Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Park for O2

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi, I`m going to the O2 tomorrow night and am not from Dublin. I know there is no parking at event, so where is handiest place to drive to to leave car. Will be leaving city afterwards heading for Galway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

If I were you I'd use the park & ride at LUAS Red Cow & get the LUAS all the way in to the o2. There are usually extra trams put on after events, & even though the trams are packed there are surprisingly short delays.

Or, you could park in the Ashling Hotel car park & get the LUAS from Heuston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There is parking there now at the Point Village

http://www.pointvillage.ie/parking_.aspx

Plenty of more temporary parking sites around too for gigs for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I was out at the Point Village a few weekends ago and they have a brand new multi-storey now that's so very close to the 02 itself it'd just take a minute or two, if even, to walk across. I presume it's now fully operational and available for nights events are on. The posted charge for "Concert Parking" was €10 and it was well-manned, lots of CCTVs and very secure.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think it should be open for your gig. Not sure what the capacity is so you might have to get there early. There's also the option of parking at a Luas Park & Ride and getting the Luas right out to the O2. Not sure what stop would be best on that line for parking but someone else might suggest a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

I believe the underground parking at the O2 has 720 spaces, it costs €10 to park there for an event. The Luas Park and Ride facility costs €4 for the car for a day and then your return ticket which would be around the €4 mark if you went from Red Cow to the Point (O2).

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Nice one cheers. Parked in the point village car park. €10 for any events thats one, great set up. Will be using that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Parking on Sheriff St and Castleforbes road is free on Saturdays and Sundays and stops at 7pm Mon-Fri and there's always tons of room on the side of the road. Work at the O2 every 2nd or 3rd gig and always leave my car there, costs nothing most of the time and when you have to put change in the meter, it's only till 7 so costs €2 max.

Point village are refusing to provide staff parking rates for their own staff let alone those using the neighbouring O2 so I've used them once and never will again :rolleyes: Wouldn't touch the cowboys at the temporary sites with a ten foot barge pole either, mainly because their ignorant and stupid attendants think they have the god given right to halt traffic on North Wall Quay and Sheriff Street after the gigs. Assholes.

Advertisement