Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Cash and carry? I saw some type of "blue roll" on sale in Co-op superstore raheen but not sure if you'd describe it as tougher.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mr Price usually have it, behind Tesco Roxboro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Parchment wrote: »
    Has anyone seen those large rolls of blue tissue for sale anywhere, preferably in a large pack of 6 or more?

They are the tougher tissue for use in garages etc.

Try a Co-op or a DIY store like Barry's or Woodies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Parchment wrote: »
    Has anyone seen those large rolls of blue tissue for sale anywhere, preferably in a large pack of 6 or more?

They are the tougher tissue for use in garages etc.

The EMO petrol station on the Dublin road used to have them before, I remember some shop on Wickham St sold them before and I know for definite that Musgraves have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Advertisement

Is that a flip phone?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I thought the light switch on yesterday was done really well. Holding it on O'Connell St made much more sense as you could actually see the lights as they came on and it wasn't an awful crush like it is on Bedford Row. The snow machines made it seem really special for the kids and the fireworks were a great surprise at the end.

I went in two years ago and it was a miserable experience. It's great to see that sometimes the council can learn from their mistakes and make such a vast improvement to an event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

iguana wrote: »
    I thought the light switch on yesterday was done really well. Holding it on O'Connell St made much more sense as you could actually see the lights as they came on and it wasn't an awful crush like it is on Bedford Row. The snow machines made it seem really special for the kids and the fireworks were a great surprise at the end.

I went in two years ago and it was a miserable experience. It's great to see that sometimes the council can learn from their mistakes and make such a vast improvement to an event.

It was very well done. The singers were excellent and the fireworks at the end were a lovely touch. I think they got Grooveyard events in to do it this year not sure if they were in charge of it previous years as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Parchment wrote:

Second hand clothing store on Wickham St.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Big ugly metal stall gone into the urban garden

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote:
    Big ugly metal stall gone into the urban garden

Which urban garden is this? The real one on Thomas street or the fast food outlet urban 'garden'on O'Connell Street?
    Was chatting to someone last week whom was involved in setting up the one on Thomas Street. Apparently, it's being built on :(

O connell st.
    Ugly looking metal stall
    At least the wooden huts could look nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

panda100 wrote: »
    Which urban garden is this? The real one on Thomas street or the fast food outlet urban 'garden'on O'Connell Street?
    Was chatting to someone last week whom was involved in setting up the one on Thomas Street. Apparently, it's being built on :(

There's planning permission in for a two storey building there. The garden there was one of the real gems of the City of Culture projects.

Pity but must be private land.What was there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »
    Pity but must be private land.What was there?

It's owned by Finucane's Electrical as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

black friday tomorrow anything going down in Limerick??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

fryup wrote: »
    black friday tomorrow anything going down in Limerick??

some great deals going in Future sound and vision loads of tvs and stuff on sale as well as in their music department definitely worth a look. Harvey Norman have increased a lot of prices so check behind the black Friday sale price if interested in anything to see the real befoee price lots of videos out there showing some of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

€10,000 for ‘accident-prone man’ in ninth personal injury claim (Irish Times)

A most “unfortunate, accident-prone man” has secured a €10,000 settlement with legal costs in his ninth personal injury claim before Limerick Circuit Court.

Father-of-two, Anthony Lynch (38), of Dromroe, Rhebogue, claimed general damages as a result of a road traffic incident near Thomond Bridge on March 26th last year.

He told Judge James O’Donohue that while he was stopped at a junction in his work van, a car “came out of nowhere” and hit his vehicle from behind, resulting in a “significant impact”.

His van was written off in the incident. When he phoned his boss, he was told to stay in the van. The other driver sped off from the scene, mounting the kerb and hitting the wall of Thomond Bridge as he left.

Mr Lynch was on disability benefit for an earlier back injury and was only allowed to work for a limited number of hours. He went to his GP the following day and had to endure six months of neck, shoulder and lower back pain.

There were also “psychological issues” and he was still receiving pain management injections.

During cross-examination by counsel for Liberty Insurance, Emmett O’Brien BL, the court heard details of Mr Lynch’s eight previous claims spanning 15 years.

Bed collapsed

He suffered an injury to his back as a result of a bed collapsing under him in January of last year, but no legal proceedings arose out that incident.

References were made to an incident where Mr Lynch swallowed a chicken bone while eating a chicken nugget.

Previously, the court heard Mr Lynch secured damages after a “trip and fall accident” on August 13th, 2013, where he successfully sued Eircom and was awarded €12,000 plus legal costs.

In January 2013, he sued Silvercrest Foods and was awarded €7,500 after he claimed he ate horse meat on the day the related scandal broke in Ireland.

In December 2010, he sued a woman with whom he was involved in a road traffic incident. Mr Lynch was awarded €20,000 plus legal costs.

In July 2010, he also initiated proceedings against Homebase House and Garden Centre Limerick after an incident involving a defective toilet seat. He was awarded €20,000.

Noxious fumes

In 2008, he sued Limerick City Council in a case where he claimed he was exposed to noxious fumes. Mr Lynch was awarded €13,000 plus his legal costs.

An accident at work led Mr Lynch to sue Limerick Bread Company and subsequently he was awarded €11,000 plus his legal costs.

In January 2001 he was involved in a road traffic incident and a lawsuit resulted in him being awarded €14,000 plus the costs of his legal team.

In March 1998, a case was also initiated by Mr Lynch and he was awarded £6,000 plus legal costs over a road traffic incident.

He was also involved in an accident in 1996 but the matter did not proceed before court.

Mr O’Brien put it to him that he had five previous cases relating to injuries suffered to his to shoulder, neck and lower back, and those incidents exacerbated his injuries on each occasion.

In his ruling, Judge O’Donohue said that Mr Lynch was a “very unfortunate, accident-prone individual”.

“He has been well compensated in the past”, Judge O’Donohue added as he awarded Mr Lynch €10,000 and legal costs.

I could not shorten the article as it would diminish its farcical impact. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Careful now, Mr Lynch might initiate proceedings claiming slander and defamation of character..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Awarded over 100 grand for accidents.

How awful for him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

In July 2010, he also initiated proceedings against Homebase House and Garden Centre Limerick after an incident involving a defective toilet seat. He was awarded €20,000.

wtf??

a seat he bought? or a seat in the store toilet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

He should change his name to Frank Drebin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Exeggcute wrote: »
    He should change his name to Frank Drebin

Frank Spencer more like!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is there any good viewpoint where you can see most of the city from the top of Woodcock Hill at night? Without getting out of the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

marno21 wrote: »
    Is there any good viewpoint where you can see most of the city from the top of Woodcock Hill at night? Without getting out of the car?

Golfball?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I don't think you can drive up as far as the golf ball though, I think you've to walk the last couple of hundred metres and the drive up overlooks Shannon. Been a while since I've been there though so could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

marno21 wrote: »

Makeout Point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I don't think you can drive up as far as the golf ball though, I think you've to walk the last couple of hundred metres and the drive up overlooks Shannon. Been a while since I've been there though so could be wrong.

You're correct, can only drive up as far as the entrance for the golfball, you have to walk the last 100 metres or so and even then, you gotta walk passed the golfball into a field area to see the city properly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Be careful parking up there too. I managed to get the car stuck in the mud up there a few years back! :O I only got out because a few local lads wedged some rocks under the tyres for traction.

• Advertisement

Treepole wrote: »
    Makeout Point

There's a makeout point in Limerick???? More information required please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement