Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW > Jpeg question

• 09-07-2010 4:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is there any way to convert a batch of raw images to jpeg images? Is there a way on bridge or a program you can download that will do a lot of images all at once? Instead of having to select each picture individually and then save as Jpeg.

Any help appriciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I have an older copy of Paint Shop Pro, version 6.

I had a quick look under the File drop down menu and there is a selection for Batch Conversion.

You select the input and output for the files.

I have not tried it so best of luck.

A quick google search came up with this link for a download.
    http://www.oldversion.com/Paint_Shop_Pro.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

You can use infranview to do it. Very simple to use and free. It can do a batch of photo's at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you can do it from bridge using the photoshop option called image processor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkippyCraig

If you already have a full version of Photoshop (which I'm guessing from the fact that you mentioned Bridge) then you can set up an 'action' and access this from Bridge to apply it to a batch of images. (Especially useful if you want to do more than just save the image)

If you regularly deal with large batches of raw files then maybe Adobe Lightroom is more suited to you than Photoshop as it is specifically designed for batching through import / catalogue / tweak / export. Plus for optimising raw files Lightroom gives you much easier access to all the relevant controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

many photo processing applications will have batch conversion - for example lightroom (try the 30day trial if you're in a hurry for something) or silkypix (which i'm using). These are commercial offerings. In the free space you could try UFRAW which has a command line batch converter built in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mielag

I`m using Lightroom - best thing ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

In Lightroom (and there are free open source clones of Lightroom as well that probably will also do this.) you just select the images, then select FILE >> EXPORT, and give it things like the size of the exported images etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

someone mentioned ifranview? that does not open RAW files for me. I use LR, but usually go through them one by one, never actually tried batch exporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

someone mentioned ifranview? that does not open RAW files for me. I use LR, but usually go through them one by one, never actually tried batch exporting.

I think it processes some of them -

"DNG, EEF, NEF, MRW, ORF, RAF, DCR, SRF/ARW, PEF, X3F, RW2, NRW* Digital camera RAW formats (Adobe, Epson, Nikon, Minolta, Olympus, Fuji, Kodak, Sony, Pentax, Sigma)"

including your sony?

(above from http://www.irfanview.com/main_formats.htm)

Having said that i've batch processed jpg's with irfanview (its really good) but not raw.

EDIT: Just had a quick look - the raw files don't show up in the list, but if you choose "all files" in the file format drop down and then add them in, it worked seamlessly with my .pef (Pentax Raw) files. It does them blindingly fast too which i've always found when doing mega batches of jpg resizes. So, I must investigate this more as RAW conversion is generally painfully slow no matter what application i've used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cheers for that, must give it a proper try out later. I find doing a large batch of RAWs through LR really cumbersome at times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement