Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

Anywhere around that can repair a power washer hose? The hose on my one has split and they ain't cheap to replace. Just seeing if it's possible to repair before I go down the replacement route. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anywhere around that can repair a power washer hose? The hose on my one has split and they ain't cheap to replace. Just seeing if it's possible to repair before I go down the replacement route. Cheers

Is it a big slit? I used Gorilla tape for something like this before. It works perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Way back I saw someone recommend a company that repaired them - I think they were based off Tipp Rd.

In searching I found this guy

cronin_j wrote: »
    Is it a big slit? I used Gorilla tape for something like this before. It works perfectly.

I don't think it's as bad as it looks. I think it's built up of an inner hose and the outer protective hose so I can't actually see the hole/slit properly. Might chance the gorilla tape and see how that works.

phog wrote: »
    Way back I saw someone recommend a company that repaired them - I think they were based off Tipp Rd.

In searching I found this guy

If gorilla tape fails I'll try this guy. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

For anyone who passes South Circular Road or O'Connell Avenue, the Novena is starting in the Redemptorists next week (starts 17th June).
    Don't know about anyone else, but I find driving past the novena a nightmare if you pick the wrong time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

For anyone who passes South Circular Road or O'Connell Avenue, the Novena is starting in the Redemptorists next week (starts 17th June).
    Don't know about anyone else, but I find driving past the novena a nightmare if you pick the wrong time.

Is it just me or does the new picture of the (very white and western looking) Jesus outside the Redemptorist look suspiciously like teen pop sensation Shayne Ward

30871bb0-1941-4d72-834f-e5eca879803a_zpsozjnlfap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

panda100 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the new picture of the (very white and western looking) Jesus outside the Redemptorist look suspiciously like teen pop sensation Shayne Ward

Jesus :D
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Jesus :D
    :D:D:D

Jesus Frank Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marymary1984

Maybe this will attract people back to the church - get the young girls interested! Bieber would have more followers than Jesus - a new hair style might help.

• Advertisement

Looks like some of the rocker lads I went to school with (the school next to the Redemptorist church). :pac:

Maybe this will attract people back to the church - get the young girls interested! Bieber would have more followers than Jesus - a new hair style might help.

If tey keep changing this guys images in another 200 years time people will only know him as a small female TS Asian

Don't mean to sound like a creep here Tony but noticed you posting in the Leaving Cert forum. Fair play for going back and sitting it. How is it going for you?

Don't mean to sound like a creep here Tony but noticed you posting in the Leaving Cert forum. Fair play for going back and sitting it. How is it going for you?

No worries Snotaul lol hahaha Ill just count you as one of my many Fans hahah you should pop over to my Ireland group on facebook :)

Yeah it's going ok English paper 1(wed) and 2 (Thur) seemed to go ok no problems there. Geography and maths in one day (today) however threw me a bit.

There wasn't enough time to study a lot. At one point I had a question which said "Answer ONE of the three Questions"

IO ended up doing ALL three, I guess i was in the moment and going with the flow, But it was fine i finished the paper with time to spare.

As for the math... I studied but what came up was NOT what i studies lol But i did my best seeing as i have ZERO Math background.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me I'll keep you updated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

very white and western looking
    He looks like a Semitic Jew which is what he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

He looks like a Semitic Jew which is what he was

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/

That's a good article on it. If he was walking around Limerick people would more than likely think he was a Muslim given his Middle Eastern features. Not some hipster surfer lookalike

Noticed the sex shop Utopia has not been open for the last few days. (Not desperate to make a purchase I just pass it regularly!!). Any idea what's going on there?

I remember they had trouble with the council before trying to get rid of them.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business-news/145765/Sex-shop-reopens-despite-Limerick-council.html

Council gave them 90,000 to move and they moved across the street!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^
    90k to move ? are you serious!

probably waiting to be moved again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wasn't that because the shop was in the buildings that were to be knocked for the Opera Centre? I don't think it was because the council was being all Mary Whitehouse about there being a sex shop in town.

iguana wrote: »
    Wasn't that because the shop was in the buildings that were to be knocked for the Opera Centre? I don't think it was because the council was being all Mary Whitehouse about there being a sex shop in town.

Well according to the article I just posted:
    The shop, it is understood, did not “fit in” with the council’s plans for the area.

Understood by whom and for which reason is conveniently missing from the article. Then again it is the Leader and their "journalists" probably failed English in the leaving.

• Advertisement

tonyheaney wrote: »
    No worries Snotaul lol hahaha Ill just count you as one of my many Fans hahah you should pop over to my Ireland group on facebook :)

Yeah it's going ok English paper 1(wed) and 2 (Thur) seemed to go ok no problems there. Geography and maths in one day (today) however threw me a bit.

There wasn't enough time to study a lot. At one point I had a question which said "Answer ONE of the three Questions"

IO ended up doing ALL three, I guess i was in the moment and going with the flow, But it was fine i finished the paper with time to spare.

As for the math... I studied but what came up was NOT what i studies lol But i did my best seeing as i have ZERO Math background.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me I'll keep you updated :)

I'm part of that group already Tony. Best of luck with the rest of the exams. Looks like they're going well for you so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Google Maps now has aerial/satellite imagery of Limerick from last year. Anyone able to guess when exactly?

I had the last set of imagery narrowed down to the 21st of September 2007! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In some places yes, in others no.

I was perusing Kileely and in one image it's definitely updated but in another image the former occupants car is in the driveway whereas the current occupants are living there a number of years and this is only 2 streets apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Jaysus some serious snooping there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Who's good at maths here? Special prize if anyone can spot the absolutely impossible implication of the figures on the front of the limerick post.

Now, I saw impossible because it was rammed down our throats that it was impossible. It raises doubts about some other "absolute truths" from the self styled enlightened ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Now, I saw impossible because it was rammed down our throats that it was impossible. It raises doubts about some other "absolute truths" from the self styled enlightened ones...

Briefly saw the front page, think it was to do with immigration. What's their estimate of Syrians coming to Limerick now? 10million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Getting warm.. ish.
    Believe, it is completely unpossible. I may have to issue a #trigger warning it so shocking to the "enlightened ones".
    It's not a big deal to me, and preferable to other scenarios believe me... but it contradicts one of the core assertions made by people here. Ruh Roh! Run to your safe spaces!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tumblr_nnlmr7glwz1s46p8ao1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

tumblr_nnlmr7glwz1s46p8ao1_500.gif

Random and waffles, nice one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Random and waffles, nice one.:D

Exactly what this thread is about, not a thread to continue on threads we've already closed. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement