Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ye could help the OP find a tanning-bed too! :pac:

Hanley wrote: »
    You could have one of these beauties....

*EDIT* I hope some people saw that before I deleted it

Oh yeah, I did. I could make it reappear too... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

plus he's thinner than you...

He's quite svelte though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Oh yeah, I did. I could make it reappear too... >_>

beijing-2008-olympics-oil-simpsons-mr-burns-excellent-demand-crude-oil-price.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

He's quite svelte though

The man is getting his bloat on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

This thread has made my night in more ways than one. Thanks lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

He was serious thedrifter is a right hunk of a man :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

yogalady wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind some serious suggestions!

I've moved the joke posts out of your thread, hopefully you'll get some proper suggestions now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

He was serious thedrifter is a right hunk of a man :pac:

rwar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Had some of Michael Noonan's lackey's call to my door today. Asked him a few questions about local and national issues, and then asked if the man himself was around to answer my questions....They quy said no and then started waving out the gate and who do i see only Michael Noonan himself walking past....

Are these people for real? Too chicken to call to the door to be asked the hard questions, and they expect us to vote for them.

Oh by the way sorry I didn't turn up Sunday, fell asleep on the couch and the missus didn't wake me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Noonan tipped me a tenner once. number one vote IMO :pac:

• Advertisement

Just realised, this was at 12:35 today. Obviously trying to avoid people answering the door. Oh and when I asked the lackey why I should vote for noonan, he said because he's from Limerick....joke that's not a reason to vote for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

foinse wrote: »
    Just realised, this was at 12:35 today. Obviously trying to avoid people answering the door. Oh and when I asked the lackey why I should vote for noonan, he said because he's from Limerick....joke that's not a reason to vote for someone.

Could have been worse. You could have had O Dea's lackeys. Best part of 13 years as a Junior and Senior Minister and all it did for Limerick was tell people what they were entitled to anyway and was'nt too bothered when he basically called Mike Dwane of the Limerick Leader character into disrepute. Noonan did a lot for the city when he was a Minister for Health and hopefully a lot more as the next Minister for Finance. My point is Noonan deserves a chance given the damage caused by O Dea and "dead man walking Power".

He might deserve a chance, but I'm not voting to put someone into a position of power when while out campaigning, he has his lackey's steer him away from the tough houses. If he's not able to answer the tough questions on the street why should i believe he will be able to do the same in the Dail. Don't get me wrong, FF is not getting my vote this year, I am truely an undecided so my vote is open to almost anyone and my decision will be based on how the play their campaigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He might deserve a chance, but I'm not voting to put someone into a position of power when while out campaigning, he has his lackey's steer him away from the tough houses. If he's not able to answer the tough questions on the street why should i believe he will be able to do the same in the Dail. Don't get me wrong, FF is not getting my vote this year, I am truely an undecided so my vote is open to almost anyone and my decision will be based on how the play their campaigns.

Using canvassing practises to inform your opinion of how somebody will perform in a ministerial office is pretty specious IMO.
    knockon wrote: »
    Could have been worse. You could have had O Dea's lackeys. Best part of 13 years as a Junior and Senior Minister and all it did for Limerick was tell people what they were entitled to anyway

Don't forget his epic crusade on behalf of the Rubber Bandits

keane2097 wrote: »
    Using canvassing practises to inform your opinion of how somebody will perform in a ministerial office is pretty specious IMO.

No I'm using their canvassing practices to see how they interact with the citizens of this state, and how they respond to the serious and difficult questions, It will tell me a lot about their character. I do and have of course read up on the parties policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No I'm using their canvassing practices to see how they interact with the citizens of this state, and how they respond to the serious and difficult questions, It will tell me a lot about their character. I do and have of course read up on the parties policies.

I disagree with this as a major criterion for picking the Minister for Finance (which is basically what you're talking about when deciding whether or not to vote for Noonan), but meh w/e you're obv entitled to choose your vote however seems good to you.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I disagree with this as a major criterion for picking the Minister for Finance (which is basically what you're talking about when deciding whether or not to vote for Noonan), but meh w/e you're obv entitled to choose your vote however seems good to you.

I'm not picking the minister for finance, sure he might be the FG finance representative but the picking of the cabinet is done by the Taioseach, not the voter. The voter picks someone who they feel will best represent them in the Dail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

take it to a politics thread!!! WAFFLE!

zuroph wrote: »
    take it to a politics thread!!! WAFFLE!

Agreed I think we got a little consumed there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    Noonan tipped me a tenner once. number one vote IMO :pac:

Now where did I leave my link to the Thai Massage thread????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Go to Google maps, bring up directions from Washington D.C. to Japan and look at instruction number 48

Go to Google maps, bring up directions from Washington D.C. to Japan and look at instruction number 48

Very good, you'd be so tired after that one, you wouldn't be able to take the left turn in 49. You have to do the same at 33 to get to Hawaii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Angelas Ashes on RTE 1. Now theres a film I havent seen in years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Not much waffling going on as of late.... Are ye all ok???!
    Come to think of it, I hear there is a new waffle place in Limerick, anyone tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Come to think of it, I hear there is a new waffle place in Limerick, anyone tried it?

I was going to the other day actually,any day I've passed it,it's been empty.

Anyone recommend any good books for some longish flights? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Had one, tasty. Sometimes you just need a daycent waffle, and their's did the job. They're kinda still finding their feet a bit in there, be patient!

Where are they located, langdang? I might be interested in checking the place out whenever I finish my latest healthy eating phase! :pac:

Lower Mallow street, used to be a Fine Gael office someone told me, if that helps?

Yep, I know the place now. Strange location for that kind of a shop, although I suppose they could catch some trade from the Tutorial/Laurel Hill/Julie Kilmarten crowds.

• Advertisement

Yep, I know the place now. Strange location for that kind of a shop, although I suppose they could catch some trade from the Tutorial/Laurel Hill/Julie Kilmarten crowds.
    They'll have their work cut out for them. They could start doing do-nuts maybe....... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement