Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Micky are you boards stalking me now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Micky are you boards stalking me now? :)

Who are you? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Who are you? :P

The one you'll be dreaming about tonight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys

Does anyone know if there's an indie / electro / alternative club night in Limerick? I used to DJ a tiny bit and was interested in maybe getting involved in something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

only place i can think of is outside in trinity rooms...cant for the life of me think of the proper name...

Im sure someone with a social like and who isnt old and grumpy will know it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks drifter - Trinity rooms sounds a bit too professional for me, was looking for something a bit more lo-fi and amateur - that's about my level! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

only place i can think of is outside in trinity rooms...cant for the life of me think of the proper name...

Im sure someone with a social like and who isnt old and grumpy will know it though

That's probably the Courtyard part of Trooms. I can't remember the last time I was there though.

I think I went there too often when I was 18/19/20. Stopped going then. Might go there on a night out or two over the summer and re-acquaint myself with the place! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mickeys maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thanks drifter - Trinity rooms sounds a bit too professional for me, was looking for something a bit more lo-fi and amateur - that's about my level! :)

Do you know any DJ's in town?best place to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

call into that new music internet cafe place up on foxes bow, they'd be sure to be able to point you in right direction :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mickeys run tunesday for guest dj's. It's usually booked about a week in advance, just call in and ask for Iggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

wow,was kind of weird seeing this,this morning.I thought I was half asleep :)

http://darknessintolight.pieta.ie/Limerick_Notice.html

Went to storm to see "Priest" it was too busy!!! at home bored now and its lashing rain....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm watching Silence of the Lambs... haven't watched it in years.

In fact I'd say the last time I watched it I was about 13 and it didn't knock a spot off me that I can rememeber, where as now.... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have "Enemy at the Gates" recorded so watching that and drinking some German Beers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pretty horrible night out there alright, having a couple of beers at home catching up on Survivor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Angels and Demons, pizza on the way, good night.

im gonna pull out the media player and see what i havent wathced.....gonna lop on a pot if Ponaire coffee me thinks :)

For anyone who hasnt ( i know we have some limerick newbies ) been to ponaire for coffee then you havent lived...

im gonna pull out the media player and see what i havent wathced.....gonna lop on a pot if Ponaire coffee me thinks :)

For anyone who hasnt ( i know we have some limerick newbies ) been to ponaire for coffee then you havent lived...

Cliffs on Ponaire coffee please? :)

Having been in the industry it's nothing special to be honest. Nice people, freshly roasted, nice packaging/cups but on quality that's where it ends.

There is a guy in Kinsale whom roasts his own Coffee and delivers it locally in plastic shopping bags so Ponaire are hitting well above their weight.

Now BADGER & DODO are the way to go. He is a proper connoisseur

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Having been in the industry it's nothing special to be honest. Nice people, freshly roasted, nice packaging/cups but on quality that's where it ends.

There is a guy in Kinsale whom roasts his own Coffee and delivers it locally in plastic shopping bags so Ponaire are hitting well above their weight.

Now BADGER & DODO are the way to go. He is a proper connoisseur

Well i aint come across anything as good in limerick...unless you can point me in the right direction? if there is something better local i would only be happy to find out :P

Badger & Dodo - Milk Market - Outside - Corner Building I believe

I worked for Matthew Algie - GREAT COFFEE(Serious). They supply The Sandwich Shop but they cant make Coffee for sh*t and they supply Insomnia and the outlets in Limerick are bean to cup so no good.

Badger & Dodo it is.

Berty wrote: »
    Badger & Dodo - Milk Market - Outside - Corner Building I believe

I worked for Matthew Algie - GREAT COFFEE(Serious). They supply The Sandwich Shop but they cant make Coffee for sh*t and they supply Insomnia and the outlets in Limerick are bean to cup so no good.

Badger & Dodo it is.

Ah i mis understood i didnt think Badger 7 DoDo were Limerick...ill check them out!!!

thanks berty

Ah i mis understood i didnt think Badger 7 DoDo were Limerick...ill check them out!!!

thanks berty

Badger & Dodo. He's a lad from Mallow but he has a place in the Milk Market, could be a friend of his mind.

Bridgestone rang him up one day and said "we heard you are a fantastic speciality roaster and we would like to review you"

He said "what credentials do you have to prove you can accurately critique my roasts"

He never heard back from them. :D I have met the lad loads of times. He truly truly knows Coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

love ponaire myself only coffee ill drink in limerick looking forward to my sunday morning ritual of ponaire vanilla latte and country kitchen brekkie bap

Why am I still awake and watching Harry Potter when the missus is asleep already???

Oh and pizza was goooooood, just in case any of you were wondering. :D

foinse wrote: »
    Why am I still awake and watching Harry Potter when the missus is asleep already???

Oh and pizza was goooooood, just in case any of you were wondering. :D

Might as well stay up for the boxing now...

Never been big into the boxing. What channel is it on? Might be better than this.

foinse wrote: »
    Never been big into the boxing. What channel is it on? Might be better than this.

Just kicking off on Sky Sports now. Main event probably won't be till 5 unfirtunately :(

• Advertisement

That makes my decision even easier, no sky sports so to bed with me!!

You should have hung around a while longer last night, there was a reappearance of a certain eastern european about half an hour after you left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement