Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DeadHand wrote: »
    So, the way to do this is belittle Irish people as being genetically inferior?

Not "Irish people". Just WUMs and xenophobes who happen to be Irish. A subset, if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

I think the posters getting hysterical about Syrians should calm down and eat a burrito.

Or a kebab if they aren't afraid to venture into the Muslim enclave down the Milk Market.

I'd recommend Turkuaz, very tasty and the staff are sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I'd recommend Turkuaz, very tasty and the staff are sound.
    I value my arteries, no thanks.

Also I refuse to eat halal meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭DeadHand

An File wrote: »
    Not "Irish people". Just WUMs and xenophobes who happen to be Irish. A subset, if you will.

No, you're wrong.

The poster referred to the "Irish genepool" which encompasses all Irish people.

Can you get back to me on post #7998 please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Stop trying to provoke each other, there's a lot of **** going on here at the moment and we don't want to take actions but some of the stuff that's going on is making the forum a difficult place to read at the moment.

If you have a problem with a post, report if, if you have a problem with a thread report it or ignore it, if you have a problem with a poster ignoring them.

• Advertisement

The thread I started about the Syrian families moving to Limerick was locked because of racism. I genuinely did not see any examples of it bar one or two posts. Perhaps Politics cafe is a better place for such discussion as they are more tolerant but it was obviously something important to a lot of people in Limerick. It was one of the most active threads in a long time. I certainly do not want to imply a bias here but I do think there is at least a hint of moderators being over protective when it comes to Islam.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The thread I started about the Syrian families moving to Limerick was locked because of racism. I genuinely did not see any examples of it bar one or two posts. Perhaps Politics cafe is a better place for such discussion as they are more tolerant but it was obviously something important to a lot of people in Limerick. It was one of the most active threads in a long time. I certainly do not want to imply a bias here but I do think there is at least a hint of moderators being over protective when it comes to Islam.

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert when it comes to Islam so I wouldn't be comfortable moderating anything on it, that's why I'm not a mod in relation to such topic. As you pointed out there are forums on here that are a lot more suitable areas for such discussion with a lot of extremely knowledgeable posters.

I know a lot of posters on here would love for this forum to be a free for all with indepth discussion on every topic imaginable, unfortunately that's not always possible.

Any by the way, moderators don't try to be over protective on anything, if there's a reported post, we'll action it, if there's a post we feel is against the charter, we'll action it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

An File wrote: »

Ooooh casual inference of untermensch towards those with different opinions. I can see the worries people had about the people posting on this forum.

a hint of moderators being over protective when it comes to Islam.

... And being utterly ignorant of the fact Islam isn't a race...

Odd that from a discussion apparently rife with "racist stuff" our betters are yet to furnish us with a single example or, indeed, anything beyond snide personal insinuations.

DeadHand wrote: »
    ... And being utterly ignorant of the fact Islam isn't a race...

Odd that in a discussion apparently rife with "racist stuff" our betters are yet to furnish us with a single example or, indeed, anything beyond snide personal insinuations.

Hold on a second, I can't see where any Midwest mod has had any personal insinuations, moderators from other forums carry no additional rights on this forum, if you have a problem with a post report it and we'll take action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Clareman wrote: »
    Hold on a second, I can't see where any Midwest mod has had any personal insinuations,

I think the "our betters" is not a reference to mods but to those who wish to hold the moral high ground regarding immigration while simultaneously dispensing racist putdowns or inferences of being of a lower order of human to irish people who aren't in fawning agreement with them.

Hold on a second, I can't see where any Midwest mod has had any personal insinuations, moderators from other forums carry no additional rights on this forum, if you have a problem with a post report it and we'll take action.

Who said anything about the Mid West mods?

Edit: SC nailed it!

Jaysus

It is a pity you lot weren't as quick to jump on the putdowns or inferences when they were going in the other direction.

One quip about the Irish and you have yer panties in a twist.

Jaysus

It is a pity you lot weren't as quick to jump on the putdowns or inferences when they were going in the other direction.

One quip about the Irish and you have yer panties in a twist.

I'm not sure who "you lot" are that you're referring to, remember this is the LIMERICK forum on an IRISH message board, some people can get defensive from time to time but once people can behalf like grownups everyone gets on.

I'm not sure who "you lot" are that you're referring to, remember this is the LIMERICK forum on an IRISH message board, some people can get defensive from time to time but once people can behalf like grownups everyone gets on.

