Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension in Waterford

• 08-07-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I am thinking of building on an extension to the back of my house. Reason I am posting here is cause it is in Waterford and would prefer to support a Waterford builder and keep it local. Anyway, have any of you dealt with any local reputable builders lately? Please drop me a P.M. with any recommendations

Thanks alot:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

What exactly are you after?

What is most important to you : Time, cost or quality?

You will not get a quality job finished on time cheaply!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Yes Boss wrote: »
    What exactly are you after?

What is most important to you : Time, cost or quality?

You will not get a quality job finished on time cheaply!

:confused: I don't get your scepticism? Preferably all 3! Time ? Before year end 8 weeks most with minimal disruption. Good quality finish at a price that is good value???

Is that too much to ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    :confused: I don't get your scepticism? Preferably all 3! Time ? Before year end 8 weeks most with minimal disruption. Good quality finish at a price that is good value???

Is that too much to ask for?

I did not say 'good value'...I said cheap!.

If you pay the bottom figure the chances of achieving a quality finish is slim. However, if you appreciate quality, you will understand that it will take a little longer which = an increase in cost.

I'm not suggesting that you pay over the odds but there seems to be a misconception that low cost and short time frame can = quality! and that is not a reality :)

Advertisement