Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on connecting Pc to Lcd tv

• 09-07-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,i am just setting about doing the above and wondering which route to take.
    Just to get a PC to RGB screw in version or is there better options outthere like connecting via a HDMI adapter or connecting it through the 3 pin scart on the back of the LCD?
    I think Ebay just made the decision worse :eek:.
    The RGB connection on the back of the tv is a 15 pin female,thanks.

Comments

Your TV has a VGA port, yah? It'd look something like this. I think that's what you might mean by RGB screw. All you'd need is a VGA cable.

On the other hand, if your PC doesn't have a HDMI, and your TV has, you can get a DVI to HDMI adapter, assuming your PC has a DVI port (it'd look like this). A HDMI connection would allow for higher quality. If your PC does have DVI, something like this or this would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks,that cleared it up a bit :) i just need the VGA cable then just it had [RGB] beside the connection on the back of the tv,that through me off.
    Then all i was coming up with while searching was DVI connection ends which i don`t have either.
    It`s just a basic desktop,i`m trying to get some use out of it and to get my little one off the laptop :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

set resolution on pc to 720x576 ,or 1024x768 ,set refresh rate to 60mhz on pc.
    See tv manual, pc to tv settings,vga resolution.cable vga costs 8euro approx.for tv use i prefer vga ,for games or dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks for the tips :D.

Advertisement