Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The only problem is that Irish people will cross where they want and in some cases mere feet away from an actual crossing point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Mc Love wrote: »
    The only problem is that Irish people will cross where they want and in some cases mere feet away from an actual crossing point

Nothing drives me craizer than this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

As cities across Europe and the world reduces the number of traffic lights Limerick adds more instead of adjusting the way people drive and around the city. Naked Streets in England 2010 Chigago 2015

I spend a lot of time in Europe and it is not just an Irish thing, but in Europe the cars drive slower in the cities and it is safe to cross as the cars aren't speeding to the next light and watch out for pedestrians.

I spend a lot of time in Europe and it is not just an Irish thing, but in Europe the cars drive slower in the cities and it is safe to cross as the cars aren't speeding to the next light and watch out for pedestrians.

Uk, France, Spain and Italy are not places I'd jaywalk.

• Advertisement

Uk, France, Spain and Italy are not places I'd jaywalk.

In Italy it's more like a jayrun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

As cities across Europe and the world reduces the number of traffic lights Limerick adds more instead of adjusting the way people drive and around the city. Naked Streets in England 2010 Chigago 2015

That's well and good as long as you don't have a clear distinction between the pedestrian and vehicle zones. If you do have that delineation, then you're giving carte blanche to vehicles to dominate the space at the expense of pedestrians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

The start of the two exterior lanes are blocked off by them with the Cecil St lane more or less entirely closed.

The lights are directly outside the hanging gardens/garda station.

I saw these last night and mentioned it in Twitter but looking at them again today they're probably just during the redevelopment of The Hanging Gardens.

There is zero requirement for them in the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

phog wrote:
    There is zero requirement for them in the long term.

With a few hundred people coming and going from the Hanging Gardens building once it's occupied there may well be a need for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    With a few hundred people coming and going from the Hanging Gardens building once it's occupied there may well be a need for them.

Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

When the Hanging Gardens development was being done back in 2008 or so, they installed lights there at the time too. I guess these are just for the duration of the construction.

That said, there should probably be pedestrian lights at least on every four-way junction in the city centre on a permanent basis, so long as there are high pedestrian and traffic volumes.

Ya saw them now they weren't there earlier on. Prob still not finished yet. Very temp looking job with the water filled bollards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Why? There's literally two sets of lights already within 100 feet of either side of the hanging gardens on that stretch of road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 seansullivan

THE Doors legend Jim Morrison 'faked his own death' and is living as an ageing homeless hippy in New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

THE Doors legend Jim Morrison 'faked his own death' and is living as an ageing homeless hippy in New York

This random waffle wins the thread. Congrats!

And Tupac Shakur lives with his Nana in Cuba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The king is alive! I been talkin to him on da CB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Michael Jackson is working in Disney land hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Where would the best place to get a suit in limerick for around 200? Was thinking of heading to Kildare village for one but would much rather go somewhere in town if there is a decent place quality and price wise

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

TheGunns wrote: »
    Where would the best place to get a suit in limerick for around 200? Was thinking of heading to Kildare village for one but would much rather go somewhere in town if there is a decent place quality and price wise

Thanks!

Any of the suit shops in town and the shopping centre really they all stock the same suits from what I've found. Make sure you know yourself how a suit should fit as a lot of them will try to sell you something too small or too big. If your willing to spend a bit more €259 check out suituspply.com the suits will be 100 times better than anything you'll get in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You should head to mike O'Connell menswear on Catherine Street in my.opinon. Buy a good suit and they'll help you to your budget.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Noel Andrews on Thomas St or Mike O'Connell on Catherine St should be able to sort you out.

Thanks!

Going suit shopping myself tomorrow. Look up Scanlans Menswear in Newcastle West. They have a decent offer. Gonna pop in there myself and have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I saw on Facebook that esquire menswear were selling off ex hire suits for a bargain. May or may not be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I saw on Facebook that esquire menswear were selling off ex hire suits for a bargain. May or may not be of interest.

+1 for Esquire. Nice range and very competitive prices of 3 piece suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was there anything on around town today, traffic was backed up from the revenue building up as far as Burger King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Price of petrol annoyed me there yesterday..

3 Topaz stations on the Dock road, the one closest to the city was 121.9, the next one was 124.9 and the Topaz at Casey's near Mary I was 123.9..Literally no more than a few hundred yards between them all

Go over the bridge and out towards the Ennis Road and its 127.9 out there

Not sure how they can justify it, crazy stuff

did you not go down to Tara Oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

kerryked wrote: »

Profit

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

kerryked wrote: »
    Price of petrol annoyed me there yesterday..

3 Topaz stations on the Dock road, the one closest to the city was 121.9, the next one was 124.9 and the Topaz at Casey's near Mary I was 123.9..Literally no more than a few hundred yards between them all

Go over the bridge and out towards the Ennis Road and its 127.9 out there

When they're all the same price some people complain about cosy cartels. Shop around, buy where you think you get best value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ate at the Hi-Way restaurant near the Regional a few months back after Munster's last game of the season vs Scarlets, first time going there and it's a great place for food.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement