Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I was thinking that but then I noticed there was a green man on so they must have been heading to lunch

I'd say you might be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Primal Scream playing Milk Market Tuesday November 29th tickets onsale this Friday €35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Exeggcute wrote:
    Primal Scream playing Milk Market Tuesday November 29th tickets onsale this Friday €35

Oooh exciting! Looking forward to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What pubs in town would be good for watching the Soccer tonight (Ireland v Georgia)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The scare factory is going to be in King John's castle this year might pop in

• Advertisement

What pubs in town would be good for watching the Soccer tonight (Ireland v Georgia)?

Still House usually shows all the matches and you often get a good crowd in there.

Still House usually shows all the matches and you often get a good crowd in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

dunworth1 wrote: »
    The scare factory is going to be in King John's castle this year might pop in

I wonder if there is any hope of them doing a Christmas thing again this year. Enchanted last year was genuinely wonderful and they had to add extra dates because it sold out early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Can anyone tell me if the park of the banks out by UL that was blocked off has been re-opened?

Last time i walked out i intended to walk to UL and then back on the banks to come out near the Absolute Hotel but there was a section of the bank near UL rowing club closed off for some kind of construction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Parchment wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the park of the banks out by UL that was blocked off has been re-opened?

Last time i walked out i intended to walk to UL and then back on the banks to come out near the Absolute Hotel but there was a section of the bank near UL rowing club closed off for some kind of construction.

Another month or so apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It hasn't re-opened but the work is very nearly done. I went for a run down that way the other evening, and hopped the fence and ran along the towpath as far as UL. I'd say there's a few weeks left in the job, at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

zulutango wrote: »
    It hasn't re-opened but the work is very nearly done. I went for a run down that way the other evening, and hopped the fence and ran along the towpath as far as UL. I'd say there's a few weeks left in the job, at most.

Ok - thanks for that. Im not as rebellious as you so ill find another route for the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

zulutango wrote: »

That said, I live quite close to there and often walked along it for the first 7 months or so that it was closed off and fuçk all was done until the start of the summer. So when it could reopen due to the amount of work needing finishing and when it actually will reopen aren't necessarily the same thing.

It's been shut for about a year now and it was mostly unnecessary. Even once work did actually commence it should have been done in stages as it's local amenity as well as just a travel path. There was no need to have it all shut down for the majority of the time it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw tweets from two different accounts today which gave me the understanding that the path is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭luosymnisiAZIBI

Hello wafflers, can anyone tell me, if you're looking for a gaff in limerick and you've checked out daft are there any other options? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hello wafflers, can anyone tell me, if you're looking for a gaff in limerick and you've checked out daft are there any other options? :)

The limerick post normally has an accommodation section in the classifieds

Anyone know where I might find an A/V cable for a Sega Megadrive in town? My old sega from 1996 has made it back to me today after 15+ years and nostalgia is getting the better of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

13 River Front, Howley's Quay Limerick,
    Co Limerick.
    The one with the theory test centre,the building beside small claws
    Does anyone know what order the letter boxes go, they are all underneath& across each other with keys couldnt see any numbers. so was just wondering.if anyone knows tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Anyone know where I might find an A/V cable for a Sega Megadrive in town? My old sega from 1996 has made it back to me today after 15+ years and nostalgia is getting the better of me :D

Did you try Maplin on Childers rd ?

Did you try Maplin on Childers rd ?

No and to be honest I don't think them or anyone would stock it. It's an unusual odd type connection. Was hoping to pick one up today (lack of paitence) but ordered one just now off eBay. Should have it Friday.

• Advertisement

No and to be honest I don't think them or anyone would stock it. It's an unusual odd type connection. Was hoping to pick one up today (lack of paitence) but ordered one just now off eBay. Should have it Friday.

And it arrived. Sega works a treat. Yay! Now, anyone know anywhere I can pick up a few more games for it? Anyone in the market selling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

And it arrived. Sega works a treat. Yay! Now, anyone know anywhere I can pick up a few more games for it? Anyone in the market selling them?

Try CeX

Try CeX

I thought there stuff was all fairly modern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I thought there stuff was all fairly modern

I saw sega games in one of their other shops recently.

I saw sega games in one of their other shops recently.

Worth a shot. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tonight on RTE One at 20:30

Engineer Tim Joyce visits the Ardnacrusha power station to explore the innovative engineering that made it the biggest hydroelectric project in the world when it opened in 1929

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

phog wrote: »
    Tonight on RTE One at 20:30

Engineer Tim Joyce visits the Ardnacrusha power station to explore the innovative engineering that made it the biggest hydroelectric project in the world when it opened in 1929

The story of Ardnacrusha is fascinating, and goes beyond the engineering.

It was an environmental calamity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

calamity? in what way? the flooding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Closest bus stop to Thomond Park? Would like to pay my respects to Anthony Foley after work tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Closest bus stop to Thomond Park? Would like to pay my respects to Anthony Foley after work tomorrow.

theres a bus stop across the road (just after hassetts cross) the caherdavin bus will drop you off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement