Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naughty Bear - is it really that bad?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 4:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Watched/read a few reviews of this game. They all give it less than a 3.0 or something.

Is it really that bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just watched a few clips of it on Youtube. It looks terrible. You seem to do the same thing over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

It looks pretty woeful alright... 4/10 on EG which pretty much agrees with the average on Metacritic

Might still check out a demo if they put one up mind you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

great for about 5 minutes til the novelty wears off and the repition of the whole game and the woeful controls start becoming more and more irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

(Going by reviews) The idea is really great but it's incredibly repetitive. There's only one map, and it's not that big. So you're doing the same thing over and over again; with stuff like cool kills, the same animation would wear off after a few times.

It sounds like this should've been a DLC-only game, not a boxed game. It's your money, but it really looks like it's not worth it at all. The AI looks pretty cool, and maybe the next game (if they get to make it) will have many more levels and explore it a bit more. Avoid IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's not great to be honest...Novelty wears off pretty quick. You could probably make your own fun with various set pieces and setting up death animations but overall, it isn't the greatest purchase I've made.

Some problems with slow down, cameras and animations ignore walls (there will be clipping issues / the entire thing takes place behind a wall and therefore you can't see).

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

Game looks quite fun for first few moments but then... boring and uncool :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Never heard of the game until I saw this thread.
    But when I saw the title I immediately thought "Oh great.... they've gone and made a game with Pedobear in it...."
    I really need to get out more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

After playing the third mission...and finding that I can't play 4 until I do some extra challenge levels, I've decided I'm going to trade it in unfinished. May not sound like major news but I (almost) never trade - was a PC gamer so it's an alien concept :D

🤪

Advertisement