Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plug plants?

Options
  • 09-07-2010 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

hi does anyone know where you can get plug plants (small ready growing ready for transplanting)
    be great if they do vegetables this way , but im also after flowers also
    thanyou

Comments

Find your local nursery or Garden center.
    Homebase and the like are comparatively expensive for poorer quality plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

look out for the hospital section in the bigger stores, i find b&q plus woodies the best, bring them home then immerse them fully in a bath of water with a good dose of diathene, for 24 hours, repot or plant them, the good stuff at homebase is just that good, perhaps a little pricey, be price concious, shop around, in my area a lot of the locals are twice as expensive as the muntibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Plug plants are usually the very small ones that you buy in spring, its a bit late for them now. There are still some of the bigger ones that you buy in 6s, but its getting towards the end of the season for them too. I doubt you will get veg, though you would probably get herbs.

Advertisement