Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox- credit card details

• 09-07-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all, this has probably been brought up alot but im a non techi mom, the kids know more than i do.
    Anyway i need advice from all you experts.
    It has just come to my attention that details of a credit card borrowed to buy one months live membership has been retained on the console.

And to my horror my 7 year old has been unknowangly been purchasing games and trail and point ect for a month.

The total of over 200 euro has been debited, im sick i realy dont have 200 to pay back.

As far as he thought was that he was just playing new games like trails, he would see a picture of a game and then just kept pressing AAAAA, not realising he was purchasing and hes not very good a reading so it would have went over his head.

It has to be illegal for microsoft to retail credit card details.
    Is there any way of getting this money back from them.
    I googled the problem and found out how the credit card details can be removed, but when i tried it wouldnt let me remove it. Im up the wall so any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do i'm afraid.

Trying to get money back from Microsoft is like trying to get blood from a stone.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Read here http://www.unscripted360.com/2009/03/18/update-removing-credit-cards-from-xbox-account/

Then in future never pay a cent to that greedy xbox again , if you need points or a live subscription buy online form sites like www.live-codes.com I use it all the time they email you a code you redeem for a number of points or live subscription etc totally safe and totally controllable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

You have to ring up Microsoft to have them remove your card from their system. You can't do it online anymore but it's a very straight forward process and doesn't take that long.

You won't get your money back however.

It's not illegal for them to retain your CC details, if it was they would have been sued a long, long time ago if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

rizzla wrote: »
    You have to ring up Microsoft to have them remove your card from their system. You can't do it online anymore but it's a very straight forward process and doesn't take that long.

You can do this on xbox.com! I did it last night, I wanted to throw the details onto my friends account to buy him the vip pass for battlefield.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

I did manage to get my money back from Microsoft but thats because they illegally accessed an account.Funny enough it was a once off payment too. I think you are stuck with this to be honest. You can call Customer (dont) Care department , but i dont think you will get anywere with them . Just get rid of xbox live in the house .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

I removed my credit card details on the xbox website. Surely they still allow you that option. Mind you I did mine like a year ago.

NB. Stick to 3V cards for Xbox live purchases. That way you can only spend what you topped up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Sorry to hear but you will have to call Xbox Ireland to get your credit card removes because you won't be able to remove it online.

Microsoft Xbox Number is 1800509186

As to your €200 am sorry but you won't be able to clam that back. This is how microsoft makes ther money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

You should have read the conditions of sale before buying the 1 month of access.

How many people just go around buying stuff with their credit card details without looking at the conditions? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I think it spossible to set up an account specifically as being a child so they cannot do things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

I got caught by this, Went away travelling and ended up paying something like a year and a half for a subscription I never used....no comeback!

• Advertisement
Advertisement