Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Bomb threat at Live 95 at the moment - http://www.limerickpost.ie/2016/06/17/radio-studio-and-hse-offices-evacuated-over-bomb-threat/

Nuts!
    A BOMB threat has forced the evacuation of the studios and offices of Limerick’s Live 95fm and the adjoining offices of the HSE this Friday afternoon.

At around 2pm, this Friday, the offices and the entire building on the Dock Road when the alert was raised.

An emergency evacuation plan was implemented and gardai, together with the emergency responders are on alert at the scene.

The army bomb disposal unit in Cork has been alerted to the incident.

More to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Probably the wrong place for this but I don't think it fitted in any of the other threads. But wirh Canteen moving to a bigger premises sometime in the future I would love to see them doing a set tasting dinner menu using fresh seasonal ingredients every month or every few months. I think they'd do a great job at it and it would bring something new to the Limerick food scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Bored_lad wrote: »
    Probably the wrong place for this but I don't think it fitted in any of the other threads. But wirh Canteen moving to a bigger premises sometime in the future I would love to see them doing a set tasting dinner menu using fresh seasonal ingredients every month or every few months. I think they'd do a great job at it and it would bring something new to the Limerick food scene.

Never been never seen to have a menu outside and always seem to shut early.whats it like

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

What to waffle on about?

I know. Elephants.

bigpink wrote: »
    Never been never seen to have a menu outside and always seem to shut early.whats it like

It's a cafe the food and coffee is excellent and all their ingredients are fresh and locally sourced, the owner/head chef worked in The Fat Duck at one stage as well. It is quite small in there but it's still nice. They do seem to close quite early at 4 o'clock. The menus are on their website and they normally post on social media if their changing the menu for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

It's a cafe the food and coffee is excellent and all their ingredients are fresh and locally sourced, the owner/head chef worked in The Fat Duck at one stage as well. It is quite small in there but it's still nice. They do seem to close quite early at 4 o'clock. The menus are on their website and they normally post on social media if their changing the menu for the day.

Expensive?Seems a bad location.Hipster kinda place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bigpink wrote:

I avoided the place for a long time despite the wife's protestations. Thought it would be a hippy cesspool.

Place is too small. Coffee was nice, food was fine but cold by the time I got it.

Girl came over to take our order and when she realised we weren't sure she gave us menus and drinks. Then when we decided she never came back. I had to join the end of a queue to order at the register. Lots of potential with the food and stuff but you need a proper manager in there to run it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Canteen is a hipster place. Small portions.

bigpink wrote: »
    Expensive?Seems a bad location.Hipster kinda place?

No I don't think it's expensive. You will find a lot of Limerick arts community in their but I wouldn't consider it a hipster place.

You are supposed to order at the counter so I don't see why you had a problem with that. Also I've never had anything come out cold but I'm sure they would have no problem taking something back and reheating it.

You are supposed to order at the counter so I don't see why you had a problem with that. Also I've never had anything come out cold but I'm sure they would have no problem taking something back and reheating it.

Did the scatty waitress tell me I needed to order at the till? No, she came over to me and asked me what I wanted. Then a queue developed. I thought I was first in line to be dealt with. Or do they expect their customers to be psychic?

Anyway the food seemed pretty nice and I'd give them another go but I do think they were lacking in the service side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Never buy a Nordmende cooker they are absolute ****!!! Look what happened to the connection/thermostat connection & the cooker only just over 4 years old!!!Feckin melted.
    389350.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My rage for the patrons of the novena has hit breaking point. They absolutely have no regards for pedestrians and cyclists. They are parking all over the pavements on South Circular Road and surrounds. I've been knocked off my bike almost three times this week alone with people opening their car doors without looking.

You'd think that these supposedly pious people would have some thought for their fellow human beings.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

panda100 wrote: »
    My rage for the patrons of the novena has hit breaking point. They absolutely have no regards for pedestrians and cyclists. They are parking all over the pavements on South Circular Road and surrounds. I've been knocked off my bike almost three times this week alone with people opening their car doors without looking.

You'd think that these supposedly pious people would have some thought for their fellow human beings.

Agreed, and the irony being I took the bike more often than normal this week to "avoid" the traffic in the area.
    "I've been to mass, the Lord will protect me..." :mad:

Actually knocked off your bike? Wow.

I have seen the traffic wardens walking past cars parked on double yellow lines and ignoring them. Are they under some instruction to tolerate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Actually knocked off your bike? Wow.

I have seen the traffic wardens walking past cars parked on double yellow lines and ignoring them. Are they under some instruction to tolerate it?

Oh no, I almost got knocked off, few close shaves that's all. The garda have quite a heavy presence down there regarding directing traffic and appear to be ignoring all the illegal parking as well.

I overheard possibly the most Irish question of all time while walking past the Redemptorist this morning,' What was better, the novena this morning or the match last night?' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Oh no, I almost got knocked off, few close shaves that's all. The garda have quite a heavy presence down there regarding directing traffic and appear to be ignoring all the illegal parking as well.

Damm i missed u so :D:D:D
    I get u nxt time :pac::pac::pac:

Only messing :P:P:P:D:D:D:cool:

Kind of wondering what was going through the council and 2020 bid team when they organised a street festival for the 12th a random Tuesday in July that corresponds which is also the second day of the Galway Art Festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

With most of the activities taking place during regular work hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Kind of wondering what was going through the council and 2020 bid team when they organised a street festival for the 12th a random Tuesday in July that corresponds which is also the second day of the Galway Art Festival.

The glorious 12th!! Maybe they'll have an Orange Parade down O'Connell Street to finish outside the Belltable with Sheila Deegan giving yet another speech about how wonderful the journey has been. Cue the flash mob (you have to be under 35 to be in that though) and the 'wow factor' will go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

zulutango wrote: »
    The glorious 12th!! Maybe they'll have an Orange Parade down O'Connell Street

We def need a July bank holiday down here! Sure, a 3rd of our flag is orange anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I don't think it's a random Tuesday though. I heard it's being organised to coincide with a visit from the City of Culture selection committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where can i get a can of compressed air for cleaning a laptop? (city centre is best).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

phog wrote: »
    I don't think it's a random Tuesday though. I heard it's being organised to coincide with a visit from the City of Culture selection committee.

It's so they can tell the committee that Limerick is like this every Tuesday. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Parchment wrote: »
    Where can i get a can of compressed air for cleaning a laptop? (city centre is best).

MCS computers on Parnell Street is where I last got a can. Got a few funny looks when I tried hardware shops before I thought of them :D

Not sure if their open on Saturday though.

Dealz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Come here till i tell yis cousins....

is Lana in Castletroy the same as Lana in the southcourt complex???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yep the very same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep the very same

Sound out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I just realised that this threads birthday was a week ago 08-07-2010, 23:30 happy 6th Birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Probably a bit late for this (plus it's not in the city centre) but happened to see some in Mr. Price last night in Roxboro. 1.50e!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement