Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

h3000 wrote: »
    A friend who owns an IT support company heard it. He wasn't 100% sure how true it was though.
    Just spotted this update from Eir. Turns out it was true
    https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/nationwide-broadband-outage-20102016-282423

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

A friend who owns an IT support company heard it. He wasn't 100% sure how true it was though.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Over on the broadband forum - someone said it too.

Bit of a joke that we're left with chinese whispers and reading tea leaves to divine the source of the issue.

Yeah, it does feel a bit wrong to be complaining about this with the other thread of conversation here at the moment. :(

LOL

The community.eir.ie page isn’t working

community.eir.ie took too long to respond.
    HTTP ERROR 504

LOL

The community.eir.ie page isn’t working

community.eir.ie took too long to respond.
    HTTP ERROR 504

Lol
    https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/nationwide-broadband-outage-20102016-282423
    Eir wrote:
    To our customers

We experienced an overnight nationwide outage that impacted our broadband customers from approximately 20:30pm to 5:00am.

The issue was caused by a break in cable and has since been resolved.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, we would recommend powering your modem off for a couple of minutes and back on again.

You can do this by the power button or by plugging the modem out and back in.

If you have any queries on this, or any other issue please feel free to post us here or contact us on Twitter @eircare. You can also chat with one of our online chat agents via Web Chat

Thank you for your patience during this time and sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

eir care

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

So is everyone's internet back to normal? Mine was shocking last night in Castletroy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Harambe wrote: »
    So is everyone's internet back to normal? Mine was shocking last night in Castletroy.
    Yes, the issue was resolved for 5am last night. Confirmed by eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Mine is still shagged.

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Mine is still shagged.

Flying here. Have you tried... turning it off them on again? At the risk of sounding patronising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Flying here. Have you tried... turning it off them on again? At the risk of sounding patronising!

Yeah multiple times. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Yeah multiple times. :(

Mine is back to normal here too out in East Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    It's a huge news and public interest story, the next few days it will still be covered. I'm sensing no love lost for him or the story?? That's fine too, but he meant a lot to a hell of a lot of people both locally, nationally and internationally and he was one of our own.

Got me wrong.
    Come from a big sports household
    The drive by Thomond wasnt a accounced event it was ogranised quietly
    All the idiots taking photos and videos.
    Also a few professional photographers taking shots to gets likes and traffic to there sites
    RIP to Anthony Foley and feel for his family etc

Public interest yes
    The news was broken huge shock etc
    But no need for the media to be present today

You seem to have a very low opinion of the fans. His (Axels) boys have an option to look back on this in the future and see how much their father meant to the people of Munster and Ireland. That's all thanks to these "idiots" with their camera and the media who are doing a bang up job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

There's no getting away from how immensely loved and respected he was to people in Limerick and Munster, so I've no doubt most of the grief and sorrow is very genuine. As with the tragic death of any famous person, though, there are plenty of people jumping on to it for attention and self-validation, proclaiming how much Foley meant to them, etc. They are fairly obvious and best ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bigpink wrote: »
    Got me wrong.
    Come from a big sports household
    The drive by Thomond wasnt a accounced event it was ogranised quietly
    All the idiots taking photos and videos.
    Also a few professional photographers taking shots to gets likes and traffic to there sites
    RIP to Anthony Foley and feel for his family etc

I wouldnt call people idiots for trying to record one of the biggest shocks in world rugby and one of the saddest occasions. It's not like they are going to be around showing the photos to people etc. Its mostly for the people that cant make it home to Limerick/Ireland. They are also sharing coverage with the world to show how much he meant to us.

Of course there are one or two websites that I know of, that will benefit by hosting videos and printing stories that are nothing more than clickbait, but such is life and such is business. I try my best not to click on those websites.

One site (Three Red Kings) in particular actually printed off lapel badges to be distributed to fans on Saturday in memory of Axel after making money from the traffic that visited their site and I commend them for that!

I assume after the weekend, the family will get to grieve privately but they are obviously very kind for letting the public grieve with them by allowing them pay their respects for more than 8 hours yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bigpink wrote:
    Got me wrong. Come from a big sports household The drive by Thomond wasnt a accounced event it was ogranised quietly All the idiots taking photos and videos. Also a few professional photographers taking shots to gets likes and traffic to there sites RIP to Anthony Foley and feel for his family etc

I was there at Thomond Park on Wednesday and it was not how you described at all. I am not a rugby fan but have family involved with the team and wanted to pay my respects. The media were completely respectful and didn't go anywhere near the family. Likewise, to those filming from the crowd. I can understand why they did it. It was a moment that many didn't want to forget. They were saying goodbye to one of their hero's, a man who has given Munster so many joys throughout the years. I left and phoned everyone that is special to me in my life.

Never said the media went near the family.
    There was no need of the coverage of the funeral yesterday and today on rte limerick leader.No problem breaking the sad news but we didnt need pictures or video of today or the wifes words
    The fans had the walk past and he match tomorrrow
    Sad and private day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    There was no need of the coverage of the funeral yesterday and today on rte limerick leader.

Should we not have any coverage of any famous person's death then? It's a big deal for a small sport loving country and I think people are entitled to see such an event. I'm perplexed as to why you find the coverage so intrusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Should we not have any coverage of any famous person's death then? It's a big deal for a small sport loving country and I think people are entitled to see such an event. I'm perplexed as to why you find the coverage so intrusive.

His death so emotive and local that people feel for the family and as he is such an icon people feel uncomfortable with the sense of familiarity at such a time. Of course it should be recorded for posterity and the rest of the country should be able to see the funeral and the support it received and the respect and sympathy for the Family and team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

what's Mother Macs like?

• Advertisement

Yes coverage of the news that he died.You agree with media recording and taking pictures of a funeral and its mourners?
    People are "entitled" to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

The fecking New Dunnes Store/ Childers road retail park is a joke all the traffic backed up till near the Roxboro roundabout. Cant wait xmas is over,.hahaha

The fecking New Dunnes Store/ Childers road retail park is a joke all the traffic backed up till near the Roxboro roundabout. Cant wait xmas is over,.hahaha

I don't know what was going through the head of whoever designed the car park of that place. I actually sulk like a bold child whenever I have to go out there.

I don't know what was going through the head of whoever designed the car park of that place. I actually sulk like a bold child whenever I have to go out there.

The car park is pretty badly laid out but I think the location is the main problem with that while park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's been awful ever since the Range opened up and will just get worse and worse for the next two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

what's Mother Macs like?

It's a great spot. Probably one of my favourite spots for a pint in the city. Lots of seats and cosy corners, with a nice mix of people. It has a real casual vibe and they do great spread of craft beer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

iguana wrote: »
    It's been awful ever since the Range opened up and will just get worse and worse for the next two months.

Still haven't been to The Range. How's it doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Still haven't been to The Range. How's it doing?

If the traffic is anything to go by, they must be doing fantastically. The shop is like a mix of Homestore and More, a toy shop, a really nice poundshop and Superdrug. When they opened first they were selling own-brand over the counter medicines at UK prices but they must have been stopped from doing so, as they never stocked them again. They have an enormous Christmas section at the moment, which has been up an running for the best part of a month already. Last month I saw people buying trolly loads of Christmas stuff there. Some of the stuff is good value, some of it is very expensive. A lot of the toys they stock are cheaper nextdoor in Smyths (and Smyths that isn't cheap for toys). But I have gotten some nice stuff, their party range is very good and there are lots of really nice stocking-filler type items.

But it's going to be mayhem on and around Childers Road for the next couple of months. Between their Christmas stuff and the crowds that have been in Smyths for the last two weekends, along with Heatons, Maplins, Dunnes and Argos (who all do massive Christmas business) its going to be insane. It's always really bad from Nov 1 onwards, but since the Range opened, it's been nearly that bad anyway. With the two combined I recommend cycling. The 304 bus will probably be a disaster too, as from Ballysimon Rd to the Parkway roundabout, the buses stuck in that traffic and the schedules will be more irrelevant than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

panda100 wrote:
    It's a great spot. Probably one of my favourite spots for a pint in the city. Lots of seats and cosy corners, with a nice mix of people. It has a real casual vibe and they do great spread of craft beer too.

Gotta second that. Really enjoy going there. The seats by the windows are class. Can't think of any other pub in the city that are as good for watching the world go by, while remaining indoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

iguana wrote: »
    If the traffic is anything to go by, they must be doing fantastically. The shop is like a mix of Homestore and More, a toy shop, a really nice poundshop and Superdrug. When they opened first they were selling own-brand over the counter medicines at UK prices but they must have been stopped from doing so, as they never stocked them again. They have an enormous Christmas section at the moment, which has been up an running for the best part of a month already. Last month I saw people buying trolly loads of Christmas stuff there. Some of the stuff is good value, some of it is very expensive. A lot of the toys they stock are cheaper nextdoor in Smyths (and Smyths that isn't cheap for toys). But I have gotten some nice stuff, their party range is very good and there are lots of really nice stocking-filler type items.

But it's going to be mayhem on and around Childers Road for the next couple of months. Between their Christmas stuff and the crowds that have been in Smyths for the last two weekends, along with Heatons, Maplins, Dunnes and Argos (who all do massive Christmas business) its going to be insane. It's always really bad from Nov 1 onwards, but since the Range opened, it's been nearly that bad anyway. With the two combined I recommend cycling. The 304 bus will probably be a disaster too, as from Ballysimon Rd to the Parkway roundabout, the buses stuck in that traffic and the schedules will be more irrelevant than ever.

Maybe not ideal for all shopping but I sometimes park in Norwood Pk by the school and walk across the road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement