Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Harrassment

Options
  • 09-07-2010 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    this is my first post to the boards, I am Irish but live abroad. I don't want to post to the English speaking boards where I live as I am well known there.

I need some advice.

Recently I have been receiving a lot of harrassment calls from someone with whom I did business and now they feel they have been wronged. I fix laptops as a way to earn an income.
    In my opinion the guy shouldn't own a laptop as he is incapable of following simple directions to operate the thing. He had Vista installed, I updgraded him to Windows 7 and also installed his O2 Surf stick and tried to show him how to use it.
    He got flustered and starting yelling at me that I had screwed up his laptop and he was not going to pay me. Fair enough, he can f**k way off, I don't care if I never see the guy again. The problem is he is calling me 24 hours a day, often every 20 minutes and texting me.

I have been to the police already about this guy but they say that they cannot do anything until he makes a serious threat of violence. He has been calling my phone from an anonymous number and sending me SMS messages every hour of the day for the last week. The guy is crazy, I have offered him an alternate solution even telling him I could give him his machine back the way it was when he first gave it to me (I did make a backup) and asked him to stop on four occasions but this guy just continues.
    I have programmed a call blocker on my phone but this is still not perfect, he still gets through somehow. I don't want to change my number as I use it for business.
    Any ideas on how I can keep this guy busy with something else so he doesn't bother me any more? He is really getting on me and my families nerves, also implying things about my wife in his messages. The guy is slime and I really want to get him off my back. I have his private data, I had thought about posting it on the internet but that would be breaking the law and thats not the road I want to go down, but sometimes we have to take the law into our own hands... what to do??

HELP, PLEASE

Should I visit the guy with a two by four 0 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    Pay someone to do it
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Am sorry for your troubles. The charter does not allow for legal advice.

Practically, report this to the Gardai and do not consider the option you stated in your poll.

Tom

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement