Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, looking to get a taxi from the crescent to the dock road tomorrow. Could any of ye PM some on please?

Lads, looking to get a taxi from the crescent to the dock road tomorrow. Could any of ye PM some on please?

The shopping centre yes? 061313131 is fixed price. 061414141 is set price. 061444444 is tower. Many more options too. You'll flag one down handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yeah the shopping centre. Could I just get a number from the information centre?

Yeah the shopping centre. Could I just get a number from the information centre?

Suppose you could. You're not going far though. You'll flag one handy enough at the bus stop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anywhere in town/shopping centres selling hoover bags? My housemates haven't been able to find them anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

An File wrote: »
    Anywhere in town/shopping centres selling hoover bags? My housemates haven't been able to find them anywhere.

That's what they told you :pac:

There's a hoover shop on Henry Street opposite the Franciscans so maybe they'd have them. Or maybe somewhere like Jack Fitzgeralds would have them for the hoovers they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Dont Tesco do hoover bags ?? i thought i saw them before own brand ones.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dont Tesco do hoover bags ?? i thought i saw them before own brand ones.

The girls said they searched Tesco. Wouldn't know whether to believe them or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I've gotten hoover bags in Co-op in raheen.

I'd ring them first before traveling out as it was a good while ago and don't know if they still do them.

An File wrote: »
    The girls said they searched Tesco. Wouldn't know whether to believe them or not!

Check Argos too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Most of the places that sell vacuum cleaners sell bags of the brands the stock too. Soundstore Curry's ect

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

zulutango wrote: »
    There's a hoover shop on Henry Street opposite the Franciscans so maybe they'd have them. Or maybe somewhere like Jack Fitzgeralds would have them for the hoovers they sell.

Got 'em in the shop on Henry Street. :) Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm always amazed at how that hoover shop on Henry street is still open. How many vacuuming needs does one small city have :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

panda100 wrote: »
    I'm always amazed at how that hoover shop on Henry street is still open. How many vacuuming needs does one small city have :pac:

Think they do repairs as well as selling vacuum stuff. Does that place sell lights as well because I think I passed once and they had a load of lights and lamps or just could be a very well lit shop haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Must be some preparation for the schools to be built.
    Is there going to be a one way system around there, they seem to be removing turning lanes and extending footpaths / bike lanes.
    That roundabout at the top of fr Russell road looks like it could be epic. Looked like about 4 lanes going into it from fr Russell road when I saw it last.

i dont understand why they needed to do anything with that roundabout
    it was already crazy around there in the mornings.

guy i work with seems to think that its part of a plan to get more people using the tunnel by making the road tighter slowing traffic even more then it already is

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i dont understand why they needed to do anything with that roundabout
    it was already crazy around there in the mornings.

guy i work with seems to think that its part of a plan to get more people using the tunnel by making the road tighter slowing traffic even more then it already is

what i was told was they were adjusting the angle of it so u have to stop if u are coming down from fr Russell rd because people were just putting down the boot & keeping going straight ahead (if u know what i mean). that stops it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

what i was told was they were adjusting the angle of it so u have to stop if u are coming down from fr Russell rd because people were just putting down the boot & keeping going straight ahead (if u know what i mean). that stops it now.

There are new roads been built around Mungret Collage and the roundabout needs to be upgraded to take the additional road that will be joining it. I found the below article which includes a map of the roads, not sure if this is the final plan.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/news/146153/Warning-of-traffic--mayhem-.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Anyone go to the Diecast Model show in the South Court today. I think it was another well put together event with good displays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Hi guys, can I ask ye does the 304 in Limerick City still go to Punches Cross or near it? I've tried to look up the timetable but it is proving a little difficult. Can any else tell me where the 304 stops in Limerick city and how frequently does the 304 run on a Saturday & Sunday? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hi guys, can I ask ye does the 304 in Limerick City still go to Punches Cross or near it? I've tried to look up the timetable but it is proving a little difficult. Can any else tell me where the 304 stops in Limerick city and how frequently does the 304 run on a Saturday & Sunday? Thanks!

It will drop you off right outside Punches pub/hotel (closed) itself at either side of the road depending what way you're going

Coming from Punches in to town it will drop you at the monument on O'Connell Ave or at Debenhams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Can anyone recommend a quietish pub that is accessible/wheelchair friendly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

It will drop you off right outside Punches pub/hotel (closed) itself at either side of the road depending what way you're going

Coming from Punches in to town it will drop you at the monument on O'Connell Ave or at Debenhams
    Thank you! You wouldn't happen to know the frequency on Saturday/Sunday by any chance? It's been a while since I used the city buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Drivers who knowingly use the wrong lane p!ss me off.

Going towards the Parkway roundabout from UL direction, people will use the lane that's clearly marked Parkway only, and will then go past the Parkway exit to use the exit heading towards town.

Or on the Childers road, drivers will use the left lane (only for left turns onto Bloodmill road) and will then just go straight at that junction, staying in that lane for going into the shopping centre.

W@nkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Anyone else in the dark? Major power outage on South Circular Rd....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

moby2101 wrote: »
    Anyone else in the dark? Major power outage on South Circular Rd....

We're just back now, it was out for the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

source wrote: »
    We're just back now, it was out for the last hour.

Wonder what caused that, high wind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Wonder what caused that, high wind?

No idea, weather in the area was fine, New Street was still all lit up and further down Courtbrack Ave was lit up, just the part in between was blown.

Thankfully it was only an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

osarusan wrote: »

I love those drivers because I just, indicate and take the legal lane position, and frighten the fvck out of them. Same with sheeple who go into inner orbital lane on a roundabout taking the 12 o'clock/2nd exit because the car in front of them is in that lane(taking different exit). I pass them on the left and often they get caught and have to go around again. It always seems to be the Johnson&Johnson roundabout(monaleen) and Kilmurray roundabout for some reason.

osarusan wrote: »

Going towards the Parkway roundabout from UL direction, people will use the lane that's clearly marked Parkway only, and will then go past the Parkway exit to use the exit heading towards town.

Or on the Childers road, drivers will use the left lane (only for left turns onto Bloodmill road) and will then just go straight at that junction, staying in that lane for going into the shopping centre.

W@nkers.
    That parkway roundabout is a **** up poorly designed. all u need is one car to park in the yellow box & the whole roundabout is fecked up.. people crisscrossing to get around him then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

I think most of those people haven't a clue which lane to use at the Parkway. Its a disaster and the pedestrian crossings are lethal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement