off with a pliers than attempt to reach the far end of dock road from mallow street at peak times.
    The opposite journey seems to be a free for all at the roundabouts in the morning until they completely block up.... be faster to reach the motorway from Ard Aulinn / Mungret by going via the M20 than going through those two roundabouts.

I feel so sorry for the guy that spent ten years collating an anecdotal and subjective ranking of the poshest suburbs of Ireland. All that time and effort and the thread had gone zombie on him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that Monaleen, Castletroy, Dooradoyle, Ashbrook, Clonmacken, Mungret, Adare and Coonagh are all richer (posher) than Ballsbridge

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that Monaleen, Castletroy, Dooradoyle, Ashbrook, Clonmacken, Mungret, Adare and Coonagh are all richer (posher) than Ballsbridge

Maybe it was a lead in to some guerrilla marketing for the limerick version of monopoly that I saw a headline about?????
    Otherwise... yeah... I'm right there with ya trying to get my head around the list!

Frankly I'll judge poshness by teenagers wearing Jack Wills clothing. It's the new Abercrombie or Hollister , or I'm way out of touch.

Feck statistics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Guys I've changed my groups name to IrelandHistoryGazette www.facebook.com/groups/IrelandHistoryGazette/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Clareman wrote: »

I know right :D

Berty wrote: »
    Frankly I'll judge poshness by teenagers wearing Jack Wills clothing. It's the new Abercrombie or Hollister , or I'm way out of touch.

Feck statistics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Any of ye been in Mother Macs (the old Round House bar) on High St yet?
    Thinking of going there tomorrow for a look see so I'd like to read your opinions on the place.

Also I'm getting fed up of the usual popular haunts in town and would like to try some place new. Any recommendations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thinking of going there tomorrow for a look see so I'd like to read your opinions on the place.

Also I'm getting fed up of the usual popular haunts in town and would like to try some place new. Any recommendations?
    Its nice they have really cleaned it up.All the old wood seems restored.Started middle of the road bar but going more hipster now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I opened a feedback thread on how the Limerick forum is being ran, feel free to lodge your feedback on how you think things should be ran, we are open to all suggestions, if you want to PM any of the mods or ask a question in this thread feel free as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Live in the area and pass the pub everything night. Seems to be more of a hipster crowd in there, it's nice to see it busy at weekends too.

Think they have live music on occasion as well, at least one guy doing an acoustic set anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement