Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

fair nuff.

what ye been up to for the weekend?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Just had what was quite possibly the most disappointingly bad bag of chips I've ever tasted... waaah :(

The portion size was... economical to begin with, but they were so manky I couldn't finish them. Bad buzz for me Sunday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Just had what was quite possibly the most disappointingly bad bag of chips I've ever tasted... waaah :(

The portion size was... economical to begin with, but they were so manky I couldn't finish them. Bad buzz for me Sunday evening

from where?

from where?

Superdine in Castletroy. The odd thing is I don't even really like chips that much but I just had a want on me all evening, and the reason I drove all the way there was that I had the 2nd nicest bag of chips I ever ate there about 6 weeks ago.

This time the girl behind serving me asked if I wanted salt and vinegar, I asked for plenty of vinegar but she barely splashed the bottle into the bag. I asked for more vinegar (feeling like Oliver fookin' Twist), she gives me a look of disdain and hands me another bottle from under the counter, which I proceeded to douse over my chips.
    I knew something was up when I drove down the road and realised that there was no scent of vinegar whatsoever (not a bad thing- as much as I enjoy the occasional bag, I hate the way the car stinks after). Opened the bag when I got in, no smell or taste of vinegar whatsoever, I may as well have sprinkled my chips with water. I feel like ringing Joe Duffy about it tomorrow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Superdine in Castletroy. The odd thing is I don't even really like chips that much but I just had a want on me all evening, and the reason I drove all the way there was that I had the 2nd nicest bag of chips I ever ate there about 6 weeks ago.

This time the girl behind serving me asked if I wanted salt and vinegar, I asked for plenty of vinegar but she barely splashed the bottle into the bag. I asked for more vinegar (feeling like Oliver fookin' Twist), she gives me a look of disdain and hands me another bottle from under the counter, which I proceeded to douse over my chips.
    I knew something was up when I drove down the road and realised that there was no scent of vinegar whatsoever (not a bad thing- as much as I enjoy the occasional bag, I hate the way the car stinks after). Opened the bag when I got in, no smell or taste of vinegar whatsoever, I may as well have sprinkled my chips with water. I feel like ringing Joe Duffy about it tomorrow :pac:

see...no...rio's is like 12 feet more...for shame..

• Advertisement

see...no...rio's is like 12 feet more...for shame..

Never had chips from Rios.. Will bear it in mind fir the next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Right so, still on the couch, Anyone got any ideas on what I can do for the day from the confines of the couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fap fap fap.

quiz tonight? we have a lot of numbers, any chance ur missus can get a few more and we get two teams going?

foinse wrote: »
    Right so, still on the couch, Anyone got any ideas on what I can do for the day from the confines of the couch.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/mens-gifts-Gentlemens-Ball-Scratcher/dp/B0043VX2FC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301308772&sr=8-1

@Zuroph Is that the quiz in Little Ellen St.? Trying to get a team together myself, if ya wanna merge one let me know...

allowed teams of five, think we have 5 to 7 this week depending on foinse and his missus, and concussion and his. a merge might be good.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    allowed teams of five, think we have 5 to 7 this week depending on foinse and his missus, and concussion and his. a merge might be good.

Sound, so far I've only one other, waiting to hear from a few more. Will chat ya later :D

Deffo for quiz, not sure about herself, I'll say it to her later and see what she says. A big old merge could be fun alright.

Alaskimo thanks for the suggestion but the crutch suffices for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Quiz you say?

right we have 6 or 7, depending on foinses good lady, so can fit maybe 3 more, keane, alaskimo and alaskimos mate? two teams of 5, and we take the thing down!

Still waiting to hear back. Is concussion in?

Still waiting to hear back. Is concussion in?

yip him and his lady in, joe and his, me u and whoever then.

cool cool, give me a shout later so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had just passed the first Shannon/Sixmilebridge exit today heading Northbound in the N18. Next thing a rental car comes at me on the wrong side of the Dual Carraigeway and a Bus Eireann Coach nearly lost control. He was travelling at some whack on the wrong side of the D/C and with the Coach likely doing 90km/h it could have been really messy.

He skidded off the DC into the central median. I just kept going.

How the freakin hell did he manage to get onto the wrong side? I have gone through options in my head but still cant make wonder of it. Which exit did he take? :confused:

Berty wrote: »
    I had just passed the first Shannon/Sixmilebridge exit today heading Northbound in the N18. Next thing a rental car comes at me on the wrong side of the Dual Carraigeway and a Bus Eireann Coach nearly lost control. He was travelling at some whack on the wrong side of the D/C and with the Coach likely doing 90km/h it could have been really messy.

He skidded off the DC into the central median. I just kept going.

How the freakin hell did he manage to get onto the wrong side? I have gone through options in my head but still cant make wonder of it. Which exit did he take? :confused:

What's the bet he came down through Bunratty, Out through the first exit for Bunratty I think it's exit 16????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What's the bet he came down through Bunratty, Out through the first exit for Bunratty I think it's exit 16????

Nope. I was heading Northbound towards Ennis. Other side of the Dual Carraigeway.

Here in fact.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=shannon+co+clare&aq=&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=7.682257,23.269043&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Shannon,+County+Clare&ll=52.71428,-8.839114&spn=0.030469,0.090895&z=14&layer=c&cbll=52.71428,-8.839114&panoid=FqOrITudnpTuE_06ztGYzA&cbp=12,329.49,,0,6.46

Wow, then the only other idea I can suggest is that he came through Shannon Town, and took the wrong exit at the roundabout by the Irish Aviation Authority building.

12......there i said it...ive been wanting too get that off my chest all day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cool story bro...

Cool story bro...

I know...I'm thinking of trying to get it published as a short story...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You'll be challenging Hemingway's legacy before too long! :pac:
    What's the "12" story about anyway?

its our answer of the week in work....

our excuse of the week is " my snork is broken"

us engineers really are sad little people.....meh.....12 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

woohoo,finishing at half 3 and I'm off then til Wednesday :D

so what we all doing for the weekend....

I seen someone using a discman today.... does it make me sad that i tought it was cool...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

yes. yes it is. :pac:

well whaddya know, 12 is my number D :D

it's amazing the amount of times turning it off and on again works. still surprises me.

i am having a day trip out tomorrow, probably having a few drinkies tomorrow night. but doing some pooey work on sunday. our release is going live on sunday so i've to test the **** out of it before monday. fun times.

what you up to D?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement