Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Only if your short sighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I think it's just the house name. When they went up first after the house was renovated we thought it might have been a beauticians or a professionals office but after a bit we just assumed it was a house. I do agree it looks out of place on a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

If people are looking for a strange build,have a look at the new house at the end of Clonmacken.There was a small bunglalow on the site but now you have the frontage of the old house and an oversize two storey block in between the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

We don't know they are refugees.
    We don't know they are fleeing a war zone.
    We don't know if they are terrorists.
    That's how.

And even if they are....

We are encouraging more to make that treacherous crossing by accepting them and keeping that route open for radicals.

Oh right. I was under the impression you knew something I didn't. Glad you clarified you are none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

This is random - can anyone tell me where i could buy some kind of padding/felt-y stuff that can be stuck inside shoes? i have a pair of shoes that are rubbing the front of my foot when i walk.

I will try boots etc. but ay other suggestions?

• Advertisement

You can get felt upstairs in Hickey's Cruises Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Sorry lads who are they advertising for these people who are going around door to door ? (Tf marketing) around raheen dooradoyle area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sorry lads who are they advertising for these people who are going around door to door ? (Tf marketing) around raheen dooradoyle area.

Panda Power I understand. My sister in law was job seeking recently and asked me who they were and all searches on indeed.com seemed to link the two campaigns together.

thanks bud . i told them to feck off cause they slagged off my neighbours teen with a disability.Panda power i must report then as well.

• Advertisement

:mad::mad::mad:on another note RANT!!!!!!!

How do some taxi drivers get there taxi licence or do they have any licence. twice this wk taxi drivers have gone straight out in front of me.
    1st was when before the turn off on to Connell street @ Debenhams pulled straight out in front of me turned & pulled up on the corner no indicators lights or anything nearly taking the side off him.

2nd was on mallow Street going towards Limerick inn. Junction of peoples park Foreign taxi driver turning right towards bus station pulls straight out nearly in front of me & swerve to go around him & he sounds his horn cause i gave him a dirty look. he was the one dangerous driving. they are a joke.

rant over over feel better now:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

You could be stoned in some countries for getting felt upstairs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Guys can i ask what exact symbol would you identify with Ireland?? For example, some people see the treaty stone as limericks identify others the spire is Dublin but what about Ireland as a whole, what symbol represents it best?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Guys can i ask what exact symbol would you identify with Ireland?? For example, some people see the treaty stone as limericks identify others the spire is Dublin but what about Ireland as a whole, what symbol represents it best?

I would have thought the harp would have been the automatic one, maybe the shamrock or a round towers or a Celtic cross. Personally I wouldn't think of the treaty stone or spire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

By the way Tony I noticed that you have posted the same question in AH, be careful posting the same thing in multiple threads at the same time as it might set off spam filters and get your account marked as a spambot which could ban your account.

Clareman wrote: »
    I would have thought the harp would have been the automatic one, maybe the shamrock or a round towers or a Celtic cross. Personally I wouldn't think of the treaty stone or spire.

The Treaty tone is limerick the spire is Dublin both set in stone but would the harp be 100%

what about this lady any one able to tell me about her? 241jpmo.png

By the way Tony I noticed that you have posted the same question in AH, be careful posting the same thing in multiple threads at the same time as it might set off spam filters and get your account marked as a spambot which could ban your account.

is that not allowed CM?? if you can tell me the right thread to write in i would be very happy to go there, i cant find one dedicated to Ireland

The Treaty tone is limerick the spire is Dublin both set in stone but would the harp be 100%

what about this lady any one able to tell me about her? http://i66.tinypic.com/241jpmo.png

That's the lady of Hibernia isn't it? Used on a lot of flags rather than as a symbol.

I guess if you're going for the Island of Ireland you'd say Harp, if you were to say Republic of Ireland then the Shamrock. The colour of Ireland is blue by the way.

is that not allowed CM?? if you can tell me the right thread to write in i would be very happy to go there, i cant find one dedicated to Ireland

I'd imagine History and Heritage would be a good fit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=330

Posting the same thing over and over is a form of spamming and is against the rules and there are automatic protections in place I think.

That's the lady of Hibernia isn't it? Used on a lot of flags rather than as a symbol.

I guess if you're going for the Island of Ireland you'd say Harp, if you were to say Republic of Ireland then the Shamrock. The colour of Ireland is blue by the way.

Blue :eek::confused::eek::eek: Are you sure???? Don't take me the wrong way but can you show me??? I never even knew that

• Advertisement

I'd imagine History and Heritage would be a good fit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=330

Posting the same thing over and over is a form of spamming and is against the rules and there are automatic protections in place I think.

Thank you CM just seen the links pop up in my history thread BIG thank you :)

@Clareman can i repost the original post in the link you sent me or will that set off the spam filter? I think the other post thread is attracting a lot of idiots so may ot need to go there

Blue :eek::confused::eek::eek: Are you sure???? Don't take me the wrong way but can you show me??? I never even knew that

St. Patricks Blue, green is the colour of Irish nationalism and orange is the colour of the Orange Lodges.

@Clareman can i repost the original post in the link you sent me or will that set off the spam filter? I think the other post thread is attracting a lot of idiots so may ot need to go there

If you report your first post in After Hours and ask the mods to move the thread the probably will, either that or wait a few hours and ask the question (or phrase it differently).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

fryup wrote: »
    is funderland groody road any good? is it safe for under 12s ?

many scummers about ??

Took my 3 year old there on Monday afternoon and had a fantastic time. Though we deliberately went at a time that most kids would be at school as it's packed at the weekends. It's well worth getting the wristbands online as in 4 hours, you'll use way more rides than you would paying individually. I plan on going back next week if the weather stays dry on Tuesday/Wednesday. There was a huge amount for even a small child to do, so under 12s would love it. The only complaint I had was that that I wasn't prepared for the weather to be so hot and there is very little shade.

There's also no toilets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

There's also no toilets

There were Portaloos beside Jungle River.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    There were Portaloos beside Jungle River.

Its a pity the staff didn't know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Its a pity the staff didn't know that

Some of them did anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Traffic lights out on the Dublin road in castletroy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement