Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Ah, cool. Looks like I won't be joining ye, unfortunately! I might come along and watch that night, if the doors are open.

Closed door grading lad....

why wouldnt you grade?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Closed door grading lad....

why wouldnt you grade?

I just hadn't the work done from a fitness point of view, and with the Masters I don't have time to drill everything on the syllabus. One or two private sessions might have fixed that, but I don't think Mike does those.
    Shame he's closing the doors for the grading! I'm sure he's doing it for a good reason though.

ah im sure youd get in.... he's only grading four of us so im only assuming its closed doors...

the stuff isnt that bad now...once you drill them a few times...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ah im sure youd get in.... he's only grading four of us so im only assuming its closed doors...

the stuff isnt that bad now...once you drill them a few times...

If I wasn't running off to hide in the Gaeltacht this weekend I'd try to find someone to drill with me, but that's not to be! Ah well. I'll be back next year, refreshed and enthusiastic again.

And hopefully remembering how to break-fall properly... >_>

And hopefully remembering how to break-fall properly... >_>

FAIL :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

So... very... tired...

And I wasn't even out last night!

So... very... tired...

And I wasn't even out last night!

me too

need sleep

or caffine...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Had caffeine- wasn't worth shíte, it's the sleep I'm lacking. Got about 3 hours. Don't want to snooze now though coz it'll mess up my sleep tonight. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Had caffeine- wasn't worth shíte, it's the sleep I'm lacking. Got about 3 hours. Don't want to snooze now though coz it'll mess up my sleep tonight. Ah well

Big Bird has changed lots since I was a Kid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone sprain their ankle before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone sprain their ankle before?
    Lots of times

Sprained mine at the weekend and have it strapped up after spending 4 hours in Johns for a bandage. Thought it might have been broken, its still swollen - bruising and feeling is coming back - that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sprained mine at the weekend and have it strapped up after spending 4 hours in Johns for a bandage. Thought it might have been broken, its still swollen - bruising and feeling is coming back - that normal?
    Yeah a bad sprain takes a while to heal up properly. You need to ice it and raise it when possible. Some anti inflamitories(forgive spelling) might help too. Difene.
    A sprain is usually when you stretch your ligaments and the swelling is to protect your joint. It can actually take a couple of months sometimes. To fully heal that is

amiable wrote: »
    Yeah a bad sprain takes a while to heal up properly. You need to ice it and raise it when possible. Some anti inflamitories(forgive spelling) might help too. Difene.
    A sprain is usually when you stretch your ligaments and the swelling is to protect your joint. It can actually take a couple of months sometimes. To fully heal that is

Doc said it is a minor sprain so I hope its not as bad as few months. Pretty hard using the clutch at the moment, just in work, but sat at desk so guess thats a good thing

Anyone stuck indoors tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anyone stuck indoors tonight?

Not stuck but Im in here anyway. Im off to the fridge now to make a start on my "33" Export Beers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I am but i'm ok with it. i'll enjoy it more when my smoky housemate goes out! grrrrr :mad:

so whats the plan guys?

I am but i'm ok with it. i'll enjoy it more when my smoky housemate goes out! grrrrr :mad:

so whats the plan guys?

I just got the ashtray from out the back of the house. In my defence there is a plug in at the opposite side of the room and I lit one of those candles.

You see the LAW states you must smoke 1 cigarette(minimum) after each pint. I have just taken the first sip so soon enough I will have a smoky living room.

Oh well if you lit one of those candles well then that's a different thing :rolleyes:

She's just finished one, and now she's lit up another one. FFS! she wouldn't even open the window.

well so much for my clean clothes anyway :(

Oh well if you lit one of those candles well then that's a different thing :rolleyes:

Smelly candles cure everything.

Here's a picture just of my cosy set up. Im gonna smoke this baby soon. The Joys of living alone(temporarily) :D

IMG_0164.jpg

• Advertisement

ya sure smelly candles just burn away the cancer :pac:

evening boardsies

ya sure smelly candles just burn away the cancer :pac:

I was visiting in hospital the other night and there was this woman who wouldn't go to bed unless the nurses took her out for her cigarette. She was 99, due to be 100 in February I think.

Cancer has nothing on her.

Im here watching Gaza on "The Saturday night show". He's doing a fairly good interiew. No alcohol in him although you can tell he has be riddled by alcohol over the years.

evening boardsies

Evenin!

been running today?

Berty wrote: »
    I was visiting in hospital the other night and there was this woman who wouldn't go to bed unless the nurses took her out for her cigarette. She was 99, due to be 100 in February I think.

Cancer has nothing on her.

Im here watching Gaza on "The Saturday night show". He's doing a fairly good interiew. No alcohol in him although you can tell he has be riddled by alcohol over the years.

Funny how some smokers do live that long.

Funny how some smokers do live that long.

True but, without being too morbid, you dont need cigarettes to get lung cancer. ;)

Evenin!

been running today?

nop...running over...back lifitng stuff again...

may run tomorrow or do some sort of conditioning stuff...

you?

Berty wrote: »
    True but, without being too morbid, you dont need cigarettes to get lung cancer. ;)

oh ya, i know. at least she got to that age, my mam wasn't even half that.
    nop...running over...back lifitng stuff again...

may run tomorrow or do some sort of conditioning stuff...

you?

been running? HA! i tried running before couldn't even do it for a full minute. :(

been running? HA! i tried running before couldn't even do it for a full minute. :(

practice makes perfect :P

anyone watching the alex reid fight? hope he gets pummeled...

• Advertisement

practice makes perfect :P

ya haven't had time for a while to practice, plus it was pretty painful when i did do it so .... hard to keep going back to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement