Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCT PROMOTE NO GI 2010 - MORCEGAO SAPO TEAM

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

MCT PROMOTE NO GI 2010 - MORCEGAO SAPO TEAM

PRESENCE OF THE WORLD CHAMPION OF JIU JITSU AND MMA
    RAFAEL SAPO

St. CATHERINE’S SPORTS CENTRE

MARROWBONE LANE, D8

29 – 08 – 2010

FROM 10PM

Experience divisions will be
    (- 1 years Beginner) – (-3years Intermediate) – (+3years Advanced)

Category
    -76kg, 76kg, 82.30kg, 88.30kg, +94.30kg
    The weighting will done the before his first fight, athletes above the given weight will be disclassified

Athletes are required to do the general check by the 27/08 at
    www.cesarmorcegao.blogspot.com

After filling the enrollment form, please send it to: jiujitsuctmct@live.ie, only forms sent to the e-mail above will be accepted.

Enrollment
    € 25.00, Shirt of the event € 10.00 Be pay at time of Registration will € 30.00, registration + Shirt

All enrollment must be done until the 27/08.After the deadline an extra of
    € 5.00 will be charged(the enrollment will cost €30.00), enrollments done at the event will not be accepted,all the enrollment must be done on-line at:www.cesarmorcegao.blogspot.com

Once more we would like to thank and acknowledge all of you taking part in our event.Thanks from MCT PROMOTE EVENTS,Teacher Cesar Morcegao and Organization.Thanks to you all for the support you have given us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭morcegao

Here are some of the Titles of Rafael Sapo:

Black Belt under Vinicius Draculino Magalhães

MMA
    12 - 27 wins by Submission
    3 wins by Knockout
    2 wins by Unanimous Decision
    Win vs Travis Lutter by Knockout in Moosin
    Win vs Allan Weickert by Submission in ROC 26

Loss vs Victor O'Donnell by TKO in ROC 25

Win vs Plinio Cruz by Submission in ROC 24

Win vs Alexandre Moreno by KO in ROC 23

Win vs Jon Kirk by Submission in SWC 2

Loss vs Eduardo Telles by KO in Fury FC 6

Win vs Silmar Rodrigo by Decision in MTL

Win vs Gerson Silva by Decision in XFC

Win vs Nailson Bahia by Submission in XFC

Win vs Danillo Villefort by TKO in GFC 1

Win vs Carlos Eduardo by Submission in WF 1

Win vs Walter Luis by Submission in CN 12

Win vs Emerson Naja by Submission in CN 12

Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling

Submission Champion

Three TIme Champion of Minas Gerais Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu
    2003, 2004,

Three Time Champion Brasil LBJJ

Champion Absolute Brasil LBJJ

Two Time Champion de Equipes Brasil CBJJ

Worldwide Champion CBJJ

Champion of Submission Champions League

Champion of the National Submission Tournament

Two Time Champion of the Pan Americans Submission Tournament CBJJ in New York

Two Time Champion Absolute in Grapplers Quest in New York

Champion of the Pan Americans Submission Tournament Absolute CBJJ in New York

c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

anyone here going in for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

anyone here going in for this?

After the debacle of the last one, with venue change on the morning, no weigh ins at all during the day, next generation will not be sending anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

After the debacle of the last one, with venue change on the morning, no weigh ins at all during the day, next generation will not be sending anyone.

to be fair i think that was the one before, the last one was sometime in feb and it ran fairly well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

I'll give it a crack. Haven't been to one of theirs before so I'll give them a chance.

In the name of teacher cesar morcegao, 14 years of experience in brazilian jiu jitsu, with another 9 organizing events, regard to the enquiries, and the fact that jiu jitsu events here are not as big as they are in brazil or the us, people here tend to send in applications only a day before the event. That’s absolutely not right, in my opinion, the applications must be sent at least a week before, this is the best for both athletes and the organization, in regard to the athletes taking part in the event, I think that they all should get together and make it grow more and mere each day. In every country where brazilian jiu jitsu is big, they hold an important event, and the key to achieve that here in Ireland, it’s all of you, so let’s make it happen! MCT PROMOTIONS would like to public apologize for any inconvenience caused, we will be working for the betterment of our upcoming events, since now, we would like to thank you all for your understanding.

Regards,

MCT PROMOTE EVENTS

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

morcegao wrote: »
    In the name of teacher cesar morcegao, 14 years of experience in brazilian jiu jitsu, with another 9 organizing events, regard to the enquiries, and the fact that jiu jitsu events here are not as big as they are in brazil or the us, people here tend to send in applications only a day before the event. That’s absolutely not right, in my opinion, the applications must be sent at least a week before, this is the best for both athletes and the organization, in regard to the athletes taking part in the event, I think that they all should get together and make it grow more and mere each day. In every country where brazilian jiu jitsu is big, they hold an important event, and the key to achieve that here in Ireland, it’s all of you, so let’s make it happen! MCT PROMOTIONS would like to public apologize for any inconvenience caused, we will be working for the betterment of our upcoming events, since now, we would like to thank you all for your understanding.

Regards,

MCT PROMOTE EVENTS

I don't mean to offend, but the organisation of tournaments in Ireland is quite good with the exception of yours.

The munster open was fantastic, I.P. tournaments are great, Andy's Dublin open, Irish open are great and Dave Jones ran an excellent no gi open this year.

I wont be able to make this one but I might get to the next one providing I hear a good report.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Maybe this will get the point across.

Professor, eu não quero ser mal-educado, mas você precisa entender que os jiu-jiteiros irlandeses não irão a seu torneio somente por que você diz que nós devemos ir. Você está correto em dizer que o jiu-jitsu é muito grande na Irlanda, assim nós já temos muitas competições com muitos lutadores.

Houveram muitas questionamentos sobre problemas nos torneios anteriores, e porque você não tentou explicar como você corrigirá estes problemas, assim como "da-bres" disse antes, nós não iremos a seu torneio até ouvirmos coisas boas sobre eles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭NG-DOC

dasmoose wrote: »
    Maybe this will get the point across.

Professor, eu não quero ser mal-educado, mas você precisa entender que os jiu-jiteiros irlandeses não irão a seu torneio somente por que você diz que nós devemos ir. Você está correto em dizer que o jiu-jitsu é muito grande na Irlanda, assim nós já temos muitas competições com muitos lutadores.

Houveram muitas questionamentos sobre problemas nos torneios anteriores, e porque você não tentou explicar como você corrigirá estes problemas, assim como "da-bres" disse antes, nós não iremos a seu torneio até ouvirmos coisas boas sobre eles.

took the words right out of my mouth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Ah google translator!!:p

Gave it a read through and seems to make sense. But when you translate pack to english it gets dodgy again.:confused:

Ah google translator!!

Nope :) Not falling into the same trap Morcegao has ;)

I don’t mean to be impolite, but the competition is open for all who wants to take part in it, and all are welcome. Here in Ireland there are good events. Is up to us make the brazilian jiu jitsu grow here. I respect everyone’s opinion. Be all of you welcome to any of the MCT PROMOTE EVENTS

Kindly regards

Well, I tried. Morcegao obviously has no interest in listening to the issues people have had or fixing them, so i won't be going to this and i'd encourage anyone who wants to compete to attend Barry Oglesby's next tournament at informed performance, details at bjj.ie - the last few have been fantastically run and really good atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

i'd encourage anyone who wants to compete to attend Barry Oglesby's next tournament at informed performance, details at bjj.ie - the last few have been fantastically run and really good atmosphere too.

I would second that and NG will be out in force for Barry's next tournament and Peter Lavery's next one etc People can accept teething problems and yes as I have stated on here before, unwillingness to preregister or god forbid prepay is problematic for organisers. What is totally unacceptable is to state that all competitors will be weighed in before stepping on the mats and then not to weigh anybody at all, all day even though scales were present. As Clive said on that particular day the honour system was used, not really a reliable system where weight making is used.

Not surprised there has been no adequate response, there was none on the day either, in fact questioning anything if you didnt speak portugese seemed frowned upon and thats not a racist comment, I have many friends who are brazilian.

this event is going to start at 10:00 am

Advertisement