Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

dunworth1 wrote: »
    theres a bus stop across the road (just after hassetts cross) the caherdavin bus will drop you off
    I'm sorry my knowledge of buses, their schedules and Limerick city itself is woeful. I'm getting the bus from Adare so just ask for Hassett's cross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'm sorry my knowledge of buses, their schedules and Limerick city itself is woeful. I'm getting the bus from Adare so just ask for Hassett's cross?

The bus from Adare would probably drop you to the bus station in Limerick. From there I think you'd probably have to walk to the new dunnes on Henry St and one of the buses down there would drop you off outside TP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Some will have seen them new yellow boxes on the Newport road roundabout.

On Saturday there was a guy from the traffic management company fiddling with the Annacotty junction lights and today, conspiracy theorists unite, those yellow boxes have cameras on them.

Temporary cameras so I don't know if they're there to check for peoples ability not to block them.

As a daily user I can tell you people aren't respecting the yellow boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    Some will have seen them new yellow boxes on the Newport road roundabout.

On Saturday there was a guy from the traffic management company fiddling with the Annacotty junction lights and today, conspiracy theorists unite, those yellow boxes have cameras on them.

Temporary cameras so I don't know if they're there to check for peoples ability not to block them.

As a daily user I can tell you people aren't respecting the yellow boxes.

Someone obviously putting pressure on cllr's to improve the traffic situation. Could have all been solved if they had put a roundabout there in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Someone obviously putting pressure on cllr's to improve the traffic situation. Could have all been solved if they had put a roundabout there in the first place!

Or a monorail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

Hi, does anyone know of any good language classes for children in Limerick? Looking for one for a four year old. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Is Vodafone broadband down for anyone else tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Exeggcute wrote: »

Eircom/meteor is ducked too

Eircom/meteor is ducked too

Mobile bb like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

My mobile and house are slow as feic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Exeggcute wrote: »
    no problems here / dooradoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Thank fùck for that, I was wondering what was going on. At least it's not just me. With eir.

no problems here / dooradoyle

I'm on the same side of the city and I have Vodafone mobile it no eircom/meteor mobile hot spot.

The one night I wanted to install a smart thermostat I have no Internet. Awesome.

Contemplated watching some RTE but paired my socks instead. Phew thank god for socks!

source wrote: »
    Thank fùck for that, I was wondering what was going on. At least it's not just me. With eir.

Irish outages.com showing a lot of issues all over for eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

With eir in the city and its slow aa feck this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

panda100 wrote: »
    With eir in the city and its slow aa feck this evening

I'm with sky, but eircom phone line, and it's been down all evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Apparently a major caable between Limerick and Portlaoise has been damaged:(
    Hopefully they will have it fixed soon.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Irish outages.com showing a lot of issues all over for eir.

In castletroy here and have to use a hotspot, my digiweb is down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

h3000 wrote: »
    Apparently a major caable between Limerick and Portlaoise has been damaged:(
    Hopefully they will have it fixed soon.
    Where did you hear about that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

People taking videos and photos of Anthony foleys coffin awful please show show respect

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    People taking videos and photos of Anthony foleys coffin awful please show show respect

The respect the people of Limerick and Munster have shown tonight cannot be topped. Incredible and emotional scenes.

The respect the people of Limerick and Munster have shown tonight cannot be topped. Incredible and emotional scenes.

I agree but no need videos and photos of a funeral

I agree but no need videos and photos of a funeral

Read the news. Anthony Foleys funeral is on Friday. Reposing tomorrow.

Today he was welcomed home off Ryanair flight FR 8 for one last time by the people who respected and loved him. He was given one last trip to Thomond and St Munchins. He was greeted to a heroes homecoming and was bade farewell as the legend he was by hundreds if not thousands of friends and fans within minutes. Limerick city came to a stand still.

Plenty of fans around the globe would have given up their first born to be in Limerick this week but they can't so they feel some bit involved with these photos and videos that are available to them. I was lucky enough to salute the cortege further out the road but would have killed to be outside Thomond with everyone else. What I did see was on some randomers live FB feed and RTEs coverage. It was painful to watch but still wonderful and made me an even prouder Munster man. Huge respect to Shannon RFC also from a cookie.

I don't think you understand the significance of this event bigpink.

Hopfully the media circus and frenzy is over to let the family mourn a sad death.

Hopfully the media circus and frenzy is over to let the family mourn a sad death.

They haven't gone near the family

They haven't gone near the family

I meant the wall to wall.coverage and all the stuff on social media
    It should be quiet family time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There are lots of people grieving, some can't be in Limerick and appreciate seeing the tributes paid to Axel outside Thomond Park and IIP.

There is no one missing Axel more than his family but I'm sure sometime in the future they'll get some consolation from seeing those images and clips.

It's a huge news and public interest story, the next few days it will still be covered. I'm sensing no love lost for him or the story?? That's fine too, but he meant a lot to a hell of a lot of people both locally, nationally and internationally and he was one of our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

damienirel wrote: »
    Where did you hear about that?

A friend who owns an IT support company heard it. He wasn't 100% sure how true it was though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Over on the broadband forum - someone said it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement