Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyberlink Youcam not working

• 09-07-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem the last few days, I have never had a problem with my webcam but it just went blank. What I mean by that is that the programme "Cyberlink Youcam" opens no problem and the light comes on but the screen is just blank. I did a bit of troubleshooting, updating the software, checking that it was enabled, going through device manager but nothing worked.

I uninstalled it and went to the website to reinstall it but it's an upgrade that you have to pay for which I don't and shouldn't have to do. I looked all over the site and in forums but found nothing. Has anyone any ideas on what I can do or if you had the same problem and found a solution to it I would appreciate it.

Here's all my info:

HP laptop G60 Notebook PC
    AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
    2GB RAM
    32-bit OS
    Windows Vista

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem the last few days, I have never had a problem with my webcam but it just went blank. What I mean by that is that the programme "Cyberlink Youcam" opens no problem and the light comes on but the screen is just blank. I did a bit of troubleshooting, updating the software, checking that it was enabled, going through device manager but nothing worked.

I uninstalled it and went to the website to reinstall it but it's an upgrade that you have to pay for which I don't and shouldn't have to do. I looked all over the site and in forums but found nothing. Has anyone any ideas on what I can do or if you had the same problem and found a solution to it I would appreciate it.

Here's all my info:

HP laptop G60 Notebook PC
    AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-60 1.90 GHz
    2GB RAM
    32-bit OS
    Windows Vista
    My guess is the webcam is broken unfort. That or there is a setting for brightness or something. But you said you removed the software an and reinstalled it.

Advertisement