Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    There's a makeout point in Limerick???? More information required please!

Shhh! Say nothing! It's actually in County Clare. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

An File wrote: »
    Shhh! Say nothing! It's actually in County Clare. ;)

i wouldnt be bringing anyone to that area. isnt that cratloe woods sure. where the bad crime incident happened. be running a mile

i wouldnt be bringing anyone to that area. isnt that cratloe woods sure. where the bad crime incident happened. be running a mile

That happened a very long time ago and I'd like to think it was a one off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great spot for a run too, now that you mention it. I had a great route of just over 13k with the golf ball around the 9k mark.

Moving on, could anyone recommend a barber who's happy to work with guys who have long hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the milk market like this xmas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

fryup wrote: »

Cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fryup wrote:

Depends what day you go there. They had an evening local food event there last week which was lovely.Fridays are always very, very quiet.

I did a stall there the Saturday before last and we sold out of everything by 11am! Its very busy down there on Saturdays and if you want to get a certain product than you really need to be in before 9am. I went down last Saturday at around 12pm, it was jammers and they had sold out of the bread and cakes I usually get. I say this Saturday will be mobbed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its a pity they cant get it going on sundays

bigpink wrote:
    Its a pity they cant get it going on sundays

A good few of the cafes there are open on a Sunday and I think they do yoga there then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

update: went to the milk market today around 2 ish...what a waste of time just a few stalls..more atmosphere at a morgue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Not much point in asking this but I'm assuming that there will be no fireworks display in town tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

iguana wrote: »
    Not much point in asking this but I'm assuming that there will be no fireworks display in town tomorrow night?

Nah, there never really is. Only ones I remember were 1999 and 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Does anyone know if the library in the granary is open tomorrow?

Have an exam next Saturday and tomorrow is the only time I have to spend a full day studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

I won't post this rubbish again.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Library isn't open tomorrow according to link below (tomorrow would be a public holiday in lieu of today being Sunday).

https://www.limerick.ie/council/christmas-opening-hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Library isn't open tomorrow according to link below (tomorrow would be a public holiday in lieu of today being Sunday).

Thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Isn't is strange that King John's Castle exterior is in no way lit at night?

Berty wrote:
    Isn't is strange that King John's Castle exterior is in no way lit at night?

Just after walking passed it and looked fairly well lit to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

panda100 wrote: »
    Just after walking passed it and looked fairly well lit to me

Inside or outside. It has been dark for the past few evenings. I passed around 6pm and only interior lights on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where can i recycle coloured glass? - not green/brown. I have other colours from bottles at xmas and want to recycle them - i can only see the green/brown bottle banks around the city.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Any Good to you??

http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/?page_id=40
    most of the ones are brown/amber.& blue /green ones.

On Another note Does anyone know when builders are back to work ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Any Good to you??

http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/?page_id=40
    most of the ones are brown/amber.& blue /green ones.

On Another note Does anyone know when builders are back to work ??

Today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Went to the library today to study. I discovered on arrival that they no longer have any study areas. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Went to the library today to study to find out that they no longer have any study areas. :mad:

Thats crazy whats there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Watchouse cross still has study areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Dooradoyle has study areas, but to be honest anytime I've been in there (not studying, just printing something off or getting books) it always seems to be very noisy. Lots of kids in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

So many of those Prisma Teknik boxes for activating green pedestrian lights are broken round the place. They are either just dead or beeping away but not stopping traffic at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

osarusan wrote: »
    So many of those Prisma Teknik boxes for activating green pedestrian lights are broken round the place. They are either just dead or beeping away but not stopping traffic at all.

where? a lot of them are now linked to a sensor so you have to be standing underneath for them to stay active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Can't remember which one it was today...maybe the one at the junction where Broad street becomes Mary street.

Pressed it on arrival, one road of traffic eventually comes to a stop, the other way starts and stops, then the first one starts again...while the box is lit and beeping away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement