Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to travel to Australia for contracting

Options
  • 09-07-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm thinking of travelling to Sydney to do IT contracting and was wondering what would be the best time of year to head?
    Is the demand for contracting the same year round or does it dip during their summer time (nov, dec, jan)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

In my experience not really, most times are the same, although July->Sept they could be hiring more people as July is the start of financial year, so a lot of companies will have their new funding then etc

Dec/Jan are not as bad as ireland for freezes due to xmas and new year, I know my company can get very quiet in Dec but picks up massively in Jan(end)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snapdraw

Thanks very much for the info. I was planning on heading towards the end of January so it should be a fine time to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

snapdraw wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the info. I was planning on heading towards the end of January so it should be a fine time to head.

100% the best time to head...end of Jan/start of Feb is by far the best time...Dec and Jan can be very quiet as it is the middle of school holidays and thats alot of Australians take holidays and alot of the gov departments basically close up until the last week of Jan

Advertisement