Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ate at the Hi-Way restaurant near the Regional a few months back after Munster's last game of the season vs Scarlets, first time going there and it's a great place for food.

Whatcha have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Whatcha have?
    It was a fair bit ago now but I think it might have been cabbage and bacon for dinner but I distinctly remember the sticky toffee pudding dessert being unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone go to the Limerick Show this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any one know why bloodmill road is still blocked up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Any one know why bloodmill road is still blocked up ?

I just came here to ask the same question. It's becoming a bit of a pain. I hope to god they are completely laying a new surface up by the bottleneck because it's like a grouping of craters up there. :mad:

Found this. Seems it closed later than scheduled and was supposed to be closed for one month. Going by the last schedule I'd say closed for 2-3 more weeks.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/road-notices

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

edit:is there anywhere in the city i can park for free, 6hrs +??

*not going to make a habit of it, its just for one day, a weekday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

philstar wrote: »
    is there anywhere in the city i can park for free, 6hrs +??

*not going to make a habit of it, its just for one day

On a Sunday? Pretty much everywhere ...

On a Saturday, anywhere around Upper O'Connell Street is free.

During the week you've to head out of town a bit to a residential area for free parking probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

is there anywhere in the city i can park for free, 6hrs +??

*not going to make a habit of it, its just for one day

I'm fairly sure the parking on the Ennis road Just after the Maternity hospital(Caherdavin side) is free. You'd need to be there early though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

how about dunnes multicar park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

how about dunnes multicar park?

Gotta pay for that. The car park up in the train station is only 4euro and you can leave the car there for as long as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Saw that the deli in Spar out in Caherdavin was closed by the Food Safety Authority in August, never really out there but I would've thought Spar would have fairly high hygiene standards..

On a side note, for certain users on here, who may like to travel in search of an aul burrito (Yes, I am going there), Casa de Burritos in Ennis was also issue with a closure order. We don't know how lucky we have lads.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anybody know of any place in town that has a public fax machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Mod Note: Go the politics thread with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone know what the significance is of the building they left standing on Mulgrave Street where the new court house is going ? I see they have scaffolding around it now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone know what the significance is of the building they left standing on Mulgrave Street where the new court house is going ? I see they have scaffolding around it now .

The old gateways pyramid type building.is protected and will be incorporated into the new building.

steveon wrote: »
    The old gateways pyramid type building.is protected and will be incorporated into the new building.

Any idea why ? is it significant in some way that as a 50 year old Limerick man I should know about ( like a lot of other things I should know about , like ...my wife or what my kids are doing with their lives or what I had for dinner yesterday )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

jonski wrote: »
    Any idea why ? is it significant in some way that as a 50 year old Limerick man I should know about ( like a lot of other things I should know about , like ...my wife or what my kids are doing with their lives or what I had for dinner yesterday )

An article in the leader shows a picture I think its just and old gateway not sure what was there before costellos yard

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/129477/Limerick-set-to-get-new-criminal.html

With a Random Waffle thread truly do come Random Questions. :eek::D

You need a "release", you say? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Berty wrote: »
    With a Random Waffle thread truly do come Random Questions. :eek::D

You need a "release", you say? ;)

No time wasters please. I'm not in here for polite conversation, information is what is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

steveon wrote: »
    An article in the leader shows a picture I think its just and old gateway not sure what was there before costellos yard

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/129477/Limerick-set-to-get-new-criminal.html

I think it was the site of a British army artillery barracks, could be wrong about the corps, but definitely British army barracks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

source wrote: »
    I think it was the site of a British army artillery barracks, could be wrong about the corps, but definitely British army barracks anyway.

You are spot on, it was used to store weaponry...they used to train the horses for battlefields in the Markets field...not sure what that says about Garryowen!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

You are spot on, it was used to store weaponry...they used to train the horses for battlefields in the Markets field...not sure what that says about Garryowen!!!

Just found this. http://www.memorylanelimerick.com/p789927387/h3B33E90C

I found this since posting .
    Built in 1807, the remains of the gatehouse entrance to limericks ordnance barracks can still be seen on Mulgrave St. In use for over 200 years, the barracks held over 5000 "stands of arms" or a complete set of weapons per soldier. The officers quarters still survive, it is now known as the ordnance building of the Catholic Young Men's Association (CYMA) on upper William St. In 1922, 150 fresh national army re-enforcements arrived on Mulgrave street, opened fire and attacked the republican held barracks, the republicans set fire to the remainder of the building and fled. It is currently a construction site as there is a court house being built, there is only one building remaining from the original structure and that will be demolished in the coming weeks...

Does anyone know what the works are just the city side of Mungret?

h3000 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the works are just the city side of Mungret?

Must be some preparation for the schools to be built.
    Is there going to be a one way system around there, they seem to be removing turning lanes and extending footpaths / bike lanes.
    That roundabout at the top of fr Russell road looks like it could be epic. Looked like about 4 lanes going into it from fr Russell road when I saw it last.

Must be some preparation for the schools to be built.
    Is there going to be a one way system around there, they seem to be removing turning lanes and extending footpaths / bike lanes.
    That roundabout at the top of fr Russell road looks like it could be epic. Looked like about 4 lanes going into it from fr Russell road when I saw it last.

That could be it alright. They seem to have been there for ages. I haven't been through it in a while now. The last time I went through the roundabout it looked like they were extending the circumference of the island part of the roundabout and making the lanes smaller which of course makes loads of sense........to someone I suppose.

It did look like the driving part of the roundabout was being made smaller.

What intrigued me was there was an inner "orbit" with kerbing. Hard to describe but looked like something that could become a path or a cycle lane around the middle. Could have changed a lot since I saw it last though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

kerryked wrote: »
    Saw that the deli in Spar out in Caherdavin was closed by the Food Safety Authority in August, never really out there but I would've thought Spar would have fairly high hygiene standards..

I lived out of that deli when I was going to college in LIT :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Bloodmill Rd open again. A bit of widening done where the road narrows at Singland, but still a long narrow stretch between the widened section and the roundabout with the N24.

Surface needs work too.

• Advertisement

Drove the bloodmill road the day it opened inbound and it was grand. Drove it today inbound and it's in bits. Potholes still there on the inbound(original surface) side. All the chucked down gravel has been thrown off.

Gravel is the new fashion. Cappamore road dumped with gravel, R503 Newport, Bog road and two others side roads off R503. Just let us drive over it, fling stones everywhere. Who knows when they'll be back to finish it. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement