Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

panda100 wrote: »
    angeldaisy wrote: »
    Corbett have disbanded and some of that group have formed a new group which is now Limerick Treaty Suicide Prevention.  So there is still just the 2 groups out patrolling

Any idea why Corbett group disbanded?

According to report in Live 95FM the Corbett family chose to step away from it due to an illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wasn't there two Corbett groups for awhile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There were disagreements in the past and obviously again if they had to remove Corbett from the name.

It’s a pity that the different groups can’t see the common goal and get over their petty differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Mc Love wrote: »
    Connollyman if they still have a sale on
    Yes, had very good service there last year when I needed a suit in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

anyone know if they serve alcohol and food in King John's Castle for gigs? Going to the Coronas later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, there's usually a beer tent in the corner to the right of the stage and another at the back left, on the way towards the jacks.

I don't remember seeing food there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Yeah, there's usually a beer tent in the corner to the right of the stage and another at the back left, on the way towards the jacks.

I don't remember seeing food there though.

thanks man. twas the beer I was mainly asking about so good to know....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mc Love wrote: »
    Connollyman if they still have a sale on

Brilliant place Great customer service Forgot the upstairs was 3 buildings joined

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

where is the cheapest place to get a number plate replacement? my front plate fell off, or was stolen, between castleconnel of castletroy.

mdmix wrote: »
    where is the cheapest place to get a number plate replacement? my front plate fell off, or was stolen, between castleconnel of castletroy.

I think its only a tenner or so to get one made up in Halfords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

U get those security screws as well that stop them robbing it & number plate will break if they try to Rob it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Top Part in Mungret business park. Keep it Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

phog wrote: »
    Any recommendations on where to buy laminate timber flooring in Limerick, also, looking for someone to lay the floor?

To answer my own questions - I bought the flooring in Cleary's Furniture Store on the Dublin Rd (Old Squirrel building) and he booked the guy to lay the floor.

I saw cheaper timber around but we were very happy with what he had on offer and extremely happy with the fitter - very professional job. He rang a week in advance to give us an appointment, arrived as promised and did a great job in laying the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Whoever that prick is that keeps vandalising the eye popper mural would want to be kicked in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

keane2097 wrote: »
    Whoever that prick is that keeps vandalising the eye popper mural would want to be kicked in the back.

Pisses me off something terrible. 1 asshole decides they don't like it and everyone else has to suffer because of it.

I think whoever it is, is well aware they're in the very small minority on this issue, otherwise they'd try a different approach, rather than anonymous scralling on the mural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I wonder are the papers/social media making this worse by writing about the eye popper vandal each time it gets defaced. He/she obviously wants attention so we should stop giving it to them.

Really someone should just set up a webcam, catch the prick in the act and strap him to a rocket bound for the heart of the sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I’d say it’s being vandalized so it has to be removed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

We just can't seem to have anything nice here without it being vandalised.

Didn't some gob****es smear white paint over those portraits they had of Paul O'Connell and ROG down the Dock Road or somewhere years ago as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

bigpink wrote: »
    I’d say it’s being vandalized so it has to be removed...

Nope, repair it and put the fence back up. It wasn't vandalised until the fence was removed. Sure the locals won't have use of the green area, but the blame is firmly on the muppet doing the vandalising.

Removing it only lends credence to the vandals approach and would embolden them to continue their vandalism elsewhere.

Bottom line is, it's on private property, the owner of the building likes it and said it's staying so realistically nobody else gets an opinion or say.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Always with the €10million...

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/fleadh-cheoil-would-give-limerick-a-ten-million-eu/

Suppose we'll finally get that monorail out of the ten million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/fleadh-cheoil-would-give-limerick-a-ten-million-eu/

Everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Breaking: Bus from Clonmel for Bingo in Stella set to bring €10M to the local economy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

source wrote: »
    Nope, repair it and put the fence back up. It wasn't vandalised until the fence was removed. Sure the locals won't have use of the green area, but the blame is firmly on the muppet doing the vandalising.

Removing it only lends credence to the vandals approach and would embolden them to continue their vandalism elsewhere.

Bottom line is, it's on private property, the owner of the building likes it and said it's staying so realistically nobody else gets an opinion or say.

As in removed and prob replaced with Patrick Sarsfield or some Munster rugby thing that they want

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

It has already been awarded to Drogheda for 2019 so they have plenty of time to get a bid ready for 2020.

I don't know about the 10 million but a few figures that were thrown up by the Ennis fleadh would make me think it could be worth more than that.
    They reckon over 450,000 attended the fleadh in Ennis in 2017 over the 9 days. Reports said that it benefited businesses in Ennis to up to €38 million

Sligo said it made between €40-50 million from the Fleadh in 2015.

The fleadh is getting bigger every year and towns that used to hold it traditionally like Listowel and Clonmel just don't have the capacity any more. Even Ennis was stretched. Crowds have gone from 200,000 in Clonmel in the early 00's to 250k in Tullamore mid 00's to 300k in Cavan to 450k in Ennis. If Limerick could get it's act together and get a good bid in it could see the fleadh coming back multiple times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

The city wouldn't be too well known for traditional music though. Surely that must play into the decision of the organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

zulutango wrote: »
    The city wouldn't be too well known for traditional music though. Surely that must play into the decision of the organisers?

I'm not sure that it does, I think it might but at the same time the likes of Tullamore, Cavan, Drogheda or Clonmel wouldn't be massive either. Clonmel and Cashel often got them in the past because one of the main organisers was a Tipp man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

MilfordBud wrote: »
    It has already been awarded to Drogheda for 2019 so they have plenty of time to get a bid ready for 2020.

I don't know about the 10 million but a few figures that were thrown up by the Ennis fleadh would make me think it could be worth more than that.
    They reckon over 450,000 attended the fleadh in Ennis in 2017 over the 9 days. Reports said that it benefited businesses in Ennis to up to €38 million

Sligo said it made between €40-50 million from the Fleadh in 2015.

The fleadh is getting bigger every year and towns that used to hold it traditionally like Listowel and Clonmel just don't have the capacity any more. Even Ennis was stretched. Crowds have gone from 200,000 in Clonmel in the early 00's to 250k in Tullamore mid 00's to 300k in Cavan to 450k in Ennis. If Limerick could get it's act together and get a good bid in it could see the fleadh coming back multiple times.

The fleadh coming to Limerick would do wonders for the city and not just from a financial perspective. Sligo people credit the fleadh with the renaissance of its centre. Sligo townis now a creative,cultural and vibrant hub and the fleadh was the catalyst for kickstarting that. Similarly with Ennis, the fleadh transformed what I always thought of as a pretty dull town and locals recognise this. Over the Summer they regularly shut off the main streets to host music events etc.

Limerick has a real tradition of Irish music. We are one of the few counties left in Ireland that still has a strong wren tradition at Chistmas time. Even though city folk like to dismiss it, the county has some of the finest trad musicians in the land. We also have the first in its kind with the UL world academy of music that see thousands of international visitors every year come to Limerick annually to learn Irish music.

Whatever about the 10million euro the fleadh may very well be exactly what Limerick needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

panda100 wrote: »
    The fleadh coming to Limerick would do wonders for the city and not just from a financial perspective. Sligo people credit the fleadh with the renaissance of its centre. Sligo townis now a creative,cultural and vibrant hub and the fleadh was the catalyst for kickstarting that. Similarly with Ennis, the fleadh transformed what I always thought of as a pretty dull town and locals recognise this. Over the Summer they regularly shut off the main streets to host music events etc.

Limerick has a real tradition of Irish music. We are one of the few counties left in Ireland that still has a strong wren tradition at Chistmas time. Even though city folk like to dismiss it, the county has some of the finest trad musicians in the land. We also have the first in its kind with the UL world academy of music that see thousands of international visitors every year come to Limerick annually to learn Irish music.

Whatever about the 10million euro the fleadh may very well be exactly what Limerick needs.

I work in West Limerick and the proliferation of Trad music in every aspect of life is very strong. Nearly all children learn something, concertina being a widespread favourite along with the banjo. It's great to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement