Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zuroph wrote: »
    what channel did you watch on? I didnt notice the backing singers at all on rte, but when I watched back a video from bbc3 it was very noticeable, and the crowd noise was non existant, maybe they'd used different levels?

RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

Berty wrote: »
    They should really sack those backing singers. You could hear them wailing through in the background. They were awful. There are much better songs in the Eurovision that these two oddballs but then again when the great unwashed are voting they might just win.

Although.......................................people might not vote for the boys because they might think "sur' they're going to get loads of votes, i wont bother voting for them at all" multiply that thought by X 2 million people are we're fvcked.

You cant vote for your own country.

adaminho wrote: »
    You cant vote for your own country.

I know that but the Germans(who love Jedward) might say. "Those boys will get loads of votes and there's millions of us Germans, I'm going to give a vote to the Transexual from Israel instead"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I know that but the Germans(who love Jedward) might say. "Those boys will get loads of votes and there's millions of us Germans, I'm going to give a vote to the Transexual from Israel instead"

transexual got knocked out already :D

• Advertisement

Gotta stop looking at donedeal car section. May actually buy something. :( Too tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Gotta stop looking at donedeal car section. May actually buy something. :( Too tempting.

That thing is dangerous...ive a car up on it at the moment

linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

linky

yup,linky please

Both PM'ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

what channel did you watch on? I didnt notice the backing singers at all on rte, but when I watched back a video from bbc3 it was very noticeable, and the crowd noise was non existant, maybe they'd used different levels?

My mrs was watching it on rte player i was in the other room and i had said who is singing the jedward song....She said it was them in the actual eurovision all i could here was the girls on RTE.

We shall see tonight. Probably that Leanne Moore one I could hear.

On that note:

It was perfect(as much as it can be)

Couldn't fault it. Sound perfect, backing singers where they should be(in the back).

Well done boys(probably wont read this) :D

grid rollers are the devils creation i tell ya!!!!

back to work tommorow....off on call though!!! whoo...

also bought me a french press so i dont have to drink the office gunk they call coffee.....look at me im a coffee snob :P

also

FallGuy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats this i hear about a rare emily bronte book being bought at the milk market???

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/tourist-sells-euro3-first-edition-of-wuthering-heights-for-euro8000-2644547.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

fryup wrote: »

whoever sold that is kicking themselves today I'll bet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone quizzing tonight?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Anyone quizzing tonight?

Mise! Still feeling a bit tender after the weekend though, don't know if I can face drink tonight, even though there's freebies to be had :(

Anyone quizzing tonight?

I thought I was going to but I'll have to give it a miss this week anyway.

• Advertisement

Just got an e-mail from Munster Rugby offering me Full Membership. They told me over the phone 2 months ago that it would be a "number of years" before I would become a full member.

Sweet, just bought my Heineken Cup Tickets!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

More than likely will be.

Just got an e-mail from Munster Rugby offering me Full Membership. They told me over the phone 2 months ago that it would be a "number of years" before I would become a full member.

Sweet, just bought my Heineken Cup Tickets!! :D

just got same email :D must have been a terrible take up this year :) no money on my card, gotta try get a loan off someone to buy it before its too late.

just got same email :D must have been a terrible take up this year :) no money on my card, gotta try get a loan off someone to buy it before its too late.

I split mine over 3 months as there was no way I would have had that money in one go. I didn't like the fact you MUST buy Magners league to get Heineken cup. Feck it, I was unemployed last year so couldnt afford tickets for the current season so I'm not going down that road again watching at home. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Welcome to the full members club :)

Out of interest what number are ye (in the 100s of course not the actual number), I'm a member for about a decade now and I'm in 1200's

I split mine over 3 months as there was no way I would have had that money in one go. I didn't like the fact you MUST buy Magners league to get Heineken cup. Feck it, I was unemployed last year so couldnt afford tickets for the current season so I'm not going down that road again watching at home. :(

i see its a €50 upgrade on membership, then what, you have the option to buy the HC tickets now? How long do you have to buy the HC tickets? I have a double ticket memship for mangers, i presume that doesnt transfer to HC?

Clareman wrote: »
    Welcome to the full members club :)

Out of interest what number are ye (in the 100s of course not the actual number), I'm a member for about a decade now and I'm in 1200's

It's even more curious because I'm in the 20,000(s).

I'm assuming Jennifer upgraded me because she had a long conversation with me about the merits of membership as I was arguing the benefits of an Associate member were completely overshadowed by the pointlessness of it whereby I could get a membership with, lets say St Marys, and get my tickets from them.
    i see its a €50 upgrade on membership, then what, you have the option to buy the HC tickets now? How long do you have to buy the HC tickets? I have a double ticket memship for mangers, i presume that doesnt transfer to HC?

I have no idea what a double ticket membership is and YES I was annoyed about the €50. I assume you have till Friday to decide on your HC tickets although I would imagine that if many Associates are signing up in the next 24 hours you could be left with Terrace seating. :(

It's even more curious because I'm in the 20,000(s).

I'm assuming Jennifer upgraded me because she had a long conversation with me about the merits of membership as I was arguing the benefits of an Associate member were completely overshadowed by the pointlessness of it whereby I could get a membership with, lets say St Marys, and get my tickets from them.

:eek:

I'm in 16000s

jesus, I hope its not a computer glitch..

:eek:

I'm in 16000s

jesus, I hope its not a computer glitch..

Too late. I'm in !! :D

• Advertisement

IO ur going to quiz? and alaskimo? see ye in there good and early so?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement