Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

If they got permission for outdoor seating in front of the pub it could be a decent place to go for a Summers day pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mezzanine08

Any of ye been in Mother Macs (the old Round House bar) on High St yet?
    Thinking of going there tomorrow for a look see so I'd like to read your opinions on the place.

Also I'm getting fed up of the usual popular haunts in town and would like to try some place new. Any recommendations?

Was in there a couple of weeks ago. It was very quiet but it was picking up by the time we left. The two lads behind the bar were also sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Anyone notice a surge in people begging moreso than usual in the past few weeks.

The centra shops in the city seem to be a favourite spot.

Denmark Street seems to be attracting a lot lately too, at all times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Red King wrote: »
    Anyone notice a surge in people begging moreso than usual in the past few weeks.

The centra shops in the city seem to be a favourite spot.

Denmark Street seems to be attracting a lot lately too, at all times of the day.

Yeah, tend to get used to seeing the same old faces out on the streets but in recent months it feels like there's been an influx of people begging, most of them quite young.

Also, going slightly off track, but do get the sense that a few of them are being a bit disingenuous in their methods too. I'm aware of how condescending that sounds but would like to know how destitute all of these people are.

My general rule of thumb when considering whether to give them money or not is to check their runners; if they're newer-looking than mine than I opt not to cross their palms with silver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My general rule of thumb when considering whether to give them money or not is to check their runners; if they're newer-looking than mine than I opt not to cross their palms with silver.

I really don't think people should give money at all.

There are services available for people in these situations, that's what taxes pay for. I work for one of those services and their is an individual begging at the moment in O'Connell street who should be in our service but is probably getting enough money from passers by to fuel their addiction issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Anyone know a butcher in the city that does the small chicken wings (as in not the whole wing)? My girlfriend loves them and I'll be in city center for 20 minutes this evening so would be good if I could pick them up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Treepole wrote: »
    Anyone know a butcher in the city that does the small chicken wings (as in not the whole wing)? My girlfriend loves them and I'll be in city center for 20 minutes this evening so would be good if I could pick them up somewhere.

Did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lads anyone know what happened @ the cement factory/mungret road Today Around 16.45/17.00. i was passing it the was a post truck stopped. St johns ambulance with lights on & Emt First Responder car on the grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Hi admin had to adjust my groups name, please note that we are moving to a new group here:

www.facebook.com/groups/IrelandHeritageGazette/

Please add yourself

Anyone have a couple of tickets going for David O'Doherty tonight in Dolans? I told a friend I brought the tickets a week ago, but I didn't and now it's sold out so I'm fecked. Willing to collect and pay face value if anyone has any spare :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

panda100 wrote: »
    Anyone have a couple of tickets going for David O'Doherty tonight in Dolans? I told a friend I brought the tickets a week ago, but I didn't and now it's sold out so I'm fecked. Willing to collect and pay face value if anyone has any spare :)

You try ringing or calling in there?Often returned tickets

bigpink wrote:
    You try ringing or calling in there?Often returned tickets

Ya called in earlier to no avail. Might try them again later though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

panda100 wrote: »

Sneak in ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What was the story with the two knackers fighting in William street yesterday evening? Apparently the video is gone viral but I havent seen it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw it. Fighting across from foxes bow. On the footpath and in traffic. Listening to the accents/comments from everyone watching it was entertainment for them.

The worst bit was the fact the video was recorded vertically. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    I saw it. Fighting across from foxes bow. On the footpath and in traffic. Listening to the accents/comments from everyone watching it was entertainment for them.

The worst bit was the fact the video was recorded vertically. Haha

Berty - you're always in the thick of it :D

I dont suppose the Gardai decided to show up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'll be disappointed if there isn't "aaaate her Kellyyyyyyy, kick her inta da ..." quality soundbite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mc Love wrote: »
    What was the story with the two knackers fighting in William street yesterday evening? Apparently the video is gone viral but I havent seen it yet

The video has gone viral mainly thanks to the Limerick Post's clickbait headline which was something like "Limerick Street Fight video goes viral". I used to have time for the Post but that there is a really ****ty thing to do.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Berty - you're always in the thick of it :D

Ooops, meant I saw it as in the Video. :pac:

I wouldn't be walking on that street. :pac::pac:

I figured the Gardai arrived towards the end of the video just by the way they started acting/moving/talking.

Am I the only one who is shocked by the casual racism on the Limerick Forum this week and NOT confined to just ONE thread either? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Berty wrote:
    Am I the only one who is shocked by the casual racism on the Limerick Forum this week and NOT confined to just ONE thread either?

AND sexism

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Am I the only one who is shocked by the casual racism on the Limerick Forum this week and NOT confined to just ONE thread either? :rolleyes:

I would be shocked, but one character seems to be showing a pattern of behaviour over several months now. Others joining in is a little sad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Berty wrote:
    Am I the only one who is shocked by the casual racism on the Limerick Forum this week and NOT confined to just ONE thread either?

I stopped looking soon after it was started.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Please use the report post function to help us out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Prob talking about me when i wondering why so many indian pakistani people here.Its a vaild question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

bigpink wrote: »
    Prob talking about me when i wondering why so many indian pakistani people here.Its a vaild question

Hard to say really.

Ones person's "shocking racism" is another person's "it's like downtown Milan/Hong Kong/Karachi" is another person's valid fears of how the refugee/migrant issue is being handled/ignored/downplayed, or another person's "cream crackers fighting in the streets".

Are any of these racist except to very sensitive types?
    I haven't seen any "time for another limerick pogrom, time to burn the feckers out" type posts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Time to burn the Feckers out:D:D:D:D & time for another program:D:D:P:P::p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Hard to say really.

Ones person's "shocking racism" is another person's "it's like downtown Milan/Hong Kong/Karachi" is another person's valid fears of how the refugee/migrant issue is being handled/ignored/downplayed, or another person's "cream crackers fighting in the streets".

Are any of these racist except to very sensitive types?
    I haven't seen any "time for another limerick pogrom, time to burn the feckers out" type posts though.

Wait until one of them opens a Burrito stall.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Time to burn the Feckers out:D:D:D:D & time for another program:D:D:P:P::p

2010 the year you were born???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I am not sure what "Shocking racism" is being referred to but sometimes people think questioning anything about people from other ethnic backgrounds is racist. Its really not. Its possible to discuss things such as immigration in Limerick without racism being involved, sure there will always be a small faction that will say inflammatory stuff but others just wish to voice concerns about the changing face of their city. The moderators shut down many threads relating to race/immigration - i dont see why, delete the blatantly racist posts but let people discuss the topics at hand that affect our city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement