Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOOKING FOR AREAS TO USE FOR OUTDOOR GROUP FITNESS CLASSES

Options
  • 09-07-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I`m currently on lookout for areas to use to bring a group to train(less than 20). At the moment we are moving around a bit but i`d love to find somewhere permanent. The problem is most pitches are being used at time that we use or the council own the land and want a small fortune for use of it.
    Looking for somewhere close to city, or even oranmore side. No facilities needed other than a bit of land. Anyone any suggestions, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Hi Gizmo73
    you could try rinville park, oranmore.
    nice area, overlooking the bay,lots of open areas, and plenty of walkways / runways through the forest. some hills to punish them on too.:eek:.

theres a park in loughrea, next to the lake, with a runway / walkway also.
    might be ok too, but thats probably too far away..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

There is also the park in Doughiska which the locals are trying to encourage people to use on a more regular basis. Have been there once and its a little gem for a walk or run. There is some open space and children's playing facilities there so it might be an option. Presume it was developed by Galway City Council but it is certainly a group of locals that maintain it and clean up the litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Cheers, Rinville is great alright. use it form time to time but looking for something a bit closer for permanent sessions as most people from city area.
    Where is the park in dougiska, i will take a look at it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

We have used park across from Leisureland in Salthill for training sessions, flat ground, some steep slopes and steps and also handy for beach/prom sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Cheers, Rinville is great alright. use it form time to time but looking for something a bit closer for permanent sessions as most people from city area.
    Where is the park in dougiska, i will take a look at it, thanks

Park in Doughiska is at the back of the Amber Lodge Hotel but the Rinville idea is a great one i think. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I`m currently on lookout for areas to use to bring a group to train(less than 20). At the moment we are moving around a bit but i`d love to find somewhere permanent. The problem is most pitches are being used at time that we use or the council own the land and want a small fortune for use of it.
    Looking for somewhere close to city, or even oranmore side. No facilities needed other than a bit of land. Anyone any suggestions, thank you
    Just out of interest, is this the army training thing that was in the City Tribune the last day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Possibly, but if i mention it i`ll be banned from here

Advertisement