Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Boots (Online)

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good source for well priced football boots online. When I go into shops it's difficult to find a pair of mouldies that aren't made of outrageously coloured plastic. The selection in Galway at least is shocking, I actually don't think there is a pair of size 10 moulded stud boots in the town.

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bucks777

try prodirectsoccer.com...have bought a few pairs off them,plenty to choose from and some good clearance offers most of the time....also try newitts.co.uk,have only bought from there once though

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

Not sure if you'd be willing to spend €90, but if you are, go for the Adidas Copa Mundial boot. They're pure class and they're not orange or lime green!

They have them in Elvery's in Athlone, so I'm sure they'll be in Galway too.

Here's a pic: http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod_images/zoom/PDS002001006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

TheBa wrote: »
    Not sure if you'd be willing to spend €90, but if you are, go for the Adidas Copa Mundial boot. They're pure class and they're not orange or lime green!

They have them in Elvery's in Athlone, so I'm sure they'll be in Galway too.

Here's a pic: http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod_images/zoom/PDS002001006.jpg

I know id love them, not sure though about them holding up because im gonna be playing a lot on artificial grass over summer, my last pair only lasted about 8 weeks on artificial

What happened them? I have my pair for over a year and they're fine.

Maybe don't go crazy tightening the laces, or if they burst, try getting a cobbler to patch them up.

I got a pair of Predators patched up a few years ago and knocked another few months out of them. Well worth doing with expensive boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

TheBa wrote: »
    What happened them? I have my pair for over a year and they're fine.

Maybe don't go crazy tightening the laces, or if they burst, try getting a cobbler to patch them up.

I got a pair of Predators patched up a few years ago and knocked another few months out of them. Well worth doing with expensive boots.

It was a cheap pair that fell apart. I dunno is it the artificial grass or the cheapness they were diadora. If the copas stand up to the artificial i'll buy a pair, just dont want to spend that much only for them to be ruined after a couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

I just bought a pair of size 11 Kelme Trueno Moulded studs on ebay for 67euro all in(P&P). Tried them for the first time tonight, great boot, probably most comfortable ive ever had.
    Some great bargains on ebay for boots and the search function is pretty good.

Yeah, true, ebay is great.

But I would definitely recommend the Copa Mundial. You get what you pay for with them. They're not an over-hyped, over-priced commercial boot with a new version out every year. And that's probably why you almost never see them cheap or in big sales. Even ebay don't have them any cheaper.

You could save 15 quid if you want to chance these, http://cgi.ebay.ie/Adidas-Profi-Copa-Mundial-Football-Boots-UK-8-5-BNIB-/330449650776?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Football_Rugby_Boots&hash=item4cf0558458 , but I'd go to the shop and get the originals. 15 quid isnt much when you're up in this price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Agree prodirectsoccer.com. Ordered a pair of puma kings xl from there last week and worked out around €60 with delivery. Same boots were €135 in arnotts.

Advertisement