Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flea bites

Options
  • 09-07-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

My puppy got treated for fles two weeks ago(advocate). Still scratching yesterday and on inspection I think I saw a little black think scoot away. So I brought her back to my vet and they gave me frontline spot on. (Also she was reacting with little pustule to the bites so she got an anti-biotic).
    So today she was lying on me on the couch, and next thing I know I have five little hive things on my and they are as itch as fook!!!
    What the hell do I have to do to kill these little buggers. As I type I just got another bite on my hip from the couch.....aaaaaagggggghhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

You can get fleaspray for the house and spray it around on carpets, couch, curtains. And wash the dog's bed on a high heat if it's washing machine safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I did all that two weeks ago assuming the Advocate would work. I cannot beleive I have to doit all again. That spray stuff is digusting and chemically. And on topof that I have to bring her with me to my parents house for the weekend this evening. Will she give fleas to their dogs(they were treated two weeks ago too. Why would a flea spot on treatment not work???:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

They do work but it can take a while to break down the life cycle of the fleas, i.e. any that are around the house or any of their eggs or larvae that may be around. Keep treating your dog with the spot ons and hoover, hoover, hoover! Everywhere, twice a day. And empty it out the minute your finished, tie up the bag and bin it. I know its a royal pain in the a$$ but when my dog had them it really was the only thing that was effective, the majority of them will be living on your dogs bedding, carpets, couch, etc so by hoovering often you'll be getting rid of the eggs aswell. Also once you keep treating the dog any that hop onto him will die. Good luck, I feel yor pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Your parents' dogs should be fine I think because they've been treated. But there might be some around your parents' house, but I think they'll die after a while . . . ?

If you know anyone with a steam cleaner you could use that on the carpet, furniture and all. I got one in argos for like €40 when my indoor cat got fleas and it worked fine. I didn't use any flea spray.

Advertisement