Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Bike Mag?

• 09-07-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering what everyone's favourite Motorbike magazine is ?

Mine is "Motorcycle Sport & Leisure". The most unbiased and informative of the bike mags. No(or very little) totty (which, as nice as it is to look at, is features higher than bikes in a lot of mags), great articles ranging from Moto GP, WSBK etc, to Adventure riding, trails and everything in between.

Great and sometimes thought-provoking columns by the regulars top it off.

Highly recommended by moi.

Any others that should be given a thumbs up ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

+1 for Motorcycle Sport & Leisure. Good articles - nice features on touring every month, good mix of reviews of different types of bike. Be nice if they threw in a free gift every now and again! The other mags all seem to focus on "knee down" riding and supersports bikes way too much for my liking.

I read MCN sometimes too. Aside from it's tabloid tendencies and slightly excessive fawning over British bikes it's got good features, especially when it does big reviews of gear, and is an entertaining read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'll have to keep an eye out for this Motorcycle Sport & Leisure, sounds decent.

I usually get Bike and Visor Down. Although visor down has been going downhill for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

I usually get Bike and Visor Down. Although visor down has been going downhill for a while.

true bout visordown :( bring back TWO...

have a subscription to visordown, that I dont know if I'll renew next year

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hughsie75

Do you know of any newsagents in Dublin I'd get a copy of this Motorcycle Sport & Leisure lads?
    Might check it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Hughsie75 wrote: »
    Do you know of any newsagents in Dublin I'd get a copy of this Motorcycle Sport & Leisure lads?
    Might check it out...

I know I've seen it in Reads on Nassau Street - it seems to be a bit hit and miss in newsagents, not as popular as the other bike mags I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Hughsie75 wrote: »
    Might check it out...

The (small) Easons has it in my town. Worth going there for a look. So does a decent Centra.
    You could check out www.mslmagazine.co.uk too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

From time to time, I will read MCN, Bike and Classic Bike, if I see something of interest to me on the cover of a particular issue.
    No one mag that I would get regularly, although have read others as well such as Streetfighter, AWOL and BSH but not for some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I used to read Bike, but after a while I noticed they contradicted themselves in almost every issue. I get MCN the odd time cos it's the only one available and always has some rubbish articles I'll read.
    I like the custom bike mags, BSH is good. I once read a harley magazine called HOG and it was the worst piece of shíte i've ever layed my eyes on.

Advertisement