Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He hasn't been posting much in a while, but he only stepped down from modding here last week.

I suppose he was a Category Moderator and not just a Forum Moderator so I imagine the workload was considerable.

He should still drop in and stir things up. We might welcome him as one of our own. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah pass on our well wishes! Drop in for a waffle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Wel I'd volunteer to help out but the **** storm that created the last time :pac:

two of ye are doing a great job on here.

zuroph wrote: »
    two of ye are doing a great job on here.

The local and the "blow in"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

It's like an addiction,I should go buy myself a diesel/something sensible

hahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhh

ya right!

• Advertisement

for some reason i want to start trail running..

someone talk me out of it before i have another hobby...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tell me what trail running involves and I'll tell you why not to do it!

Tell me what trail running involves and I'll tell you why not to do it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_running

now talk me out of it

rolling sat/sunday dude?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

http://www.warriorsfestival.com/

I was gonna suggest you give that ^^^ a go and see if you like it but registration is full. Oh well.

http://www.warriorsfestival.com/

I was gonna suggest you give that ^^^ a go and see if you like it but registration is full. Oh well.

in at the deep end....i like it :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't be calling IO a blow in, he doesn't like that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_running

now talk me out of it

rolling sat/sunday dude?

I'm off to Dublin tomorrow. Would've loved to have trained this weekend though. I feel like I'm letting Mike down missing Sunday.

As for the trail running, we should do the 4 Peaks Challenge next summer. For the laugh like. :pac:

eye sundays a big one...looking forward too it now..
    id be up for 4 peaks...

we should do the 4 Peaks Challenge next summer. For the laugh like. :pac:

http://www.focusireland.ie/index.php/events-a-challenges/challenges/four-peaks-challenge?gclid=CLajvYSQ9agCFUEa4Qod3EkaSA

It's on in September... loooooads of time to train for this year :pac:

Money where mouth etc etc...

http://www.focusireland.ie/index.php/events-a-challenges/challenges/four-peaks-challenge?gclid=CLajvYSQ9agCFUEa4Qod3EkaSA

It's on in September... loooooads of time to train for this year :pac:

Money where mouth etc etc...

For some strange reason I was under the impression I'd missed it! I could probably manage September.

Actually, I've just spotted other websites advertising it for June. Is it done several times in the year?

I'm off to Dublin tomorrow.

beers and/or outdoor exhibit?

beers and/or outdoor exhibit?

Mini-beers on Saturday, I think. What exhibit is on?

huge outdoors exhibit in the RDS this weekend. Myself concussion and a few mroe going to it saturday, and the Gentlemens Forum are having a beers sat night, I've been informed a few more forums are rolling by too.

huge outdoors exhibit in the RDS this weekend. Myself concussion and a few mroe going to it saturday, and the Gentlemens Forum are having a beers sat night, I've been informed a few more forums are rolling by too.

That's the thing with Boards these days. Different groups in different forums doing stuff that others hardly hear about! I'll be spending most of the weekend in Dundrum, just popping into town to meet other people on Saturday.

Did you get to the super secret Mods' Beers last year? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

He hasn't been posting much in a while, but he only stepped down from modding here last week.

I'm guessing Berty will be our new overlord?

• Advertisement

The four peaks challenge. It's not too difficult to be fair. 2 mountain per month would be enough training for it. There is a walk/run across the Mourne mountains soon. I was considering that but none of my friends bothered to reply to me about it.

I'm just back from Childers road retail park. The traffic directions is very different now. Much better I think.

Berty wrote: »
    I'm just back from Childers road retail park. The traffic directions is very different now. Much better I think.

What have they done?

What have they done?

You come in and you must either turn left into the left car park or turn right(where Costa Coffee exit is) where it was a one way exit only. You cannot drive down towards Dunnes anymore. Both of those lanes are exit only. Basically the lane from Argos etc down to Dunnes have both lanes as ONE WAY.

It will make leaving the retail park much easier. Depending on traffic and the lights it might make getting in troublesome.

Makes a bit of sense

Makes a bit of sense

They couldn't make it any worse anyway. :D

really messed up that place on first design, whoever did the original layout should be ashamed.

no i didnt get to the super sekrit mods beers last year IO :) Gona be out dundrum side too for a good bit this weekend, give a text if ur heading for beers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Three car collision on the Dublin rd just outside Frank Hogans! Traffic is manic. And another collision nearly happened infront of me. Bus was turning right on st pats road, and along comes an auld wan in her beetle (totally oblivious to the crash in the other lane) indicator on and turns right just as the bus is turning right - I could almost hear the metal crunch - luckily the bus driver was well aware

Everyone looking forward to the end of the world tomorrow evening? :pac:

• Advertisement

Everyone looking forward to the end of the world tomorrow evening? :pac:

The guy who predicted it got it wrong back in 1994 or something when he predicted it then. At least I will be debt free if it happens. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement