Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Repairs In Mullingar

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Anyone know of a place that does computer repairs in Mullingar. I have a Dell which will not boot up properly and I have tried reinstalling Vista but alas to no avail. Keep getting blue screens as well.:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

boris232 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a place that does computer repairs in Mullingar. I have a Dell which will not boot up properly and I have tried reinstalling Vista but alas to no avail. Keep getting blue screens as well.:confused:

There's a place called Compu2 that does repairs. Its on grove street(thats the one around the corner from the Newbury that runs paralell to the main street)

I can't reccomend them as I've never used them, so don't know what they're like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Don't bother with Compu2, know a guy who used to work there and he wouldn't even trust any of the people there.. the amount of stuff they did that they had no right to was nuts.

Try Creative I.T., they're probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

+1 (I assume you mean the place on Castle St?)

Or there's a place in the Enterprise Centre on Bishop Gate St (think that's the street anyway lol) and I've heard good reports about them, but I've never used them tbh, so can only go by what other people said.

I've only ever used Creative I.T and my experience with them was good.
    Compu2 I wouldn't go near. I have heard several bad things about them, and they have charges far too much when compared to a second quote for me.

I don't want to say anything bad about the guys in Creative I.T, my experience may have been a once off. The guys are nice.

The two guys in the enterprise centre are great tho. It's the place I usually go with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

What was your negative experience with Creative, CORaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

liah wrote: »
    What was your negative experience with Creative, CORaven?

I'm not going to give details as I know the lads are users here on boards, and they would know me if I gave info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

Try Wheeler Dealer he's up @ the side of the Druids Chair;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

yekahs wrote: »
    There's a place called Compu2 that does repairs. Its on grove street(thats the one around the corner from the Newbury that runs paralell to the main street)

I can't reccomend them as I've never used them, so don't know what they're like.

If that's the place behind Dolans, then I would stay well clear.
    From my one and only experience with them, it was obvious that they are only chancers
    Aside from that, a neighbour got a quote from them to remove a virus and it was well overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    If that's the place behind Dolans, then I would stay well clear.
    From my one and only experience with them, it was obvious that they are only chancers
    Aside from that, a neighbour got a quote from them to remove a virus and it was well overpriced.

What would you class as over priced for removing a virus ,ive no link to these guys but just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Sounds like you have corrupt memory sectors.
    Buy a new hard drive and install it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Could be the RAM also.
    Have you reseated all the RAM and checked the connections in the box - pretty simple to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 best_before

I agree with the previous post about the hard disk - sounds like yours is in trouble. Boot from the install CD and try to repair the existing OS - at the prompt, type chkdsk /r and hit enter. That should fix any disk problems that are possible to fix with software. If it still won't play nice, get a new drive. They're relatively easy to install, especially in newer Dells, but I know some people just don't want to look 'under the hood'.

I repair PCs/Macs at very reasonable rates and I'm in Mullingar. If you want me to have a look at it you can contact me here, or you can get my contact details from here.

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Thanks Folks for the advice

Found out it was a faulty RAM chip. It was taken out and rebooted. Seems to be running ok (so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Good to hear you got it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drave

try the new shop in tesco shopping mall.

blue kestrel

he sounds like he knows his stuff and not to expensive

Advertisement