Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's not broadband, it's Magnet.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

building on the last comment and as general comment we use magnet as one of our providers and it works great now and over the last few years. Recent changes we requested were handled speedily & professionally. We've always found them very good and used them for customers too, they've good engineers that will come & install initially too.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

Gautama wrote: »

I wonder if this is enough grounds to leave my contract early and return to Eircom?

Thanks.

Leave Magnet and go back to Eircom ?
    Eh, I assume you are mentally ill my friend.
    I'd kill to be able to get magnet and consign Eircon to the trash where they belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

p2p2p wrote: »
    Leave Magnet and go back to Eircom ?
    Eh, I assume you are mentally ill my friend.
    I'd kill to be able to get magnet and consign Eircon to the trash where they belong.

+1

if i had the choice between magnet and eircon i would take magnet any day over eircom but yet UPC and magnet arnt avaliable here which is a real shame:(:( with eircon now stalking what everyone downloads i wouldnt go near them again ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - I'd echo the others here - moving back to Eircom???

Left them years ago - switch was handled extremely badly on their end - so much so that I swore to them and myself I would never go back. They still call regularly to my door with their poor boxes - twice now in the last two weeks. My constant demands to stop calling and to leave me alone are being ignored - definitely feels like harassment.

Up until this thread I really thought very highly of Magnet and wished they were in my area - and while your experience does have me concerned in terms of the information being shared I am still strongly considering moving to Magnet in the coming weeks.

Let's just say that my experience with Eircom was so bad that anytime I see lack of information I start getting worried.

Glad it is back OP - hope it stays up for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Hope this is the right thread. I have Magnet 50mb, but it has never gone over 30mb! Why would this be? Ive been using that speedtest site.:)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hope this is the right thread. I have Magnet 50mb, but it has never gone over 30mb! Why would this be? Ive been using that speedtest site.:)

This was really a thread about an outage which has now been resolved. If you PM me your details I can look into the issue.

The only customers on 50Mb are fibre customers and there should be no degradation on those lines, so it would be a simple fix.

PM sent.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Can't believe you're even considering going back to Eircom.. I have 24mb with Magnet for about 4 months, never drops always perfect. I get speed of about 19mb, it's ok.

I along with my 3 roomates are heavy users, we all download lots. Not once did I have to worry about any phone call or warning from Magnet about it.

And I will stay with them as long as I don't get that call. Enjoy Eircom and their 500kb cap.

gaz wac wrote: »

Just to update this...i have the 25mb package, not 50mb as I previously thought :o

:)

Advertisement