It is not the moderators. It is the posters doing their best to stir up anti-Syrian sentiment with baseless inferences and downright inaccurate statements. The same posters then seize on one quip to steer the conversation in a direction to suggest that people who support Syrian refugees are somehow anti-Irish. It is absurd and ridiculous and a bloody embarrassment to the Limerick forum and boards at large.

It is not the moderators. It is the posters doing their best to stir up anti-Syrian sentiment with baseless inferences and downright inaccurate statements. The same posters then seize on one quip to steer the conversation in a direction to suggest that people who support Syrian refugees are somehow anti-Irish. It is absurd and ridiculous and a bloody embarrassment to the Limerick forum and boards at large.

I don't know what to say to that to be honest, I've been a member on boards since the old Quake forums days and I ca't say I've noticed that but saying that I've never looked out for it either. All I can recommend is if you spot a post you have a problem with attack the post not the poster and if you think there's something seriously wrong with the post report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Any chance we could have our random waffle thread back ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ooooh casual inference of untermensch towards those with different opinions. I can see the worries people had about the people posting on this forum.

Feel free to infer as you please. My posts may or may not have implied certain things.

If you or others happen to recognise a little of yourselves in my descriptions, well, that says more about ye than me, to be honest.

It is not the moderators.doing their best to stir up anti-Syrian sentiment
    Asking if we know if they are actually Syrian or have they been screened is not anti-Syrian. Being worried about radical Islam is not anti-Syrian. Syrian's are free to not be radical if they choose.
    with baseless inferences and downright inaccurate statements.
    Pardon me but there was a whole load of those from the other side too.
    The same posters then seize on one quip to steer the conversation in a direction to suggest that people who support Syrian refugees are somehow anti-Irish.
    Openly stating we need to be genetically improved and then continuing to stand by your statement is not one quip.
    It is absurd and ridiculous and a bloody embarrassment to the Limerick forum and boards at large.
    I'm embarrassed that some appear to have no pride in their own culture and way of life and want to facilitate radical Islam.

On what basis is accepting 25 refugees fleeing a war zone facilitating radical Islam.

Go on now, you have the floor. Back up your statement with some facts.

• Advertisement

On what basis is accepting 25 refugees fleeing a war zone facilitating radical Islam.

Go on now, you have the floor. Back up your statement with some facts.
    We don't know they are refugees.
    We don't know they are fleeing a war zone.
    We don't know if they are terrorists.
    That's how.

And even if they are....

We are encouraging more to make that treacherous crossing by accepting them and keeping that route open for radicals.

This is the LIMERICK Regional Forum, not a forum on Islam/Refugees/Terrorism unless there is a local slant on it.

This is also the RANDOM thread for general randomness/not too serious stuff. If you want to debate stuff via PM feel free but I don't think there's a need for this current topic of discussion to continue in here.

This is the LIMERICK Regional Forum, not a forum on Islam/Refugees/Terrorism unless there is a local slant on it.

This is also the RANDOM thread for general randomness/not too serious stuff. If you want to debate stuff via PM feel free but I don't think there's a need for this current topic of discussion to continue in here.
    Sorry! So difficult not to take a shot when the goalposts are 50 feet wide.

Anyways, back off topic. "Meadowlands" on the Ennis road. I think it's called that anyway. What is it?

Anyways, back off topic. "Meadowlands" on the Ennis road. I think it's called that anyway. What is it?

Are you sure it's on the Ennis Road? There's a Meadowlands by the Clarion but I don't know of 1 by the Ennis Road.

Are you sure it's on the Ennis Road? There's a Meadowlands by the Clarion but I don't know of 1 by the Ennis Road.
    Just noticed it the other day they'd added a sign or rather letters fixed to the front wall of a bungalow that had been under renovation for some time just after the Topaz garage in by Caherdavin lawn.

Drug rehab or old person's home or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is funderland groody road any good? is it safe for under 12s ?

many scummers about ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Just noticed it the other day they'd added a sign or rather letters fixed to the front wall of a bungalow that had been under renovation for some time just after the Topaz garage in by Caherdavin lawn.

Drug rehab or old person's home or what?

The owner of the house is local.His father had a large pub in upper catherine st some time ago.

The owner of the house is local.His father had a large pub in upper catherine st some time ago.

Yeah but what is meadowlands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

House name?

• Advertisement

House name?

LARGE letters. No one could be that pretentious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement